Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Harlow Robinson. (Jemma Donovan)

DS article:

Neighbours star Jemma Donovan responds to Harlow Robinson's exit
    Harlow left for London last month.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...robinson-exit/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours star Jemma Donovan has spoken about her exit from the soap and saying goodbye to character Harlow Robinson.

UK viewers saw Harlow leave Ramsay Street last month after a dramatic storyline involving schemer Corey Smythe-Jones.

Following Corey's arrest, Harlow was able to get the answers from him she had been looking for, thus closing the disturbing chapter of her life.

She then decided to take her aunt up on an offer to come live with her in London for good.

Speaking on the soap's official Twitter account following her exit, Jemma said both her and Harlow had 'grown massively' since she made her Neighbours debut in 2019.

"I think it's easy to grow with your character in an environment like this, just because you kind of do it parallel with each other," Jemma said.

"Me personally, I feel like I've just grown as an actor. The great thing about a soap is you get to be put into so many different storylines that you kind of would never in a series or a movie.

https://twitter.com/neighbours/statu...binson-exit%2F

"So I feel like I've grown in confidence because I've been put in so many different scenarios. Harlow, I can just remember when she first rocked up in Erinsborough and I think she's grown up beautifully as well," she continued.

"She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to stand up for what she wants, even more so than she did when she first came on the show."

Jemma went on to thank the soap's fans, ahead of its final-ever episode airing later this month.

"I just want to say thank you to everyone for watching everyday," Jemma said. "This show has been an incredible platform for me and for everyone else and it's been an honour to be a part of it. I'm gonna get emotional. It's been the most amazing experience for not just for me acting-wise but it just as a person.

"And just being able to introduce Harlow to to your screens and for you guys to get to love and support her like I do and I'm going to miss playing her a lot. So thank you."

Neighbours airs its last-ever episode on Friday, July 29 in the UK and it will feature Jemma's real-life dad Jason Donovan returning to Ramsay Street as Scott Robinson alongside Kylie Minogue as Charlene Mitchell.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-07-2022)

DS article - Jemma Donovan to join Hollyoaks:

Hollyoaks casts Neighbours star Jemma Donovan for exciting new character group
    From Ramsay Street to Chester.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...an-neighbours/

Hollyoaks spoilers follow.

Former Neighbours star Jemma Donovan is heading to Hollyoaks as a new regular cast member.

The actress has landed the role of Rayne, who'll make her first appearance on the Channel 4 soap later this year.

Billed as an outgoing party girl, Rayne already has a celebrity status as she's well-known as a social media sensation.

She'll be moving to the village alongside her childhood best friend, who's another new character for the show.

Jemma commented: "I am thrilled to be joining the cast of Hollyoaks! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be able to bring something unique and fun to a new role and I can't wait to be a part of the Hollyoaks family."

Digital Spy can reveal that Hollyoaks bosses have brought in Rayne as part of an exciting new character group who'll be taking centre stage on the show next year.

The soap's team are putting a group of 20-somethings under one roof in a share house, reminiscent of student set-ups which used to feature prominently in Hollyoaks.

Rayne, Prince McQueen, Romeo Nightingale and Nadira Valli will be among the characters living together, with strict Tom Cunningham as their landlord, creating exciting new dynamics and storyline possibilities.

A Hollyoaks insider told Digital Spy: "The new house of 20-somethings will be a throwback to the early years of the show, when batches of new students would arrive at Hollyoaks Community College and live in student halls together.

"Fans have often called for a return of this element in the past few years and the new group will have some huge storylines as the soap heads into 2023."

When Digital Spy asked about the student storylines earlier this year, Hollyoaks' executive producer Lucy Allan replied: "It's funny that you should ask! Whilst we may not go back to a student halls set-up, we'll be looking at a situation of 'friends as family' and house shares. That's definitely on the agenda for 2022."

Jemma is best known for playing Harlow Robinson on Neighbours from 2019. She made her last appearance on the show in July this year, bowing out shortly before the historic finale episode which brought Neighbours to a close.

In real life, Jemma's dad is Neighbours legend Jason Donovan, who reprised his iconic role as Scott Robinson for the finale this year.

Hollyoaks streams first on All 4, with new episodes dropping each weekday morning. The show airs Mondays to Fridays at 6.30pm on Channel 4, and at 7pm on E4.

And:

Neighbours star Jemma Donovan joins Hollyoaks as mysterious newcomer Rayne

https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/12/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-10-2022)

Thread Information