Thread: Denise van Outen and Richard Arnold joining Neighbours in guest roles

Exclamation Denise van Outen and Richard Arnold joining Neighbours in guest roles

Neighbours has announced that presenter and actress Denise van Outen is joining the cast for a guest role.

The TV personality is currently filming scenes for the Aussie soap in London, alongside stars Stefan Dennis and Rebekah Elmaloglou.

And joining Denise is Good Morning Britain presenter Richard Arnold, who will also be making his debut on the show.

Denise has been cast as Prue Wallace, the enigmatic mother of Harlow Robinson (Jemma Donovan), and her upcoming scenes are said to be part of a major storyline that will unfold later in the year.

Speaking about her guest role, Denise shared her excitement to be joining the legendary soap.

"I am thrilled to be joining the cast of one the world's most iconic shows, Neighbours," she said.

"To be asked is a privilege and I am very excited to get to work on a really fun storyline first in London and then heading over to Melbourne.

"I can't say too much just yet but my character Prue is heading to Ramsay Street to stir things up and I can't wait!"

GMB's Richard will play Graham, a man who's said to have unhealthy influence over Denise's character Prue, but there are no further details on how he will fit in the new storyline.

Speaking about his cameo appearance, Richard said: "I always knew my career would hit a 'dead end' eventually but I never dreamed it would do so in such spectacular fashion joining the cast of Neighbours, home to the most famous cul-de-sac in television. G'day Britain!"

Neighbours favourite Stefan Dennis also shared a few words about working with Denise and Richard, saying: "We love the Brits and being in this incredible city!

Digital Spy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ChrisRF (22-06-2019), MellBee (13-06-2019), Pantherboy (13-06-2019), Ruffed_lemur (12-06-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Denise van Outen shares a sneak peek at her Neighbours role in new picture with co-stars
    She'll be involved in a major storyline later this year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...rs-sneak-peek/

Two months ago, it was announced that Denise van Outen (and Good Morning Britain's Richard Arnold) would be making an appearance in the Australian soap Neighbours.

Now, the star has shared some photos of herself on the set including one alongside some of her new co-stars, Jemma Donovan and Zima Anderson, on Instagram.

Van Outen will be playing Prue Wallace, the mysterious mother of Harlow Robinson (Donovan), with her scenes being a part of one of the next few months' biggest storylines.

"I am thrilled to be joining the cast of one the world's most iconic shows, Neighbours," she said after the news was revealed.

"To be asked is a privilege and I am very excited to get to work on a really fun storyline first in London and then heading over to Melbourne.

"I can't say too much just yet but my character Prue is heading to Ramsay Street to stir things up and I can't wait!"

Paul Robinson actor Stefan Dennis was pretty excited about the casting, stating: "I knew Denise from many, many years ago, when she used to do The Big Breakfast – I was a guest on there a couple of times.

"Like probably 7 million other red-blooded men, [I had] a bit of a lasting crush."

Terese Willis actress Rebekah Elmaloglou added: "I thought it was just a cameo, but she's coming out to Australia in August to do a good month."

Well, we're certainly excited.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (11-08-2019)

Neighbours promo for Denise Van Outen (Prue):

https://youtu.be/Y_Fkrxh5ot0

EDIT: Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals cult storyline will continue as Prue Wallace makes a return
    Harlow may need to watch out.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ory-revisited/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-11-2019 at 22:15.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (31-10-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours to air heartbreaking scenes after Prue Wallace's death
    Sad news reaches Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ath-aftermath/

Neighbours spoilers follow. This includes details of some characters who survived the events of Neighbours: Endgame.

Neighbours has revealed details of the fallout from Prue Wallace's shocking death scene.

Prue (Denise van Outen) was killed off this week after inadvertently ending up with the Lassiters honeymoon box which contained Finn Kelly's hidden bomb.

Next week, those who survived the traumatic events on Pierce Greyson's island return to Erinsborough.

These include Prue's daughter Harlow Robinson (Jemma Donovan), who is still in a bad way and has to be put in an induced coma to save her life.

Harlow comes out of her coma later in the week, but David Tanaka advises that she's too fragile to hear about the deaths of Prue and Gary Canning.

Unfortunately, Harlow later grabs her phone and listens to the last voicemail that Prue left for her, which ended abruptly when the bomb went off.

After finding out the truth in the worst way, Harlow seeks answers from Paul, who confirms that her mother is dead.

Paul, Terese Willis and Roxy Willis all try to rally round Harlow, but she's full of questions – not understanding why Finn would have wanted to hurt her mum.

The police investigation soon progresses, which leads to Paul and Terese learning details of how Prue got caught in the crossfire. Will they tell Harlow what really happened?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 24, Wednesday, March 25 and Thursday, March 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MandaPanda (21-03-2020), MellBee (21-03-2020), Ruffed_lemur (21-03-2020)

Thread Information