Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damon ( Ciaran Griffiths )

Damon ( Ciaran Griffiths )

Ciaran Griffiths joins again as Jacob's dad Damon this time

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...hay-dad-damon/

Shameless's Ciaran Griffiths is joining Coronation Street to play Jacob Hay's dad Damon.

The soap has confirmed that Jacob and Amy Barlow can expect big trouble when Damon turns up on the cobbles to reconcile with his son.

Jacob has been determined to straighten out his life now that he's with Amy, but his dad brings dark secrets that could threaten his happy life living with Amy, Summer and Aaron.

Damon finds that his son wants nothing to do with him, but quickly sees a situation where he can thrive by getting involved in Nick and Leanne's dire financial situation with the Bistro.

"I'm happy to be back in Manchester to see my family and friends after being away in Australia for the last three years. The city has changed so much," Griffiths said.

"And what better way to tie it in with a stint on the Cobbles. I watched Corrie as a kid and it's great to be back with some old friends both cast and crew. I'm loving having the opportunity to work with some quality Northern actors whose work I have long admired, particularly on such a complex character like Damon."

Griffiths will be making his first appearance in Coronation Street from December, as the soap transitions into its winter storylines. He has previously appeared in EastEnders and Casualty, in addition to an unconnected Coronation Street guest stint in 2000.

"Having Ciaran on board is so exciting and especially because the character he is playing is so interesting," Coronation Street producer Iain MacLeod said.

"Damon is charming and likeable on the surface but we will soon see he is much more complicated than that as he goes on to have an explosive impact, both in Jacob's life and beyond."

Elle Mulvaney and Jack James Ryan have already hinted to Digital Spy that it will be a "dramatic" Christmas for Amy and Jacob this year.

"It's got a good mix of the happy and nice stuff, that makes your heart feel full. But at the same time, there's always going to be drama because it's Christmas! Expect the unexpected," Elle told us.

Heard on the grapevine that Damon is supposed to be Harvey's brother.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorneliusBlanc For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-11-2022), Perdita (21-11-2022)

another nephew of sharon, bring her back

romance with leanne or tracy or jenny?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    romance with leanne or tracy or jenny?
    Or all three. Plus Carla.

another nephew of sharon, bring her back
    Ian McCloud has hinted that both Sharon and Harvey might be back...

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Or all three. Plus Carla.
    Carla apparently gets swept off her feet by Stephen who plunders the business accounts because of it....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (09-01-2023)

his romance could be an affair with sarah

his romance could be an affair with sarah
    Yes, been confirmed now... I wonder why Sarah would cheat on Adam if she does... silly me, it is a soap, so that is what they do...

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...n-sarah-story/

Coronation Street has named Sarah Barlow as Damon Hay's surprising new love interest.
    Show bosses had been teasing an upcoming romantic storyline for Damon, who's returning to screens following his recent arrest for drug dealing.
    In next week's episodes, Damon visits Nick Tilsley at the Bistro and boasts about how he has hired Adam Barlow as his solicitor.
    Nick is livid over the lack of family loyalty from his brother-in-law, so he confronts Adam over his betrayal.
    Sarah is also unhappy over her husband's decision, so she announces that she's heading off to the hotel he'd booked for their date night alone.
    The only problem is that Sarah has never met Damon, so when he's also at the hotel by chance, there's an unfortunate turn of events.
    Damon orders a drink in the hotel bar and Sarah sits next to him, clearly liking what she sees.
    Sarah is charmed by Damon as he chats her up, and she admits that she's had a row with her husband.
    Soon afterwards, Sarah invites Damon up to her room for a drink.
    Speaking about the storyline, Tina O'Brien ? who plays Sarah ? explained: "I think there probably is an attraction there. It's that freedom that Damon doesn't know anything about her life. She can put all her life stress to the side and just have a bit of a meaningless flirt at the bar, basically."
    Asked whether Sarah plans for it to go further than that, Tina replied: "No, definitely not. She does invite him up to her room after a few drinks, but I think she's just got caught up in the moment.
    "He also does goad her a little bit, reminding her that she said she was an independent woman who can make her own mind up. For a minute she just thinks 'screw you Adam', because he has said a few mean things to her in The Rovers.
    "So she invites Damon up, but I think once she gets him up there, reality kicks in and she realises this is a bad idea. It's then a matter of whether she'll back away from the situation before more damage is done."
    Tina added that Sarah will be horrified when she finds out that Damon is the guy who has been causing so much trouble for her brother Nick.
    She confirmed: "Oh, she's gonna feel sick. I mean, like, literally feel sick to her stomach. It's all kinds of messy and complicated. Obviously, what she did was wrong to begin with, and she probably feels really guilty anyway. But the last thing she needed was the complication of it being Damon.
    "Sarah is quite happy in her marriage. This definitely isn't something she's looking for. She's well aware it's all kinds of wrong."

Thread Information