Thread: Bernie (Jane Hazlegrove)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Bernie (Jane Hazlegrove)

Coronation Street has announced that former Casualty star Jane Hazlegrove is joining the cast this summer.

Hazlegrove – who played Kathleen 'Dixie' Dixon on Casualty between 2006 and 2016 – will play Gemma Winter and Paul Foreman's estranged mother Bernie, who will be introduced to viewers in July.

Bernie is described as "an old raver who still sees herself as a free spirit".

She has let down her children in the past on numerous occasions, and even disappoints Gemma (Dolly-Rose Campbell) in this week's episodes without appearing on screen as she fails to pick up her daughter, who makes plans to leave the cobbles.

Bernie's appearance in a few months will 'ruffle feathers' as she tries to support Gemma through her pregnancy, but Paul is suspicious of her.

"I'm thrilled to be joining Coronation Street," Hazlegrove said. "It's where I started by apprenticeship as a very young actor. I can't wait to get stuck in."

A spokesperson for the show added: "Like mother, like daughter. We are very pleased that the fantastic Jane Hazlegrove has agreed to join the cast as the irrepressible and impossible Gemma's even more irrepressible and impossible mother.

"Fur will fly!"

Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) currently doesn't know Gemma is pregnant, but will find out later this week.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-05-2019), tammyy2j (03-05-2019)

Good actress but sorry this is bad news.

More Gemma.

sounds another cilla

I liked her on Casualty

She will be working a pregnancy scam according to this https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...OnoSOQkiCbCDEE

Eurgh! Just read that article! Corrie scriptwriters have been taking the p*** for a while now - so now they're going to build a storyline around it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

parkerman (28-06-2019)

Thread Information