Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To The Waters and The Wild (Jakissie)

More please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great script.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry for the wait -- the next part is written, I just need to transfer from paper to computer and do the final edit thing. It should be up tomorrow. You all have permission to like kill me or something if it isn't, lol.

Thanks again, love you all.
    Last edited by BlackKat; 26-07-2005 at 20:31.

Oh, i can't wait til the next part.

Me neither.

Part IV

The first few weeks that Jake’s living at the Vic it’s as awkward as hell. They skirt around each other saying please and thank you, like complete strangers. They sleep in the same bed, just not together, and sometimes Chrissie thinks he may as well move back in with Alfie and Nana. She never says anything though, because she needs him close by, because sometimes that’s the only way she can believe he’s here. She wonders if it tires him out – people clinging onto his sleeve all the time.

After a week Sharon decides her and Dennis are going to move in with Pauline – “to give you two some privacy,” she smiles.

Chrissie’s been wanting to get rid of them for weeks but as soon as they’re gone she wants them back because at least then there was an excuse for this wall that seems to have sprung up between her and Jake during his absence.

She doesn’t dare ask what happened while he was away. She knows something happened because when he came back he still had fading bruises on his face, and it still takes him a second to catch his breath when someone jostles his ribs.

He helps out behind the bar sometimes, and Johnny comes in with Tina and orders drinks like everything’s normal. Johnny seems wary around Jake though, and Chrissie doesn’t know why.

It’s not all bad though. Sometimes, in the corner of her eye she catches him looking at her, with this look in his eyes, like she’s the most beautiful thing in the world. Or she’ll be standing in the kitchen and he’ll come up behind her, curl an arm around her waist, and place his palm on her stomach and everything will be so still and quiet and perfect.

Almost exactly 3 weeks since Jake came back to her, he gets a call from Maxwell. He doesn’t say anything while he’s on the phone, just stares at the wall. Chrissie’s sitting at the kitchen table eating yoghurt. The spoon taps against the side of the pot and it sounds too loud, so she stops and holds it still and just sits watching.

Jake nods once, very quickly, and then says, “Can you just tell him I’ll be there as soon as I can.” There’s a pause, and then he utters a quiet thank you before putting the phone back on the hook.

He stands for a while and Chrissie is hesitant to speak but eventually she asks, “Danny?”

Jake turns around and kneels down beside her chair. He reaches up a hand to cup the side of her face and says “I need…I have to.”

“Danny,” she says again, but it’s not a question this time. Jake nods and he looks like he’s trying not to cry. She’s starting to get a sense of déj* vu and it looks like Jake is to, because suddenly he’s clutching at her and saying “I’m going to come back I promise. It’s only a few days.”

Then he pulls away from her and walks his fingers over her stomach, and she gasps. He’s staring at it, just amazed, and he says “I love you,” and Chrissie isn’t sure whether he’s talking to her or the baby.

The first night he’s gone Chrissie prowls around the Vic in the dark, feeling like an intruder, a ghost. She doesn’t go in the cellar, but she thinks she can still feel it around her. The air’s cold and damp like a fog. It can’t be Den though, she thinks, because there’s no anger or bitterness, just sadness. The next morning she realises she’s just been silly, and it’s only because she’s missing Jake, but she can’t stand with her back to an open doorway without getting a chill up her spine.

Jake’s gone three days and when he does come back it’s in the middle of the night. She hears his key in the lock, and turns the bedside light on, but still starts when he appears in the bedroom doorway. His eyes are red and swollen like he’s been crying and when he says “Hi,” he can barely get it out.

Chrissie sits up in bed and says, “Come here,” and Jake crosses over to the bed and curls up beside her.

“Is Danny okay?” She asks. “Is everyone okay?”

He nods his head and suddenly he’s crying and gasping for breath all at the same time. All he can get out is sharp bursts of words that don’t make any sense. Eventually he manages to calm down and looks up at her. “I can’t do it anymore,” he says. “I can’t.”

“You don’t have to. It’s not your fault. Danny’s not your responsibility.”

“I’m sorry I left,” he says, and suddenly he’s kissing her, really kissing her, and saying “I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry,” and she can hardly breathe.

wow... wow... wow... this is brilliant... fabulous... please post more... more more more...
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

More more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more (Err do you get it now lol)
    Last edited by squillyfer; 27-07-2005 at 20:15.

Poor Jake. Glad he's come back properly now. Fabby. More please
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

He said "I love you" ! Amazing yet again !
    Please post more soon!
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Thanks guys. I'll try and have the next part up soon.

Thread Information