Thread: Billy Fletcher (Jay Kontzle)

Exclamation Billy Grant

Emmerdale could soon be introducing Jessie Grant's other son, as the show drops hints over his imminent arrival later this month.

As well as being mum to Ellis, Jessie (Sandra Marvin) also has a son called Billy who is currently serving time in jail.

Upcoming episodes see Jessie look to the future as she hopes to find a way to prove her commitment to her partner Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock).

It's Ellis (Asan N'Jie) who makes this suggestion, telling his mum that it's time she showed Marlon how much he means to her.

Ellis's idea has bigger consequences than either of them could have imagined, as he and Jessie soon start talking about a secret plan to get Marlon down the aisle at Christmas.

The pair are desperate to stop Marlon from finding out what they're up to, so they quickly change the subject and try to act natural when they hear him approaching.

Later on, Jessie is pleased when Billy calls her from prison and reveals his release date.

Could Billy be joining his family in the village soon, and might this distract Jessie from her wedding plans?

Billy was put behind bars after he and his friends viciously beat up a man and left him for dead.

Jessie has always insisted that Billy fell in with the wrong crowd and wasn't majorly involved in the attack, but Ellis sees the situation very differently and is frustrated over her blind loyalty towards his half-brother.

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Thursday, December 13 at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

I am sure that Billy is not the innocent young man that Jessie believes he is ....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (03-12-2018), tammyy2j (04-12-2018)

a new bad boy for debbie to be victim

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (03-12-2018), tammyy2j (04-12-2018)

I do not mind Ellis now and think he is correct about Billy

Exclamation Billy Fletcher (Jay Kontzle)

Emmerdale star Sandra Marvin has revealed what's next for her character Jessie Grant following the arrival of her troublesome son Billy Fletcher.

Jay Kontzle has been cast in the role of Billy, a new regular for Emmerdale who made his first appearance in the hour-long Christmas Day special.

Billy has been mentioned on numerous occasions over the past few months and is newly-released from jail, where he was serving a sentence for GBH.

Billy's first scenes saw him unexpectedly interrupt Jessie and Marlon's wedding party, much to the concern of his brother Ellis.

Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) was also outraged to see Billy, recognising him as one of the thugs who made his life a misery when he was in jail.

Speaking about what happens next, Sandra told us: "Billy's arrival causes a whole heap of trouble for various reasons. There are even more things than I realised at the time as well.

"Billy turning up causes problems with Ellis and with other people in the village as well. In terms of the family unit, Tall Trees is a small house and there’s a lot of them in there. Ellis and Billy have got a lot to get over.

"The thing with Billy, though, is that he made a bad mistake which set him on a path for his life."

Asked whether Billy genuinely sees it as a mistake, Sandra replied: "You’ll have to watch and see, but Jessie believes that. I’ve had quite a bit of feedback, with people asking: 'What's she doing?'

"But as a mother, she doesn’t see that side of him. She’s a headmistress so she’s a bright woman, but she just doesn’t see that. When he tells her his side of the story, she believes him. As a mother, she has to. But if she sees the signs then she’s obviously going to have to buck up her ideas."

When we asked Sandra whether she always knew her on-screen family were joining Emmerdale, she replied: "I didn't at all. I knew for sure about six months in. Then I knew Ellis was coming in, but I didn’t know whether Billy was going to come in.

"But it has created a different dynamic. It's that family unit of Marlon, Jessie, little April and the two boys.

"April and Ellis have got such a wicked relationship and it’s so funny because off-screen they are the same. They worked out a little handshake that takes about five minutes! It's put a different layer on that family dynamic."

Digital Spy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (26-12-2018)

just guessing got beat up to blame aaron

apparently he is gay if online chatter is true

Thread Information