Thread: Des

Des

ITV has released the trailer and six first look images from their upcoming David Tennant fronted miniseries Des, which is set to premiere next month.

Des tells the story of Dennis Nilsen, who murdered boys and young men in his flat from 1978 to 1983. He was undetected for five years, and it was only when DCI Peter Jay was called to 23 Cranley Gardens on 9 February, 1983, to investigate human fragments of flesh and bone clogging the drains, that the police realised they had a serial killer on their hands. It is told through the prism of three men ? Dennis Nilsen, Detective Chief Inspector Peter Jay and biographer Brian Masters. It will explore how a man like Nilsen was able to prey on the young and vulnerable in 1980s Britain and will not only highlight the police investigation and trial but also the effect of the media coverage on public perceptions of the victims at the time, raising questions of just how far have we really come since then?

The three-part drama, which is based on material from the book Killing For Company by Brian Masters and was developed by Luke Neal and Lewis Arnold, is produced by New Pictures in association with All3Media International and stars David Tennant, Daniel Mays, Jason Watkins, Ron Cook, Faye McKeever, Chanel Cresswell, Barry Ward, Tony Way, Bronagh Waugh, Laurie Kynaston, Ross Anderson, Ben Bailey Smith, Jay Simpson, Silas Carson, Stuart McQuarrie, Jamie Parker, Lex Shrapnel, Gerard Horan, Joel Morris, Jonathan Coy, Amy Booth-Steel, Ken Bones, Andrew Woodall and Amaka Okafor. David Meanti is the series producer, while Lewis Arnold is the director.

https://youtu.be/FvWaTtE7rpk

TV Wise

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/wp-content/...1-683x1024.jpg
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-08-2020 at 00:18.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-09-2020), parkerman (26-08-2020), Perdita (26-08-2020)

Back in the day when Des Nilsen was in the midst of his killing spree I got to know him quite well as we were both active in our Trade Union, the CPSA.

The one memory of him that stands out to me came in 1981 when we were holding a meeting of representatives of Central London branches to discuss what action we could take in furtherance of our pay claim that year. Des's contribution to the meeting was to say, "I'll volunteer to go and kill Margaret Thatcher." Naturally we all thought this was a big joke. Little did we know...
    Last edited by parkerman; 26-08-2020 at 01:24.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-09-2020), Perdita (26-08-2020), Siobhan (16-09-2020), tammyy2j (01-09-2020)

starts monday on itv

Des will premiere on ITV on Monday, September 14th at 9pm. There are three episodes in the miniseries, which will conclude on Wednesday, September 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Back in the day when Des Nilsen was in the midst of his killing spree I got to know him quite well as we were both active in our Trade Union, the CPSA. The one memory of him that stands out to me came in 1981 when we were holding a meeting of representatives of Central London branches to discuss what action we could take in furtherance of our pay claim that year. Des's contribution to the meeting was to say, "I'll volunteer to go and kill Margaret Thatcher." Naturally we all thought this was a big joke. Little did we know...
    Fecking.. that's something to tell the grand kids alright. Did he come across weird or anything??
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Des will premiere on ITV on Monday, September 14th at 9pm. There are three episodes in the miniseries, which will conclude on Wednesday, September 16th.
    Been reading some of the reviews, will definitely be something I will watch when it is on Youtube as don't have access to english channels.
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Fecking.. that's something to tell the grand kids alright. Did he come across weird or anything??
    Not really, no.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (23-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Been reading some of the reviews, will definitely be something I will watch when it is on Youtube as don't have access to english channels.
    I've seen the first two, it is well worth watching and well done. The only thing I am disappointed in is that I haven't been mentioned yet!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I've seen the first two, it is well worth watching and well done. The only thing I am disappointed in is that I haven't been mentioned yet!
    Complain!!! Not right for you not to get a mention!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (17-09-2020), Siobhan (23-09-2020)

Thread Information