Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassie ( Claire Sweeney )

Cassie ( Claire Sweeney )

Claire Sweeney is to join the cast of Coronation Street as the mother of Weatherfield mechanic Tyrone Dobbs.

Tyrone has been told by his grandmother Evelyn that her daughter and his biological mother Cassie is dead.

So when Cassie turns up on the cobbles out of the blue in June, Evelyn is faced with a real dilemma as she has to decide whether to come clean to Tyrone about her lies.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...worn-out-exit/

Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman has admitted she is worn out by Evelyn Plummer?s emotional exit story.

It was announced earlier this year that the actress would be taking a short break from the soap, with the drama set to intensify following the arrival of Cassie, the biological mother of Tyrone Dobbs.

With Evelyn telling Tyrone that Cassie had passed away, her arrival next month will understandably cause a major shock in Weatherfield, with the developments having huge ramifications for Evelyn.

Appearing on Loose Women yesterday (May 12), Lipman teased the temporary exit for her character, saying: ?They?ve really put me through it the last few weeks. I?ve had seven scenes to learn a day.

?The last shot [from] last night, I literally laid on the floor and said: ?I can?t go on,?? she added, before a photo of Lipman on the floor was shown to the panel and audience.

With Lipman temporarily leaving the village, former Brookside star Claire Sweeney will set foot on the cobbled streets as Cassie next month, and the actress expressed her delight at being cast on the ITV soap.

?Even though I?ve been lucky enough to have enjoyed an amazingly varied career for nearly 40 years, being cast in Coronation Street is, to me, better than being cast in a Hollywood movie,? she said. ?I?ve watched it all my life and can?t quite believe that I?ll now be stepping onto those famous cobbles myself.

?I was beyond thrilled and very grateful when I got the call that Iain MacLeod is trusting me to play Tyrone's mum and work alongside one of my heroes, Dame Maureen Lipman,? she added. ?Cassie is a character who is definitely going to make an impact. I just hope the audience will enjoy watching her as much as I'm going to enjoy playing her.?

Claire Sweeney is a very good actress and singer but for some reason I cannot imagine her as a former drug addict but we shall see.

her description as into drugs and look image, very like abi

I like Claire Sweeney as an actress but somehow I think she is miscast for this role.... will have to wait and see..

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...r-return-date/

Coronation Street star Claire Sweeney has confirmed when the story between Evelyn and Cassie Plummer will be revisited.

The pair exited Weatherfield last month as Evelyn sought to help her daughter achieve sobriety, but the departures were only temporary whilst Dame Maureen Lipman appeared on the stage as part of a month-long hiatus.

Appearing on Lorraine, Sweeney assured fans that both her and Lipman will be back on the ITV soap sooner rather than later, revealing the exact date of their return.

?I'm back on August 16th on screen and I'm back in the thick of filming,? she said, before praising her co-stars. ?Working with the wonderful Alan Halsall [Tyrone Dobbs]. He?s so good, and Maureen, and Sally Carman [Abi Franklin] as well, I love it.?

Sweeney, who found fame as Lindsey Corkhill in Brookside, joined Coronation Street at the end of last month, with the character attempting to form a relationship with her estranged son, Tyrone.

Elsewhere on the soap, Stephen Reid?s deadly games could soon be ending after his plan to murder Elaine Jones was left in tatters. Actress Paula Wilcox, who plays Elaine, recently teased the upcoming developments and what they will entail for her character.

This content is imported from twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Related: Coronation Street spoilers ? who is the father of Sarah's baby?

?Elaine is starting to see a little bit of the unpleasant side of Stephen ? and I think she's starting to stand up for herself a bit,? she said. ?Elaine is very sceptical. Actually at this point she really is starting to think: 'Is this really going anywhere or is he a complete time waster?'

?Elaine thinks that Stephen is a liar, he's a cheat, and he does it so well. Her reaction is horror, shock and deep, deep sadness. She goes into a tailspin at that point and from then on, she really is seeing the light. It's really a moment like that,? she added.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-07-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...rugs-overdose/

Coronation Street's Cassie Plummer suffers a shock overdose next week as she struggles to kick her drug habit.

Tyrone Dobbs' world has been rocked in recent weeks by the discovery that his birth mother, Cassie, is still alive. Evelyn Plummer had led Tyrone to believe that his mum was dead as she didn't think Cassie was fit to be involved in the Dobbs family's lives due to her drug habit.

While Tyrone is determined to support Cassie's recovery, Evelyn remains unconvinced that Cassie will be able to turn her life around.

Next week, Cassie arrives for her first day of work at the garage, having been secured a job by Tyrone. Although things start off well, Cassie's day takes a sinister turn when her drug dealer, Dean, rocks up and demands the money that Cassie owes him.

Cassie manages to get rid of the unwelcome visitor, but Abi Webster's suspicions are piqued when she recognises Dean from her own history with drug addiction.

When Cassie refuses to join her for lunch, Abi fears the worst and returns to the garage just in time to see Cassie stealing from the petty cash.

Later in the week, Cassie offers to go into town and pick up a gift for Ruby while Tyrone puts together the finishing touches for the youngster's party. Tyrone reluctantly gives Cassie ?80, but his faith is misplaced as she immediately uses it to buy pills from Dean.

With Ruby's party in full swing, Tyrone is concerned that Cassie hasn't appeared. When Michael Bailey reveals that he recently saw Cassie having a violent encounter with a dodgy man, Abi confesses that the man in question is a dealer and that she caught Cassie red-handed stealing money.

The news stuns Tyrone, who leads the search for Cassie and is horrified when Hope finds her slumped on the pavement, having suffered an overdose.

Cassie pulls through and the incident leads Abi to suggest that Cassie join her at the support group. Tyrone joins Cassie for support and when she spins the tale that Evelyn kicked her out, forcing her to turn to prostitution and drugs, Tyrone believes her lies.

Furious, Tyrone decides to confront Evelyn. Will Cassie admit the truth?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ifferent-side/

Coronation Street's Claire Sweeney has teased that we'll see a different side to her character Cassie Plummer in the future.

Tyrone Dobbs' long-lost mother has been involved in some pretty serious stories since she was introduced to the soap, but it looks like she'll be involved in some softer and lighter scenes for a bit of a change.

This week will see her try and act as matchmaker between Roy Cropper and her mother Evelyn, and although it might not end well, her heart is in the right place.

"I think Cassie just wants a quiet life and she has desires for Evelyn and Roy to get together," Sweeney told Inside Soap magazine. "She thinks it would be lovely to see her mum happy. This is a softer side to Cassie ? but from what I'm seeing the writers doing, Cassie starts off with good intentions and every time it goes horrendously wrong! She comes out of it terribly..."

There's also the confirmed storyline with a puppy farm involving Evelyn and Cassie, and it looks like it's going to be a real bonding moment for mother and daughter, even if it was a bit rough to film.

"Filming with these little puppies was gorgeous, although I had to take antihistamines because I'm allergic to dogs," Sweeney explained.

"Dog lovers will know Evelyn and Cassie are doing the right thing, and I think they're united here, doing something good together. It's lovely to see that. They do argue, but there's a look in their eyes where they love each other...

I cannot take to the character

I really cannot take to Cassie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (31-12-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...return-cassie/

Coronation Street will offer an update on Fiz and Tyrone in upcoming scenes.

The couple have both been missing in action recently, while Tyrone's mum Cassie Plummer and nan Evelyn Plummer have been dealing with the fallout of their feud with dodgy dog breeder Terry Fensley.

In upcoming scenes, the Plummers find out that Fiz and Tyrone will be returning to Weatherfield very soon. Cassie and Evelyn decide to clean the house so everything's nice for Fiz and Tyrone, yet Cassie has concerns about what she's been doing since her son went away.

Cassie tries to cover her tracks at the garage by asking Kevin Webster not to mention to Tyrone that she has been using her son's car while he's been gone.

However, Cassie may have to come clean to Tyrone when Kevin points out that she's just put petrol in the tank, even though the car runs on diesel.

These scenes will be airing on Friday, March 1 on ITV1.

Fiz has been off-screen since last year due to actress Jennie McAlpine taking maternity leave for the arrival of her third child with husband Chris Farr last April.

Jennie returned to filming in January, shortly after co-star Alan Halsall got back to work on the cobbles following a brief hiatus due to a medical procedure.

Alan has since shared a photo with Jennie, Claire Sweeney and Maureen Lipman, along with their on-screen kids, to celebrate the family being back together.

"No. 9. Family is the heart of the home. So happy to be together again and back to work," Alan wrote on Instagram.
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-02-2024 at 09:47.

is cassie's father, ty's father? or one of his dirty old pervy friends

Thread Information