Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holby City Spoilers 2019

Exclamation Holby City Spoilers 2019

Holby City is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2019 by bringing back some of its most memorable cast members throughout the entire year.

A full year of celebrations will begin on January 2, and lead up to the 1,000th episode during the autumn – and, along the way, some familiar faces will be dropping by the ward.

Ric Griffin (Hugh Quarshie) specifically is going to get two blasts from his past early in the year when he’s confronted by his former wife and one of his biggest professional rivals.

First, recent Doctor Who star Sharon D. Clarke is reprising her long-running Holby role as Ric’s ex-wife Lola Griffin for one episode to make her former husband look back at the cold reality of his years at the hospital.

“I spent three and a half happy years playing Lola,” Clarke said. “She was the kind of woman I would have loved to have seen on my screen when I was growing up.

“I was very proud to bring her to life and be a part of the Holby family. I’m so excited to be treading the wards again, and seeing what Lola will be getting up to for Holby’s 20th Anniversary. Hey, Ric, Lola’s back in town!”

If a run-in with his ex isn’t stressful enough, Ric will also have to face off for funding with long-time rival Tom Campbell-Gore (Denis Lawson) at the Innovation Conference. This two-episode storyline introduces new surgeon Ange Godard (Dawn Steele) to Holby.

“I have great memories of my time on Holby City and I’m delighted to be back on my old stomping ground with the Holby cast and crew,” Lawson said.

That’s not all! Camilla Arfwedson will be back next spring as Zosia March too, with more familiar faces turning up in celebration of 20 years of Holby City.

“There are former cast we are talking to at the moment – watch this space,” producer Simon Harper teased. “This year will also include the 1,000th episode of Holby City, which is scheduled to fall around Bonfire Night.

“Viewers can look forward to a very explosive story indeed... The huge driving theme at the heart of series 21 has always been part of Holby’s DNA – family, relationships and bloodline.”

Ahead of the 20th anniversary celebration, a big wedding special is airing tonight (December 11) that will feature Strictly Come Dancing star Reverend Richard Coles officiating as one couple tie the knot.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...h-anniversary/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Jules72 (13-12-2018), kayuqtuq (11-12-2018)

Thought we'd seen the last of irritating Zosia. Bring back Mr Meyer!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kayuqtuq For This Useful Post:

Jules72 (13-12-2018)

Holby City is bringing back Patsy Kensit and Luke Roberts for a special episode in the autumn.

The pair are reprising their popular roles as Faye Morton and Joseph Byrne, who were last seen in Holby nearly 10 years ago.

After a decade away, Faye and Joseph will return to the hospital under dramatic circumstances and it's not long before they are coming face to face with Jac Naylor.

Long-term Holby viewers will know that the trio share a long and complicated history, with the brand new story aiming to revisit the turbulent history between the three of them.

With things already tense, unforeseen circumstances will reunite Faye, Joseph and Jac when they are forced they pull together to save someone's life.

Speaking about her return, Patsy said: “It’s a great honour to be asked back. As soon as I got the script I sat down and read it as fast as I could, which shows what a gripping episode it’s going to be.

"Faye has changed quite a lot, it’s very feisty and there are lots of surprises! It’s also really exciting to be working with Rosie and Luke again; we always had a fantastic time together on set and that’s not changed at all.”

Luke added: "Actors take jobs for a number of reasons. Pay the bills, learn the craft, further the career, tackle a challenging role.

"Holby City ticked all of those boxes when I had the good fortune to join the cast in 2005. For five years it provided me with a much-needed community of artists and technicians who always made me feel at home. It really was like a family.

"So it's been an absolute joy to slip back into the surgical scrubs, see so many familiar faces and reconnect with the likes of Rosie Marcel, Patsy Kensit, Jaye Jacobs, Bob Barrett, Guy Henry, Hugh Quarshie, Belinda Owusu and Alex Walkinshaw to name but a few of the mega talented folks working on the wards. Not to mention our brilliant director David Innes Edwards, who has the colossal task of keeping us all in line!”

Holby City's executive producer Simon Harper, said: "Holby's 20th anniversary year continues apace with the return of these two huge, iconic characters after a decade away. It will be a particularly nostalgic and exciting treat for long-term viewers of the show as old Holby collides explosively with the present.

"Joseph was the love of Jac's life, and as if that in itself weren't enough to rock her world, he turns up with the woman who is Jac's sworn enemy! It was for Joseph's sake that Jac sent Faye packing in 2010 and as far as Jac's concerned, it's the ultimate insult and comes at a time when she is already feeling off-balance both professionally and personally.

"Continuing our current trend to go off format where story earns it, this unique episode concentrates entirely on this classic Darwin trio with all their past tensions and rivalries bubbling to the surface, leaving poor Fletch having a lot of catching up to do!

"With tears, laughter, passion, high stakes surgery and the acerbic one-liners flying thicker than a blizzard, it's quintessential Holby City. It's both exciting and emotional to welcome Luke and Patsy back to the Holby company – we feel so lucky and privileged to have wooed them back to celebrate the show's history, and I cannot wait for this gripping and darkly comic story to hit the screen."

Holby City is currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, with bosses promising a year of treats for fans to mark the milestone.

So far, we've seen Sharon D Clarke reprise her role as Ric's ex-wife Lola Griffin, while Denis Lawson recently returned as Tom Campbell-Gore.. Amanda Mealing reappeared as Connie in Holby and Casualty's crossover episode, while Marc Elliott has recently returned as abusive Isaac Mayfield.

Faye and Joseph's return is due to air in autumn.

Digital Spy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

anita2012 (17-05-2019), hward (16-05-2019), kaz21 (15-05-2019), lizann (16-05-2019)

how was their exits, joseph and faye?

Faye went to France and then Joseph left a little later with there son.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    Faye went to France and then Joseph left a little later with there son.
    are they together still, always liked him with jac

I’m not sure.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...-trailer-2019/

Holby City: 11 huge spoilers revealed in the show's unmissable summer trailer
    It's all heating up at the hospital.

Digital Spy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (06-06-2019)

Holby City confirms Elliot Hope return and more big comebacks for 20th anniversary

Holby City is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and the soap has now confirmed a major comeback to mark its 1,000th episode.

The BBC One soap has announced that Paul Bradley will reprise his role as Elliot Hope to mark Holby City's huge milestone, and he's just one of the classic characters who'll be back on the hospital wards again.

Elliot, who was last seen on the soap in 2015, will return for a five-episode guest stint in the milestone episode, visiting the hospital to see his old friend Jac Naylor – but it won't be long before an ulterior motive for Elliot's visit is revealed, and his colleagues discover the truth about his return.

"I'm really looking forward to returning to a programme on which I spent so many happy years," Bradley said in a statement. "Holby has always been a hive of really exciting and imaginative stories and this won't be any different, it's going to be a cracker!"

Patricia Potter will also be reprising her role as Diane Lloyd later this year, 12 years after she left the programme in 2007. She'll feature in a special episode that will "go beyond the realms of the hospital" and head into very different territory for the soap.

"It's lovely to be returning to Holby. I really enjoyed my time there and made fantastic friends as well as meeting my husband," Patricia said.

"Returning after a decade is very weird but it's as friendly as ever and revisiting Diane feels like putting on an old glove! She had a tragic end and this storyline feels like it puts the character to bed with some peace and resolution. It's great."

Along with Elliot and Diane's returns, Holby City will also revisit the Tan twins storyline, which unfolded in 2008 as the conjoined twin babies underwent separation surgery. The soap will pick up with the twins 11 years on as they return to the ward where their life-changing surgery took place.

Previous cast members Patsy Kensit and Luke Roberts have also already been confirmed for a special episode in the autumn, with the pair reprising their popular roles as Faye Morton and Joseph Byrne.

Speaking about the anniversary storylines and returns, Holby City executive producer Simon Harper revealed he "can't wait" for the audience to see what they have planned.

"How could we possibly celebrate Holby's 20th anniversary without a return stint from one of our most beloved characters?" he said.

"I'm so delighted to welcome the glorious Paul Bradley back to his Holby family, and I also know just how hungry the audience have been for this moment, so it’s wonderful to finally see it happen."

As for Patricia Potter's return as Diane, he promised the soap wouldn't pull a Dallas on us, describing her return as "an anniversary homage".

"It's not often we literally bring a character back from the dead, and no, Diane won’t be walking out of the shower and telling her colleagues it was all a decade long dream," he said.

"Her return is in itself an anniversary homage to a time on the show when we experimented quite regularly with genre and style, so the audience can expect something very different indeed in a unique and quirky episode where Ric faces a terrifying and life-changing choice, and the world of the hospital is literally turned upside down."

Digital Spy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (05-07-2019), kayuqtuq (05-07-2019), kaz21 (05-07-2019)

Glad Elliot is returning, albeit only a short time, and looking forward to seeing what they do with the episode with Diane in it

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (05-07-2019), Perdita (05-07-2019)

Thread Information