Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Karen Taylor's daughter Chantelle

Exclamation Karen Taylor's daughter Chantelle

EastEnders viewers will finally get to meet Karen Taylor's mysterious daughter Chantelle in an upcoming storyline.

The character of Chantelle has often been mentioned, but never been seen on-screen since the Taylor family arrived in Walford. Fans and even the cast have campaigned for Chantelle's arrival ever since.

They will all get their wish in 2019 when Chantelle turns up in Albert Square at last, making a huge first impression with her compassionate and bubbly personality. However, we'd advise not setting her off because she shares her mum's hair-trigger temper.

While Karen (Lorraine Stanley) and Mitch (Roger Griffiths) will initially be happy to see Chantelle, there will be signs of strain between mother and daughter that surface before long.

"The Taylor family are set to be complete when Chantelle arrives in Walford and Chantelle certainly has that feisty Taylor streak," senior executive producer Kate Oates promised. "Things are set to get a whole lot louder in Walford in 2019."

Casting for Chantelle Taylor is currently underway, with an announcement to be made on that front at a later date.

Another Taylor will also be turning up before the New Year! S Club 7's Hannah Spearritt is reprising her role as Karen's sister Kandice to throw a wrench in the family's Christmas plans.

With Mitch and Kandice both turning up for the holidays, is it even possible for Christmas in the Taylor household to go off without a hitch?

Digital Spy

neon jungle singer cast as chantelle

Exclamation Jessica Kate Plummer joins EE as Chantelle Baker

EastEnders has a new face joining Albert Square, as Neon Jungle singer Jessica Kate Plummer is entering the fray.

The star has been cast on the BBC soap as Taylor family member Chantelle Baker, the daughter of Karen and Mitch Baker.

Jessica will be familiar to some viewers through short-lived girl group Neon Jungle – a band which also included Shereen Cutkelvin, who came fifth on the 2017 series of The X Factor as part of group The Cutkelvins.

Chantelle's arrival has been much-anticipated, especially as the show confirmed last year that the character would be joining in early 2019.

Karen star Lorraine Stanley previously opened up about Chantelle joining Albert Square, saying: "I can't wait. I'm so excited to learn more about Chantelle, see what their history is and what Chantelle is up to now. So yes, the Taylors are expanding, which is really exciting.

"Karen hasn't seen her daughter for so long, so I think there might be a bit of tension there. Chantelle has created a new life for herself, so it will be interesting to see how she reacts to Karen and all her siblings."

Chantelle is said to be quite kind, bubbly and not afraid to stand up for herself, but as Lorraine mentioned – it seems there'll be some conflict with her mother...

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (06-03-2019)

I merged the threads

I did not realise she is also Mitch's daughter

Is she married with kids?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (06-03-2019), lizann (06-03-2019), Perdita (06-03-2019)

i thought she was older than keanu, a lot older

Karen Taylor's daughter Chantelle is finally arriving in EastEnders later this month — and she's not coming alone!

The BBC One soap has unveiled the first look at Neon Jungle singer Jessica Kate Plummer and the new family she'll bring to Albert Square to reunite with Karen (Lorraine Stanley) and Mitch Baker (Roger Griffiths).

Chantelle is arriving along with husband Gray Atkins (Krypton's Toby-Alexander Smith) as well as their daughters Mia and Mackenzie. While Chantelle's bubbly personality endears her to everyone in Walford, she also shares mum's fiery side when pushed too far.

Her husband Gray is a hard-working solicitor in London whose success took Chantelle away from Taylor Towers years earlier. Now that the couple are reunited with Karen and the family, tension erupts when they find Chantelle's absentee dad Mitch back in the picture too.

“Just like the majority of the UK, I grew up watching EastEnders," Jessica said today (March 11). "It’s an absolute honour to be joining the cast with all my childhood favourites… Rickaaaaaaaay."

Her new co-star Toby-Alexander added: “I’m delighted to be joining the cast of EastEnders as I’ve always been a fan. I’m looking forward to seeing what Albert Square has in store for Gray.”

EastEnders senior executive producer Kate Oates has promised that having the "tough, sharp and streetwise" Chantelle back with the Taylors will shake up the family's dynamic in a major way.

"To the rest of the Taylor family, she is definitely the one who’s ‘done good’: leaving home early, and landing on her feet marrying the handsome and successful Gray," the producer said. "But will Chantelle’s picture-perfect lifestyle put her and Gray into conflict with the rest of her family?”

Chantelle and Gray will first be seen on-screen in EastEnders later this month on BBC One.

Digital Spy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-03-2019)

pregnant and staying with abusive gray

jays dated her in school so he knows taylor family

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eas...-tragic-ending

Devastatingly, after finally trying to escape from Gray, Chantelle is killed by her husband in what has been a heartbreaking storyline to watch unfold.

The tragic ending to Chantelle's story has been planned from the beginning, with the aim of showing viewers the awful reality of domestic abuse.

The soap has worked very closely with two charities, Women's Aid and Refuge, on the storyline, consulting closely with them on scripts. Recent Women's Aid research reports that two-thirds of survivors stated their domestic abuse had escalated during lockdown, and three quarters of women living with an abuser said they felt they could not leave or get away.

Refuge reported a 54% rise in women contacting its helpline in need of emergency accommodation in the first week of July, when compared with the last week in June.

Plummer's final scenes as Chantelle will air later this month.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (07-09-2020), Ruffed_lemur (09-09-2020)

let me guess gray lives happy for a while with kids and whitney until caught a year or two later

Thread Information