Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alina (Ruxandra Porojnicu)

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    I was really hoping that Jan would turn out to be the hero of this story, perhaps as a former gang member who was now trying to bring down this gang from within and Paula was his contact on the legal side of things. It just seems very disappointing that Eileen is in a relationship with another "baddie" and that Seb can't have a nice, normal relationship after all he's been through. Also, it creates a very negative perception of Eastern Europeans, in a society where the majority are just trying to get on with their lives.
    Couldn't agree more, emerald, especially the pandering to the extreme right by introducing the only Eastern European characters we've had on the Street, only to have them involved with trafficking and slavery.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-07-2019)

Coronation Street's hard-hitting modern slavery storyline, centring around young nail bar worker Alina Pop, comes to a head this week as Alina's love interest Seb Franklin (Harry Visinoni) makes a bid to save her – and is violently attacked.

Now actress Ruxandra Porojnicu, who plays Alina, has called on the UK Government to do more to educate people about their rights, and help to prevent modern slavery.

"This was such an important story to tell and the response has been amazing," she told The Daily Star.

"I've had so many messages from people who had no idea that it was happening here. Hopefully people are going to make sure that they know their rights before they travel to another country," she added.

"But I think the Government has the most important part to play in this. They need to make greater communications for people coming here, so that they know their rights.

"It's so easy for people from poor countries to be manipulated because all they want to do is put food on the table. It makes them so vulnerable."

Speaking about filming the scenes, Ruxandra explained that the storyline really affected her, adding: "I read a lot of stories from people who have been through what Alina has.

"I kept thinking what it must have been like for them. It really affected me emotionally and I felt it with all my body."

Seb recently discovered the truth about Alina's situation when he snuck into the back of the nail salon and found her living there, realising that she was a victim of human trafficking.

He isn't the only person on the cobbles who's grown suspicious either as Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) visits the salon this week suspecting that her partner Jan Lozinski (Piotr Baumann) is up to no good.

While there, Eileen is horrified to find herself witnessing an explosive fight between Jan Lozinski, Rachel Healy and dangerous Nikolai at the salon, who were planning on doing a runner after being exposed by Seb, but fortunately police officers soon storm into the business and arrest the wrongdoers.

In the aftermath, Alina gets the help that she needs from the Salvation Army and returns to the cobbles to update Seb on what had happened, before leaving to go to a safe house with the other girls.

Will Seb ever see Alina again?

Digital Spy

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (04-08-2019), Ruffed_lemur (08-08-2019), tammyy2j (08-08-2019)

Will Seb go with her?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Will Seb go with her?
    I doubt it, not seen anything about him leaving .. not even his manbun

She has been confirmed as returning

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...dra-porojnicu/

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She has been confirmed as returning

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...dra-porojnicu/
    No!!!

is there more of her return?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is there more of her return?
    Yes, she will be back

The actress who plays Alina has confirmed that she will be back on Monday 10th Feb. Alina will be attempting to start a life for herself in Weatherfield and will compete with Eileen for a job at Underworld, with Alina being offered the position, the actress also commented that someone other than Seb may catch Alina's eye (my guess is Michael).

she's a beautician would she ask claudia or audrey for work

Thread Information