Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Robinson (Adam Hunter)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Adam Hunter reflects on Cameron Robinson's shock death
    Robert isn't the only role he's played in the show.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...obinson-death/

Neighbours star Adam Hunter has spoken to Digital Spy about his days playing two different characters in the show.

The actor recently reprised his role as Paul Robinson's killer son Robert, who's still in prison for the crimes that he committed more than a decade ago.

In 2006, Adam also played the part of Robert's identical brother Cameron, but the character's time on Ramsay Street was only short as he died after being knocked over by Max Hoyland.

Speaking to Digital Spy about the challenge of portraying two characters at the same time, Adam laughed: "I get this question all the time. Most people want to know if I got double the pay!

"Yes, it was challenging – they give you two lots of lines to learn, and then you have to play yourself against yourself in the room. At that point in time, I was in theatre and was capable of learning a lot of dialogue, but it doesn't make it any easier when you step in front of the camera.

"It was exhausting and you have to really concentrate. It was good fun, though. I got to play two different characters and it's basically like two very weird versions of yourself."

Asked whether he thinks it's a shame that Cameron was killed off, Adam replied: "Not really, he was the weaker of the two. Cameron was the nice one and so unfortunately he had to go.

"I had more fun playing Robert and the writers had more fun writing him. Cameron was just there for the story, really, as they were twins. Cameron was just the one who had to go."

Robert will be playing a central role in Neighbours' Christmas episodes this year, as he escapes from Erinsborough Hospital after agreeing to donate a kidney to his half-brother David Tanaka.

A new trailer released by the show has hinted that the plot is building to another big showdown between Robert and Paul.

On working with Stefan Dennis, who plays Paul, Adam added: "He's brilliant. He's got a heart of gold and I loved every minute of working with him again. He has great empathy as an actor and is very good at conveying emotion.

"If there is a scene that requires him to go a bit deeper, he can go there every single time. That is lovely to have on set and to work opposite that.

"He is a great actor to work with. Considering the history between the two characters, it is enjoyable to have someone who can show such depth and complexity."

Neighbours continues on Monday (December 23) at 11.20am and 6.05pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (23-12-2019)

For someone who took out an entire family and more Robert is a very mellow psychopath

He reminds me of Tottenham and Denmark footballer Christian Eriksen.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...hUrnXeUu5Jpq00

see if that works. I can't tell if it will or not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (23-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    He reminds me of Tottenham and Denmark footballer Christian Eriksen.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...hUrnXeUu5Jpq00

see if that works. I can't tell if it will or not.
    Works for me

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours boss shares new Christmas teasers for Robert Robinson's return
    "Robert is not without redeeming features."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...stmas-teasers/

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison has spoken exclusively to Digital Spy about the shock return of Robert Robinson.

Robert (Adam Hunter) is taking centre stage in dramatic Christmas episodes this week, which see him escape from Erinsborough Hospital after agreeing to donate a kidney to his half-brother David Tanaka.

Despite his scheming, Robert appears to have a genuine interest in his daughter Harlow (Jemma Donovan), who was determined to spend more time with him in Monday's episode.

Speaking to Digital Spy about revisiting Robert's storyline, Herbison explained: "We've been wanting to revisit Robert for some time and finally had an opportunity this year, via Harlow.

"Having a daughter gives Robert an extra dimension, he's not a full-blown villain. He's actually very similar to Paul in that his children are his Achilles heel.

"Robert wants to have a relationship with Harlow, however his past is very much in the way. He's a damaged person, but not without redeeming features."

Official spoilers released by the show have revealed that Robert will pose a major threat to Elly Conway later this week, when he holds her at knifepoint while she's in labour at the Kennedy house.

Those scenes will air on Christmas Day, as the Aussie soap continues to screen all-year-round thanks to its deal with Channel 5.

Asked about upping the drama levels with this year's festive stories, Herbison explained: "We know that Christmas Day soaps are a huge tradition in the UK and that viewers expect big drama. Every year we need to up the ante.

"We planned for a couple of our stories to take major turns and provide repercussions for months to come.

"Being Christmas, we also have some lovely heartland Neighbours moments. It's a very reflective time of year, particularly for those who have lost loved ones and we explore these themes too."

Neighbours airs on weekdays on Channel 5 (UK) and 10 Peach (Australia).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (24-12-2019)

Thread Information