Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Emmerdale Spoilers 7th - 11th January 2019

Monday, 7th January 2019

TBA

Tuesday, 8th January 2019

TBA

Wednesday, 9th January 2019

Belle confronts an enemy. Graham is under suspicion. The net closes in on Cain.

Thursday 10th January 2019 (1) )

Belle is consumed by paranoia. A mystery figure stalks the village. Graham cracks under pressure.

Thursday 10th January 2019 (2)

A fire takes hold in the village. Laurel forges an unexpected connection. Diane lays down the law.

Friday 11th January 2019

TBA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-12-2018)

Emmerdale's Vanessa Woodfield faces a life-or-death drama in the New Year as she's stabbed by a mystery man outside The Woolpack.

When Vanessa catches a hooded figure pouring petrol around the pub, she tries to confront him but is left fighting for her life when he pulls a knife on her.

As Vanessa starts to bleed, her villainous attacker makes a quick getaway in her car – unaware that Johnny is strapped into the back seat.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, to hear her thoughts on the big storyline.

Who stabs Vanessa?

"Do you know what? I wish I could tell you, but I can't! We've got to think: 'Is it someone from Vanessa's past? Is it a connection to Charity or the Dingles?' We'll have to wait and see."

Were you surprised when you found out who it was?

"Yeah! The audience has met this person before. So that's intriguing, isn't it? And it's a he…."

Can you talk us through what happens?

"Vanessa and Charity aren't having problems, but they're having a few little arguments with each other. It's nothing major, but Vanessa is getting the sense that Charity is always having a go and that Vanessa isn't good enough for her.

"Vanessa has had enough, so she gets Johnny and leaves the pub. Charity follows her out and they have another argument that escalates quite quickly. Vanessa puts Johnny in the car and they drive off without making up.

"Vanessa drives around the corner, stops the car and says to Johnny: 'I'm being silly. I've overreacted, so come on, let's go back'. As she drives around the corner, she sees this hooded figure and they have a petrol can. This person has poured petrol all around The Woolpack."

Sounds scary – what happens next?

"Vanessa doesn't know what to do in that instance, with a pub full of people and her girlfriend inside. She does what she thinks is the right thing and tackles him, but in that instant, she gets stabbed.

"Vanessa is on the floor and she's stunned and in a lot of pain. She doesn't realise how bad it actually is. Then the man who stabbed her gets in her car and drives off with her son in the back."

Do they find Johnny?

"You'll have to wait and see. Everyone thinks he's dead anyway because he hasn't been on screen for about 25 years!"

Who finds Vanessa?

"She manages to get her phone out and rings Charity, so it's then Charity who comes out and finds her. Initially we think the wound is not that bad, but it is worse than we think."

When you heard about the story, did you worry it could be the end for Vanessa?

"When you're told, you do panic. My contract is actually coming towards the end, so who knows? Well, I do know actually!"

How is Charity going to react to this?

"It depends if Vanessa survives or not! What's awful about this situation is the last time they spoke, she was in the midst of a very heated argument. Vanessa had stormed off and Charity let her, and so the last thing Charity said to her was this argument. I think there will be a lot of guilt. But I think if Vanessa pulls through, it would bring them closer."

What will fans of 'Vanity' think?

"They will be shocked. They would be heartbroken if something happened, but it's Emmerdale, so it's not always going to run smoothly. As actors we don't want things to run smoothly, we want a bit of action and drama."

You mentioned the argument – have things become quite difficult for Vanessa and Charity now they're living with each other?

"No, it's been quite blissful really with the kids. They've really embraced it as a family. It's only after New Year where they just start having little bites at each other and that then leads up to the big argument before the stabbing."

Is there more about Vanessa's past we don't know? Could it be someone from her backstory?

"We don't know anything about her mum or where Vanessa grew up. Now we know about her dad, so it could be a connection to him. He's probably made a few enemies because we know he's been in prison.

"I'd love to see who Vanessa's mum is. I think she's alive because Vanessa has mentioned her. But when Johnny was born she'd say her mum was not that interested, so I think she's kept a distance from her. But she's out there."

If Vanessa doesn't make it, will you be sad?

"I will be gutted, but we are all jobbing actors. I've been in the business for 25 years, so it would be onwards and upwards. But you never know. Nothing lasts forever."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Thursday, January 10 at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Monday, 7th January 2019

TBA

Tuesday, 8th January 2019

TBA

Wednesday, 9th January 2019

Belle confronts an enemy. Graham is under suspicion. The net closes in on Cain.

Thursday 10th January 2019 (1) )

Belle is consumed by paranoia. A mystery figure stalks the village. Graham cracks under pressure.

Thursday 10th January 2019 (2)

A fire takes hold in the village. Laurel forges an unexpected connection. Diane lays down the law.

Friday 11th January 2019

TBA
    Monday
    Mandy Dingle turns up following Marlon and Jessie's wedding

Charity is thrilled when Ryan returns

Matty tells faith about his plans fora Mastectomy

TUESDAY

Marlon tries to keep Mandy and Paddy apart

Belle suspects Lachlan

Debbie reports Joe as a missing person

Graham tries to reassure Megan

Wednesday

Belle and Sam visit Lachlan in prison

Debbie accuses Graham of doing something to Joe

Thursday

Vanessa is stabbed by a hooded figure who torches the pub

Liam solves Bernice's living problem

Friday

In an attempt to make Debbie forget about Joe Cain plays Cupid

Schening Maya offers Jacob private tuition so they can spend more time alone

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-12-2018)

Who is around for Debbie to be set up by Cain, Matty, Billy, Ellis or Daz?

does donny stab vanessa not billy?

The person who attacks Vanessa is someone who hasn't been onscreen for 25 years. My money's is on James Tate.

8359 - Monday 7th January 2018: 7pm - 7.30pm

• A wedding descends into chaos.
    • Ryan’s hopes are dashed.
    • Faith delivers a stark warning.

8360/61 – Tuesday 8th January 2019: 7pm - 8pm

• Marlon is on a mission.
    • Sam makes a gruesome discovery.
    • Debbie receives an unsettling gift.

8362 – Wednesday 9th January 2019: 7pm - 7.30pm

• Belle confronts an enemy.
    • Graham is under suspicion.
    • The net closes in on Cain.

8363 – Thursday 10th January 2019: 7pm - 7.30pm

• Belle is consumed by paranoia.
    • A mystery figure stalks the village.
    • Graham cracks under pressure.

8364 – Thursday 10th January 2019: 8pm - 8.30pm

• A fire takes hold in the village.
    • Laurel forges an unexpected connection.
    • Diane lays down the law.

8365 – Friday 11th January 2019: 7pm - 7.30pm

• Cain plays matchmaker.
    • Maya intensifies her manipulation.
    • Jacob takes a risk.

Omnibus 8359 – 8365

A fire takes hold in the village. A wedding descends into chaos. Graham is under suspicion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (04-01-2019)

Thread Information