Thread: Vance Abernethy (Conrad Coleby)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vance Abernethy (Conrad Coleby)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours signs up former Home and Away star Conrad Coleby for guest role
    He'll play the boyfriend of Roxy Willis.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...by-guest-role/

Neighbours has signed up former Home and Away star Conrad Coleby for a guest role on the Australian soap.

Coleby – who is best known for his role as Roman Harris on Home and Away – will join Neighbours as Vance Abernethy, a guest-character who is set to stir things up from the moment he sets foot onto Ramsay Street.

The actor has also starred in the Channel 4 and E4 Australian drama Headland, as well as Sea Patrol, another drama set on a patrol boat of the Royal Australian Navy.

His Neighbours character Vance is the boyfriend of Roxy Willis (Zima Anderson), the niece of Terese who was announced by the soap last week.

Roxy will arrive on the Street looking for a fun time, but she also has a habit of causing chaos – so expect plenty of drama from Roxy from the off when her aunt Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) agrees to take her in.

"I've been so lucky with the role of Roxy, I've already found myself in a wide range of crazy situations from virtually the first scene which has been so much fun and really challenged me, I'm constantly learning," Zima said in a statement.

Zima described her first day on set as her "best experience to date" while hinting that her character quickly got up to some mischief.

"I was nervous but more excited and my first scene I had to jump up on the bar and pour tequila in my belly button which explains itself!" she said.

"Everyone on set was so welcoming and nice and it was just better than I ever imagined."

Neighbours airs on weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 and at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (19-04-2019), kaz21 (19-04-2019), lizann (10-05-2019), MellBee (10-05-2019)

so he is terese bad boy ex whom was never talked about before, how long before they at it again

I looked it up because I was surprised he would be Terese's ex. From the photos he doesn't look old enough. I figured it would be her long lost son - given that he was the boyfriend of a much younger niece that seemed to be more plausible (silly me for thinking that was a consideration...).

Anyway, as a guide, Coleby is 38yrs old, Rebekah is 45 and Zima is 21.

So, while it's just a TV show and people play parts, Terese was the older woman led astray (as she said) and Imogen was even surprised!! given what had just gone on with Leo, not sure 'surprise' is the right response. More like 'ohhh, makes sense now...'

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    I looked it up because I was surprised he would be Terese's ex. From the photos he doesn't look old enough. I figured it would be her long lost son - given that he was the boyfriend of a much younger niece that seemed to be more plausible (silly me for thinking that was a consideration...).

Anyway, as a guide, Coleby is 38yrs old, Rebekah is 45 and Zima is 21.

So, while it's just a TV show and people play parts, Terese was the older woman led astray (as she said) and Imogen was even surprised!! given what had just gone on with Leo, not sure 'surprise' is the right response. More like 'ohhh, makes sense now...'
    I think he looks a similar age to Terese anyway.

He does but that wasn't the impression I got when they showed photos from Roxy's phone. He looked a lot younger.

Radiotimes.com article:

Will Terese cheat on Paul with sexy ex Vance in Neighbours?
    The old flames are drawn back together.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2019...roxy-ex-vance/

The past has come back to haunt Neighbours’ Terese Willis (Rebekah Elmaloglou) in the shape of bad boy ex Vance Abernathy (Conrad Coleby), who has come to Erinsborough on the arm of her wild child niece Roxy Willis (Zima Anderson), who has no idea her older lover dated her Auntie T in their reckless teenage years.

Knowing he’s trouble, Terese is desperate to dispatch Vance and tries to meddle in his relationship with Roxy – but is she just trying to avoid temptation herself?

On Friday 24th May the ball-breaking businesswoman is flustered as Vance lays on the charm and reminds her of their lusty youth, leading to a flirty moment when they’re alone in the kitchen late one night…

Coleby, also known to Australian soap fans for his two-year stint as Roman Harris in Home and Away (2007-2009), spoke to RadioTimes.com about joining Neighbours and teased what’s in store for Vance and Terese.

Vance has a dodgy background and a chequered history – are his feelings for Roxy genuine?

Yes, he’s very much in love with her, but there is a big age difference. But he’s also had this previous relationship with Terese… He ruffles a lot of feathers in Erinsborough, I think he’s done his research before he arrives so he knows what he’s walking into. He knows what games to play and the buttons to push.

Is it a coincidence he is dating Roxy, the niece of his ex?

Roxy and Vance had a chance meeting through another character living in the household. I think Vance falls for Roxy because he sees so much of Terese in her, or at least the way Terese was before she became a sensible businesswoman. So it needles Terese to see Vance in a relationship with her niece who is a third of her age! He makes a point of showing Terese how much she’s changed, she used to be quite wild and Vance forces her to question whether the life she has chosen for herself with Paul is really who she is.

What’s the dynamic like between Vance and Terese now?

Vance was deeply hurt by her leaving him years ago, and he has a grudge. His love for Roxy is real, but Terese is one of those people he will never not love. He was deeply wounded by the way she left and he has come to annoy her!

Would Vance fight Paul for Terese?
    He definitely has a bit of a crack at Paul and tries to annoy him. In Vance’s mind he thinks Terese has chosen the safe option – Vance has a very healthy ego about himself!
    Is Vance on a mission to win Terese back?
    I don’t think he’s too sure himself. He comes to Erinsborough to make a new start with Roxy and to kind of irritate Terese by dating this younger version of her. But that starts to change, he does actually miss her which is why he plays all these childish games.

How does working on Neighbours compare to Home and Away?

I’ve experienced the fast pace of serial TV before, but Home and Away was probably 20% slower paced than Neighbours although it was still high pressured. These shows are great training grounds because you’ve got to be prepared and do your homework if you want to shine, that’s why it creates these fantastic actors who go onto have great careers. Once you’ve mastered the pace of a show like Neighbours you can walk onto a film set and will probably be able to do it standing on your head.

Was it nice to reunite with fellow Summer Bay alumni Jodi Anasta (Elly)?

Yes, she played Martha – it was great to catch-up with her again on the Neighbours set. I hadn’t seen her for years so it was nice to catch up on everything that’s been happening in our lives.

Radiotimes.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-05-2019)

Thread Information