Thread: Shahid Shirani (Alex Williams)

Exclamation Shahid Shirani (Alex Williams)

Hollyoaks will introduce new character Shahid Shirani as part of the latest twist in Ste Hay's far-right story.

Actor Alex Williams has been cast in the role of Shahid, who will make his first appearance in the show's special far-right episode later this month.

As Ste gets drawn into a dangerous crowd, Shahid will find himself on the wrong side of Jonny, Stuart and their far-right gang when he meets them in the pub.

When Shahid innocently asks the gang to move their car, he will be subjected to a violent and unprovoked attack later in the car park.

Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson) will be with the group at the time but isn’t witness to the racially-motivated assault afterwards.

As the story progresses, Shahid will return to the village a month later, where he comes face to face with Jonny again.

Speaking about his new role, Alex said: “I’m really excited to be joining Hollyoaks, especially for such an important storyline, which I’m personally really keen to tell.

“Cast and crew have welcomed me into the Hollyoaks family and working alongside Kieron and Ray has been great because there has been a strong togetherness between us, which really helped with my hard-hitting first scenes.

“I can’t wait to work with them and more of the cast as the storyline progresses.”

This marks Alex's third TV role, with his previous credits including Netflix series The Innocents and a guest role in CBBC’s So Awkward.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-03-2019 at 17:29.

Thread Information