Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christina & Caroline Alessi (Gayle & Gillian Blakeney)

Christina & Caroline Alessi (Gayle & Gillian Blakeney)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours announces shock returns for Christina and Caroline Alessi after 27 years
    Ramsay Street has got '90s fever.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...turn-27-years/

With the Spice Girls on tour and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer series in the works, 2019 is feeling more '90s than ever – and now it looks like even Neighbours can't resist a throwback to the 1990s.

Today (June 1) the soap has confirmed the return of two of its biggest stars from the decade as Gayle and Gillian Blakeney are heading back to Ramsay Street to reprise their roles of Christina and Caroline Alessi.

The duo will be back on screens in September this year, 27 years after they were last seen on screen.

The twins arrived on the soap all the way back in 1990 in the guise of 'Linda Giles', the identity both women shared in Witness Protection after witnessing a murder.

It wasn't long before the truth was revealed in true soap style though, and soon Christina and Caroline were making their mark on Ramsay Street, with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) catching the attention of both women.

Caroline (played by Gillian Blakeney) bowed out of the soap in May 1992, with Christina (played by Gayle) following a few months later.

Their return will see Christina come face-to-face with her ex-husband Paul Robinson once again, while Caroline, also an ex-lover of Paul's, has a few old scores to settle too. With their return around the corner, the women have a lot of catching up to do – but how will they cope now that Paul's got his eye on another new flame?

"We were tickled pink to be asked back and we knew if they wanted to reprise the characters after nearly 30 years, it had to be for a great story line which it is," Gayle said in a statement.

"We're really looking forward to filming it."

Gillian added: "Strangely enough it feels just so comfortable and familiar despite the obvious changes, the cast and crew have been so welcoming."

Any further details of what the twin sisters will get up to are being kept under wraps for now, but it looks like Paul Robinson will soon be left reeling from a couple of blasts from the past.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

And the radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours brings back the Alessi twins – Gayle and Gillian Blakeney return!
    The 90s favourites left Ramsay Street in 1992

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2019...illian-return/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-06-2019), MellBee (02-06-2019), Ruffed_lemur (02-06-2019), tammyy2j (04-06-2019)

What chance Terese already had an encounter with them in her early experimental days at Uni or something ?

do they both have kids with paul?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    do they both have kids with paul?
    Just Christina AFAIK. She's Andrew's Mother.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-06-2019), Pantherboy (04-06-2019), tammyy2j (04-06-2019)

Here's hoping they stay on the show and Paul ditches Terese for one of them! They're very good to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Just Christina AFAIK. She's Andrew's Mother.
    Which always struck me as hilarious - how did big strapping blonde Andrew who looked like a Viking (and ended up playing one) come from shorty Paul Robinson and a Blakeney twin?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CookieTargaryen For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (05-06-2019), tammyy2j (08-06-2019)

Was Caroline with Jim too?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (08-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Was Caroline with Jim too?
    I believe that Caroline & Jim were together at one stage - not sure for how long though. (I understand that the twins will only be back for about 3 episodes or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    I believe that Caroline & Jim were together at one stage - not sure for how long though. (I understand that the twins will only be back for about 3 episodes or so.)

Radiotimes.com article:

Stefan Dennis reveals Alessi twins return to Neighbours has “huge impact” on Paul
    Caroline and Christina are back after 26 years

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...mpact-on-paul/

Neighbours legend Stefan Dennis has teased more details about the upcoming return of Alessi twins Caroline and Christina, played by real life identical sisters Gayle and Gillian Blakeney.

Speaking to RadioTimes.com while filming on location in London for a future storyline involving guest star Denise Van Outen, Dennis, aka Ramsay Street’s original rogue Paul Robinson, admitted he was as surprised as the audience at the news two of his old on-screen flames were being brought back for the first time since the early 1990s.

“I fell off my chair when I found out!” he laughed. “I hadn’t seen the girls in 26 years, we lost contact when they moved to America. But I welcomed it, and the storyline is very funny and quite surprising.

“Gayle and Gillian live very different lifestyles now and have moved away from acting, but I don’t think they’ve got a desire to tread the boards again. Gill’s next door neighbour in Los Angeles is Tom Hanks!”

Dennis wouldn’t be drawn on the exact detail of what brings Caroline and Chrissie back into his alter ego’s orbit after so long, but it’s set to be dramatic. “The impact of their return on Paul’s life is massive,” he grinned. “In fact the first sighting of Christina tips Paul over the edge. That’s all I’m saying!”

The glamorous siblings were both embroiled personally and professionally with Paul when they moved to Erinsborough back in 1990. Businesswoman Caroline worked alongside him at Lassiters but it was mild-mannered Christina who first caught his eye, and they eventually married and had a son, Andrew.

Naughty Paul ended up cheating on Chrissie with his sister-in-law in 1992, but she gave him another chance and they left for a new life together in Hawaii, with Caroline also departing that same year to run a hotel overseas.

When Paul returned as a regular in 2004 it emerged the marriage had collapsed off-screen due to his fraudulent activities and general skulduggery. No wonder the trio’s reunion, set to air in September, sounds so fractious…

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (20-06-2019), Ruffed_lemur (20-06-2019)

Thread Information