Thread: Wendy (Susan Cookson)

Exclamation Wendy (Susan Cookson)

There’s more trouble ahead for Victoria when Lee’s mum (Wendy) comes to the village. Susan Cookson will be playing the role.

Emmerdale Uninterrupted

so is she a regular now, village nurse?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-11-2019)

Susan Cookson has spoken about her character Wendy Posner finally starting to change her mind about Victoria Barton.

Victoria (Isabel Hodgins) reported Wendy's son Lee to the police after he raped her last year. Wendy later made repeated visits to the village, harassing Victoria and wrongly accusing her of lying about Lee.

Spoilers for next week's episodes have revealed that Wendy may finally start to see sense when it comes to Lee, who died last year after being attacked by Victoria's brother Robert.

Viewers will see Wendy at home, breaking down as she looks through old pictures of Lee and his brother Luke. It seems that she could finally be questioning Lee's innocence and understanding what Victoria went through.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at a recent Emmerdale press day, Susan explained: "Initially the way it was written, and the only way I could play it, was that Wendy wholeheartedly believed her son and did not believe Victoria.

"She felt there was something more sinister about Victoria and she was lying for some weird reason, because there's no way Lee would have done something like that.

"But as time has gone on, Wendy has been in the village and seen Victoria first-hand in her home environment, surrounded by the people who love her.

"It's starting to sow a seed of doubt that something must have happened. It really is a terrible dilemma to have to think about your child in that light and how you would feel about that."

She continued: "I think the scripts have been very sensitive and the story has played out in real time. For all the times we don't see Wendy on screen, she's grieving for her son, but slowly within that grief, she's seeing this really nice girl who carried her grandchild. It has sowed that seed of doubt.

"It's been really interesting to play but also difficult to get your head into that mindset. I think it's been very sympathetically written and it's a very interesting dilemma to play.

"I think Wendy's relationship with Victoria is going to change. How it fully pans out, even I haven't seen that yet. But it is going to change and it will be led by Victoria – quite rightly so.

"Wendy is quite a strong character and she will probably want to push things sooner than she should, but that's where Luke comes in. He's been very good at stopping her and playing that devil's advocate."

Susan confirmed that she always knew Wendy would be an Emmerdale regular when she joined the cast last summer.

She said: "I knew how it was going to play out, and that it'd be a very slow start. I was told they couldn't do any kind of press launch on me being part of the cast, because it would give it away.

"It was all drip fed, but I was so excited to know what was coming up."

Digital Spy

What is the big secret? Did she kill somebody once under her care? What hold has Russ over her?

The way he said 'qualified nurse' was suspicious. I don't think it would be impossible to falsify qualifications, however medical organisations should be stringent on checking qualifications during the recruitment process. However this is soap land, so who knows ;).

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyBizzy View Post
    The way he said 'qualified nurse' was suspicious. I don't think it would be impossible to falsify qualifications, however medical organisations should be stringent on checking qualifications during the recruitment process. However this is soap land, so who knows ;).
    I was thinking that too but she has worked as nurse for quite a while, would have thought her work would have noticed if she did not have the qualifications. Maybe a patient died because of her neglicence and it was covered up...?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I was thinking that too but she has worked as nurse for quite a while, would have thought her work would have noticed if she did not have the qualifications. Maybe a patient died because of her neglicence and it was covered up...?
    another killer nurse, dales is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    another killer nurse, dales is dangerous
    If she's a killer,she could just kill Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    If she's a killer,she could just kill Russ
    That would be like Anna and Pat Phelan re-run ... is Weatherfield ready for another revenge killing??

Thread Information