Thread: Aiesha (Shila Iqbal)

Exclamation Aiesha (Shila Iqbal)

Emmerdale has promoted Shila Iqbal as a show regular in her role of Manpreet Jutla's daughter Aiesha.

The character first appeared on the ITV soap last year, and returns to the village tonight (March 26) to make a big announcement.

While we knew she'd be back, the channel has now confirmed that Aiesha will be joining the main cast of the show.

"I am over the moon to be back at Emmerdale as a regular," Shila said. "My family love Emmerdale and to be appearing in a show that you've grown up watching just feels like a dream! I'm really grateful to the producers for bringing me back!

"Everyone has been lovely, especially my on-screen family, who have just been so welcoming and have really made me feel at home. I have to be careful not to call cast members by their character names though!"

Explaining her character's return, she continued: "Aiesha has been living it large in London, living a glamorous life with various boyfriends. Only her current boyfriend couldn't quite cope with her princess demands, so she comes back crying to mummy – being the mummy's girl she is!

"With nowhere to stay and needing some TLC, she barges her way into the Sharmas' residence. Aiesha definitely makes herself at home!"

Shila added of what we can expect going forward: "A lot of fun, laughter, and of course it wouldn't be Aiesha without her melodramatic tears. I think Aiesha is definitely a naturally comical character, but at the same time there's something quite endearing about her!

"Aiesha very much represents the new generation of social media fascination and her phone is her third hand. She is always camera ready! She speaks her mind, although it comes from a ditzy but good place for sure.

"I think although certain locals may be annoyed by her initially, they soon begin to realise her effervescent personality is just Aiesha being Aiesha!"

Digital Spy

im still unsure manpreet is really in love with rishi, she needs a home and money, is she even still an employed doctor?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Her character was pretty annoying to be fair....

influencer in ibiza is that what her mammy said?

Thread Information