Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
Coronation Street stars share first teasers for Christmas episodes

It's not even Halloween yet, but the stars of Coronation Street are already teasing what we can expect from the soap's Christmas episodes.

While Corrie is usually known for warm and light festive editions, this year's may be a bit darker and more dramatic than usual.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Fiz Stape actress Jennie McAlpine said: "I've read the script for Christmas Eve. It's quite dramatic. I'm not sure if I'll be getting any turkey this year. Fiz is going to be quite busy!

"It's not all mistletoe and jingle bells. I can't say if anyone dies. If I told someone that, I'd have to kill them!"

Meanwhile, Jenny Connor actress Sally Ann Matthews added: "I've just received scripts for Christmas. What I can say is it's beyond dramatic. It's big and edge-of-your-seat stuff. It's not just one story either.

"There are several big stories happening. We usually have feel-good Christmas episodes. And this year it certainly starts off that way.

"People will want to tune in for it on Christmas Day. My advice is not to have too much turkey and eggnog so you'll still be awake enough to watch it!"

Filming for some of the Christmas episodes has already begun, with set photos showing a violent confrontation between two characters.

Meanwhile, a classic Corrie villain is returning to the Cobbles for a special Halloween-themed set tour. You can find out more about that here.

Digital Spy
Would be brilliant if Pat Phelan came back from the dead and scared Eileen to Death, now that would be a good Halloween