Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jett

Exclamation Jett

Home and Away teenager Jett James will leave Marilyn Chambers and John Palmer heartbroken when he has second thoughts about being adopted.

Jett (Will McDonald) delighted the newlyweds when he announced that he wanted them to adopt him during a moving speech at their wedding reception.

However, Jett will suddenly have doubts about being adopted into the Palmer family, and when Marilyn buys him a skateboard to welcome him into the fold, it is clear something is very wrong.

John later finds Jett sitting on a bench dedicated to his former wife Gina, who died on the day they were supposed to adopt Jett last year.

Will McDonald as Jett James in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Will McDonald as Jett James

With their appointment in court looming, John desperately tries to persuade Jett that the adoption is for the best, but Jett refuses to get in the car.

Shane Withington, who plays John, said to TV Week: "Things don't go very smoothly - they never do in Summer Bay.

"It is the place where troubled kids come to find themselves and get sorted out - or not sorted out."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2014), tammyy2j (13-10-2014)

I thought John and Gina had already adopted him so John is his legal guardian father

I thought that too but maybe Gina died before the adoption was finalised???

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought John and Gina had already adopted him so John is his legal guardian father
    Gina, John and Jett were on their way to complete the adoption when Gina suffered a brain aneurysm and died. After the funeral, John tried to restart the adoption process but he was turned down because of his age and his health. John was allowed to foster Jett, but not allowed to adopt him.
    Now that John and Marilyn are married, I think Jett is scared that something will happen to Marilyn or John on the way to getting adopted like last time. In Jetts mind he probably thats that he`s a jinx or something and doesn`t want anything to happen to either John or Marilyn.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2014), lizann (15-10-2014), tammyy2j (15-10-2014)

Talking about John, has anyone else noticed that they seem to have whitewashed his son, Trey, out of existence. Trey was a school bully character back when Nicole was around and he had a bully of a father - John. Trey left the bay to go to juvie (I think) after he planted a bomb on the school bus. John became a regular character a bit later, and has been redeemed since those early days. I think his character changed because he felt so guilty about his part in how Trey turned out.

I find it very odd that Trey's never mentioned, especially when talking about John's children. John may have disowned his son, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think about him a lot and wouldn't talk to Marilyn about him occasionally.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-10-2014), TaintedLove (15-10-2014)

Usually in soapland if you have not seen a character for a long time and he/she gets talked about, they are coming back ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Usually in soapland if you have not seen a character for a long time and he/she gets talked about, they are coming back ...
    But John even mentioned Xavier (his stepson for about 5 minutes) recently, and he's not coming back either. I'm sure the writers want us to forget Trey's existence.

Characters that have left very rarely ever get mentioned again .. like Bev in Corrie ... a lot of viewers might not remember her, especially if they started watching Corrie after her departure

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Characters that have left very rarely ever get mentioned again .. like Bev in Corrie ... a lot of viewers might not remember her, especially if they started watching Corrie after her departure
    True

I really like the little family of John, Marilyn and Jett. They work so well together and feel like the old H&A that I used to love (rather than the Braxton show it's become in recent years).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Talking about John, has anyone else noticed that they seem to have whitewashed his son, Trey, out of existence. Trey was a school bully character back when Nicole was around and he had a bully of a father - John. Trey left the bay to go to juvie (I think) after he planted a bomb on the school bus. John became a regular character a bit later, and has been redeemed since those early days. I think his character changed because he felt so guilty about his part in how Trey turned out.

I find it very odd that Trey's never mentioned, especially when talking about John's children. John may have disowned his son, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think about him a lot and wouldn't talk to Marilyn about him occasionally.
    That's when I started watching H&A again after many years. I remember John when he first arrived and I remember thinking at the time what a nasty bigot he was. Good memory Dazzle.
    It seems any character on H&A can be whitewashed no mater how mean or bigoted. Looks like they`re getting the whitewash out again for Andy. No amount of whitewash can ever make me like Andy Barrett. I will always think of him as the reason Casey died.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2014)

Thread Information