Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgie Stone - MacKenzie

Does Shane know her father?

Digital Spy artricle:

Neighbours transphobia sparks a school protest as Mackenzie's storyline continues
    The teens stand up against prejudice in moving scenes.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...chool-protest/

Neighbours newcomer Mackenzie Hargreaves receives a strong show of support from her schoolmates next week after experiencing transphobia at Erinsborough High.

When the pupils find out that Mackenzie (Georgie Stone) is transgender, trouble brews as some of them report back to their parents.

Prejudiced Angela Lane soon joins forces with a group of other angry parents to complain about Mackenzie using the girls' bathroom and changing rooms.

School principal Susan Kennedy (Jackie Woodburne) tries to deal with the situation, but some of the kids are influenced by the escalating tensions and start targeting Mackenzie too.

Yashvi Rebecchi (Olivia Junkeer) is shocked to find abusive graffiti on the girls' toilets, which is directed at Mackenzie. Mackenzie also receives a threatening note, warning her not to use the girls' bathrooms again.

Mark Brennan is brought on board to investigate the hateful behaviour, but Susan remains concerned for Mackenzie's safety and asks her to use the disabled toilets until the culprit is found.

Yashvi's dad Shane (Nicholas Coghlan), who is protective of Mackenzie, is furious when he finds out how Susan has handled the situation – believing she's condoning the abuse by encouraging the teen to use another bathroom.

Yashvi is also unhappy with the school's policy and decides to protest by only using the disabled toilets in a show of solidarity.

A number of other students feel the same way, queueing up at the disabled toilets to show their support for Mackenzie after the abuse she has faced.

Everyone is shocked when troublemaker Richie joins the line too, taking a more mature approach than anyone would have expected.

However, when mean boy Ollie remains opposed to Mackenzie's presence, it's clear that a small minority of the pupils aren't so understanding.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 17 and Wednesday, September 18 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (10-09-2019), Ruffed_lemur (09-09-2019)

Love how Neighbours is so socially progressive. The more trans characters we see on TV the more they will be socially accepted and eventually it won't matter if you're straight gay trans or whatever

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (09-09-2019), lellygurl (09-09-2019), Pantherboy (09-09-2019), Ruffed_lemur (09-09-2019)

Neighbours to explore transphobia as Mackenzie Hargreaves' past is revealed
    Can Yashvi and Mackenzie make up?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...shvi-rebecchi/

It comes after Yashvi remarks that her new friend Mackenzie "used to be a boy", unaware that this is a false and deeply offensive thing to say.

The drama begins when Yashvi and Mackenzie become friends and Mackenzie starts to open up about trans issues, only for someone to overhear them talking.

After mistakenly believing Harlow was the person to overhear them, the girls soon identify school bully Richie as the eavesdropper.

Looking to defend her friend, Yashvi confronts Richie, warning him to keep his mouth shut and yelling that he shouldn't care if Mackenzie "used to be a boy".

Their argument quickly attracts an audience of students and Mackenzie is horrified – not only because Yashvi has outed her, but also because she has proven she doesn't get who Mackenzie is at all.
    So this bit was yesterday. I thought it was really badly written.

The reveal with Dipi and Shane was good, Yashvi looked like she understood it all and would be supportive. Then the scenes with Harlow were also fine. But then Yashvi goes against everything they had discussed earlier in the episode and for a few days before. Possibly far better if someone else had outed her because they wouldn't be aware of Mackenzie's express wishes and past bullying problems. Perhaps even Yashvi's younger sister who didn't listen to the whole thing at home and isn't aware of the bigger issue. Then rumour spreads in their year, through school and to Richie that way. Makes Yashvi look stupid and selfish.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (12-09-2019), lizann (14-09-2019)

Yashvi really annoys me, and talks first then thinks. I think that's what has happened in this situation. She's very passionate and loyal.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lellygurl For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (14-09-2019), lizann (14-09-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours shock for Mackenzie Hargreaves as Shane Rebecchi makes huge confession
    Can she ever forgive him?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...hi-confession/

Neighbours teen Mackenzie Hargreaves is left distraught next week as Shane Rebecchi makes a guilty confession about the past.

Mackenzie (Georgie Stone) can't believe what she's hearing as Shane admits that he's partly to blame for one of the most upsetting days of her life.

The pair's ongoing storyline has seen Shane (Nicholas Coghlan) loyally support Mackenzie as she tries to track down her father Grant.

Upcoming scenes also see Shane jump to Mackenzie's defence as she faces transphobia at Erinsborough High, but it seems that he may be overcompensating for his own past mistakes.

When Shane gets a strong lead on where Grant may be, Mackenzie fears that she's setting herself up for a fall by reaching out to the father who once rejected her.

Mackenzie opens up to Shane about how Grant once burned all of her feminine belongings, unable to accept her for who she is.

This revelation leaves Shane deeply shaken, as he realises that Grant's act of cruelty directly stemmed from some bad advice that he'd given at the time.

When Shane confides in his wife Dipi (Sharon Johal), she's sympathetic but advises that it's best to tell Mackenzie the truth before she hears it from anyone else.

Bracing himself, Shane meets up with Mackenzie at Lassiters Lake and confesses his involvement.

Mackenzie is shattered to learn that Shane – now her greatest defender – played a crucial role in such an upsetting moment, which ultimately destroyed her family. Can she ever forgive him for this?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, September 27 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-09-2019 at 01:23.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (16-09-2019), Ruffed_lemur (18-09-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours hints at possible romance for newcomer Mackenzie Hargreaves
    Mackenzie and Hendrix get close.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...eaves-romance/

Neighbours could be seeing a romance for Mackenzie Hargreaves, as she and Hendrix Greyson kiss.

In scenes airing next week, Mackenzie (Georgie Stone) continues trying to track down her father Grant with Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan), which makes Yashvi Rebecchi (Olivia Junkeer) feel excluded.

Later, Mackenzie and Hendrix (Benny Turland) meet and flirt at Sheila Canning's (Colette Mann) birthday party.

Mackenzie's anxiety then leads her to abruptly leave the party, and afterwards, Mackenzie tells Shane that she finds it difficult to know when to tell potential romantic partners that she is transgender.

Mackenzie eventually tells Hendrix that she is transgender, and although Hendrix is initially surprised, he says that nothing changes and he still thinks Mackenzie is the most attractive girl at the party.

The pair continue to spend time together, and Mackenzie soon leans in for a kiss.

Earlier this month, Neighbours announced a spin-off series centred on Erinsborough High and commissioned by Channel 5.

Mackenzie will feature in the five-part series, as well as Hendrix, Yashvi, and Lachlan Millar (Richie Amblin).

The spin-off will launch in November and the storyline "will run in parallel" to the soap.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (18-09-2019), Ruffed_lemur (18-09-2019)

im not a hendrix fan but when did mac think he was her boyfriend exclusively

Herald Sun article. Georgie Stone has now signed as a permanent Neighbours cast member:

Georgie Stone transforms into permanent Neighbours role
    Actor Georgie Stone spent three months on Neighbours this year as transgender school girl Mackenize Hargreaves. Now the future looks bright for the young star.

Groundbreaking transgender actor and activist Georgie Stone has been signed by Neighbours as a permanent cast member.

Stone spent three months on the show this year as transgender school student Mackenize Hargreaves, a character that struck a chord with viewers.

“A mum messaged my mum about how her daughter was camping with a friend and while on that trip told her she was trans,” Stone said.

“And her friend said, ‘It is OK, I absolutely accept you, I have been watching Neighbours’.

“Hearing that made me so emotional and made me realise that story we told was getting across to people and making an impact.”

Stone has now signed a new deal with the show that will make her a full-time character. She starts filming in January.

Stone, 19, said she was thrilled to stay with the show.

“I would like to stay for as long as I feel there are more stories to tell for Mackenzie,’’ she said.

Stone pitched the idea of Neighbours introducing a transgender character played by her to producers in March 2018. She will continue to provide insight to producers on the trans experience so Mackenzie’s character can be authentic and evolve.

“What we wanted to do from the start and will get the opportunity to do now is really just look at who she is absolutely outside of her being trans,” Stone said.

“She is who she is as a person, but anything to do with her trans experience they will check with me to make sure it rings true.”

Herald Sun

and from Digital Spy

Neighbours promotes Georgie Stone to show regular after fan praise for transgender storyline
    "To go back and continue her story is a dream come true."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-show-regular/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 19-10-2019 at 23:12.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (19-10-2019), Ruffed_lemur (19-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Herald Sun article. Georgie Stone has now signed as a permanent Neighbours cast member:

Georgie Stone transforms into permanent Neighbours role
    Actor Georgie Stone spent three months on Neighbours this year as transgender school girl Mackenize Hargreaves. Now the future looks bright for the young star.

Groundbreaking transgender actor and activist Georgie Stone has been signed by Neighbours as a permanent cast member.

Stone spent three months on the show this year as transgender school student Mackenize Hargreaves, a character that struck a chord with viewers.

“A mum messaged my mum about how her daughter was camping with a friend and while on that trip told her she was trans,” Stone said.

“And her friend said, ‘It is OK, I absolutely accept you, I have been watching Neighbours’.

“Hearing that made me so emotional and made me realise that story we told was getting across to people and making an impact.”

Stone has now signed a new deal with the show that will make her a full-time character. She starts filming in January.

Stone, 19, said she was thrilled to stay with the show.

“I would like to stay for as long as I feel there are more stories to tell for Mackenzie,’’ she said.

Stone pitched the idea of Neighbours introducing a transgender character played by her to producers in March 2018. She will continue to provide insight to producers on the trans experience so Mackenzie’s character can be authentic and evolve.

“What we wanted to do from the start and will get the opportunity to do now is really just look at who she is absolutely outside of her being trans,” Stone said.

“She is who she is as a person, but anything to do with her trans experience they will check with me to make sure it rings true.”

Herald Sun
    Really pleased about this news! Mackenzie is a great character.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (19-10-2019)

Thread Information