Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonya's sister Jade Mitchell

Sonya's sister Jade Mitchell

Actor Gemma Pranita is the latest addition to the cast of Neighbours.
    The 24-year-old will play Jade Mitchell and arrives on Ramsay St to expose a dark secret of her on-screen sister Sonya, played by Eve Morey.
    Filming started this week with the former Bell Shakespeare Company actor's screen debut in December.

In more Neighbours news, veteran actor Jane Clifton, perhaps most well-known for her role as Margo Gaffney in drama Prisoner, will also appear on the soap - this time on the other side of the law - when she plays guest character Judge Willow.
    During filming, Clifton caught up with former Prisoner cohort turned Neighbours longtime resisdent Janet Andrewartha.
    Clifton's scenes with air in November.

DS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-09-2010)

She might be a new love interest for Lucas

Neighbours star Gemma Pranita has hinted that there are darker times ahead for her character Jade Mitchell in forthcoming storylines.

The actress, who made her debut in the role late last year, confirmed that viewers will learn more about Jade over the coming months before the personal trainer finds herself on a downward spiral.

"There will be a big secret revealed shortly," Pranita told Channel 5's Neighbours website. "She is far too proud to share it with anyone - she is like a vault, and only the audience will know her secret soon."

Discussing how things progress, she continued: "Jade goes on a bit of a self-destructive path and becomes involved with an older man, and that's all I'm going to say!"

Pranita added that she is pleased with her current storylines as she believes Jade is "constantly developing and evolving".

"We will see different shades of her personality soon, which I think will surprise viewers," she said.

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower recently told Digital Spy that Jade will "continue to be a naughty girl" in upcoming plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Discussing how things progress, she continued: "Jade goes on a bit of a self-destructive path and becomes involved with an older man, and that's all I'm going to say!"
    well, i think that just has to be Paul Robinson...
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Jade Mitchell's unresolved feelings for her housemate Kyle Canning come back to the fore on Neighbours next week as she tries to help him get his handyman business off the ground. Chatting with Lou about the launch event for 'Dial-A-Kyle', Jade innocently suggests that Kyle should make a speech in front of his potential customers - unaware that public speaking is his worst nightmare. To Kyle's horror, Lou loves the idea and threatens to withdraw his support unless he goes along with it.

When Kyle starts to experience severe anxiety as he fears public humiliation, Jade tries and fails to boost his confidence ahead of his big moment. With few options left, Jade recruits Kate Ramsay to get Kyle prepared for his speech - but the feisty personal trainer may live to regret her decision as the pair start growing closer… Here, Gemma Pranita - who plays Jade - has a quick chat with Digital Spy about next week's episodes.

We've recently seen Jade and Kyle move in together and they're currently living as friends. How does Jade feel about that?
    "I think she is struggling with the idea of that. It's one of those things where it's a blessing and a curse to have him so near, because she is very fond of him and she is still coming to terms with the feelings she has for him."

How does Jade feel when she realises that her speech idea has pushed Kyle into his worst nightmare?
    "There is an element of guilt initially, but I think she realises that it's an important step for him and something he needs to overcome. As a personal trainer, in her mind it's something you can beat and you treat it like reaching a training goal."

When Jade gets Kate involved, is it a difficult choice to bring another girl into the situation, or doesn't she feel threatened by Kate?
    "She is threatened by Kate initially and doesn't want her to get too involved in helping Kyle, but then her loyalty to her friendship with Kyle takes over. She'll do whatever it takes to help Kyle - even if it means him taking advice from Kate."

The speech actually goes well for Kyle, so how does Jade feel about that?
    "She is really happy that the speech goes well for Kyle but she is bitterly hurt that Kyle is solely thankful to Kate! She knows there's a possibility they could get together, as she knows Kyle is into Kate."

However, Kate soon has a one-night stand with Rhys, which Jade finds out about. Is she tempted to ruin Kate's chances with Kyle by telling him about it?
    "No, not really. I think she is more shocked about how ashamed Kate is of it, whereas it's very natural for Jade to have a one-night stand and move on without any guilt."

Jade and Kate have an interesting friendship, so do you think it would be a shame for them to fall out over a guy?
    "Yes. It has already happened with Brennan and fortunately all was forgiven and forgotten and everyone moved on. So it would be a shame for them to go down that track again. Also, Jade appreciated their friendship much more after the fallout with Brennan, so she wouldn't want to jeopardise that even though she has prickles of jealousy."

There seems to be a sense of Jade fighting her feelings for Kyle. Why won't she tell him how she really feels?
    "She is terrified of the outcome, whether it's a yes or a no. Jade is a commitment-phobe!"

In the long-term, do you hope Jade and Kyle can sort everything out and become a couple, or is that still a long way off?
    "There are certainly developments on that front coming soon so I can't say too much, but it isn't smooth sailing. I actually think they would be good together, they balance each other but that might be too easy…"

You've been part of the Neighbours cast for quite a while now. How's it all going?
    "I've been a part of it for nearly a year so it just feels like home! I love it."

The response to the character of Jade seems to have been really positive - you must be pleased with the reaction?
    "Yes, I'm really pleased. I'm glad the audience jumped on board with Jade considering she is such a big personality, and have been forgiving of her sometimes brash approach. I love it that viewers are up for such a strong female character."

Have you been given much room to put your own stamp on the character?
    "I think there has been a marriage between the work I've done and what the writers have created, so we have inspired each other. Jade has developed into exactly what I would like her to be."

Jade was brought into Neighbours as Sonya's sister but she's now getting her own storylines. Are you glad to be exploring her in her own right?
    "Absolutely. I'm discovering new things about Jade and I like that she is becoming very tri-dimensional, and you learn she is quite complex. For an actor, that is so much more fun to play."

Who are your favourite people to work with on set?
    "Definitely Chris Milligan and Eve Morey. Chris and I are known as the 'A-Team' on set, I can proudly say - because we're very quick and efficient! We sit opposite each other in the green room so we're very good at running our lines together so we're super prepared. And Eve because she is so much fun."

Are there any more interesting scenes coming up between Sonya and Jade, and will they continue to support each other as sisters?
    "Yes, there is Sonya's fight for the community garden and an even bigger one when Sonya thinks she is pregnant and turns to Jade for support."

Finally, fans have been intrigued by the news that Jade could have a secret. Can you give us any clues on what she's hiding?
    "Not a lot, but just to say it does involve Kyle and there is a lot to be revealed about Jade's past…"

Neighbours minx Jade Mitchell will finally open up to love interest Kyle Canning in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

Kyle (Christopher Milligan) is currently absent from Erinsborough while he cares for his sick mother, but he returns to Ramsay Street in time for Christmas and soon woos Jade with a romantic gift.

As the residents of the share house welcome Kyle back with an early Christmas lunch, Jade is stunned when he presents her with a handmade photo frame he worked on especially for her.

Gemma Pranita, who plays Jade, told TV Week: "She's very surprised that he would go to that much effort. It just makes her fall for him even more, and that's dangerous territory. But in that moment, she indulges in it and the feelings she has for him."

After kissing Kyle under the mistletoe, Jade fills him in over the secrets behind her commitment issues, explaining that she used to have a violent partner.

Pranita continued: "She's never told anyone, not even her sister Sonya. But Jade's a vault like that and, as hard as it is for her to talk about it, deep down there's an element of relief to share a part of her life with him."

Although things are beginning to look rosy for the pair, more trouble lies ahead when Kyle discovers that Jade has been having an affair with Malcolm Kennedy (Benjie McNair) - leaving viewers to wonder whether he can forgive her.

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and in January on Channel 5 in the UK.

Neighbours minx Jade Mitchell has finally confessed her love for Kyle Canning in the latest episode to air in Australia.

The personal trainer, played by Gemma Pranita, has resisted her feelings for Kyle (Christopher Milligan) for months - but came clean at last as the pair had a heated argument.

Kyle clashed with Jade after learning of her recent affair with married Malcolm Kennedy (Benjie McNair). Still hurting after Jade rejected his own advances, Kyle started ignoring his housemate.

However, Kyle was later in for another surprise as Jade told him exactly why she had pursued the relationship with Malcolm.

A tearful Jade explained: "It's because of you. It happened because I've been trying to get over you for months and nothing was working. I thought maybe if I was with someone else it might make it go away.

"But it didn't - it just made everything worse. I love you - that's what I've been trying to say. I've been in love with you for months."

To Jade's dismay, Kyle was unable to take in the news and quickly turned his back on her - prompting her to make plans to leave Ramsay Street for good.

The latest drama for Jade and Kyle played out in the first episode of Neighbours' 2011 season finale week.

Last month, it was revealed that Jade's decision to leave will spark a race against time as Kyle has a change of heart and battles to convince her to come home.

Neighbours' season finale week plays out all this week on Eleven in Australia. Fans in the UK will see the episodes on Channel 5 early next year.

Neighbours star Gemma Pranita has revealed that viewers will be introduced to Jade Mitchell's violent ex-boyfriend next year.

Fans in Australia recently saw Jade share her darkest secret with housemate Kyle Canning (Christopher Milligan), explaining that her last serious partner used to hit her.

Ever since coming out of the traumatic relationship, Jade has preferred casual flings to avoid getting hurt.

Pranita has now told The Courier-Mail that show bosses plan to delve deeper into the storyline in 2012.

She commented: "[Jade opened up] about her past and ex-boyfriend. So there's an ex from her past who's coming back next year."

Jade's relationship with Kyle is currently taking centre stage as Neighbours airs its 2011 season finale week in Australia.

Viewers will soon see Kyle face a race against time to convince Jade to come home after she decides to leave Erinsborough unexpectedly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-12-2011)

Aww....I'm looking forward to Jade and Kyle getting together.

SEXY Jade Mitchell will finally find happiness with Kyle Canning – despite her saucy affair with Malcolm Kennedy.

The brunette is hiding a number of dark secrets about past relationships.

But when Kyle realises her need for independence is driven by fear he starts to understand her more.

He promises he will never hurt her and tries to get her to open up.

A Neighbours insider said: “There is a lot more to Jade’s past than even her sister Sonya knows.

“Kyle manages to get her to open up a little but he’s still got a long way to go.

“She’s terrified of getting hurt and being let down and he is determined to get to the bottom of it all.

“Once she learns to trust him she will be happier.”

Catch it all on Channel 5 next month.

Thread Information