Thread: Holby City Spoilers 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Holby City Spoilers 2019

Holby City is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2019 by bringing back some of its most memorable cast members throughout the entire year.

A full year of celebrations will begin on January 2, and lead up to the 1,000th episode during the autumn – and, along the way, some familiar faces will be dropping by the ward.

Ric Griffin (Hugh Quarshie) specifically is going to get two blasts from his past early in the year when he’s confronted by his former wife and one of his biggest professional rivals.

First, recent Doctor Who star Sharon D. Clarke is reprising her long-running Holby role as Ric’s ex-wife Lola Griffin for one episode to make her former husband look back at the cold reality of his years at the hospital.

“I spent three and a half happy years playing Lola,” Clarke said. “She was the kind of woman I would have loved to have seen on my screen when I was growing up.

“I was very proud to bring her to life and be a part of the Holby family. I’m so excited to be treading the wards again, and seeing what Lola will be getting up to for Holby’s 20th Anniversary. Hey, Ric, Lola’s back in town!”

If a run-in with his ex isn’t stressful enough, Ric will also have to face off for funding with long-time rival Tom Campbell-Gore (Denis Lawson) at the Innovation Conference. This two-episode storyline introduces new surgeon Ange Godard (Dawn Steele) to Holby.

“I have great memories of my time on Holby City and I’m delighted to be back on my old stomping ground with the Holby cast and crew,” Lawson said.

That’s not all! Camilla Arfwedson will be back next spring as Zosia March too, with more familiar faces turning up in celebration of 20 years of Holby City.

“There are former cast we are talking to at the moment – watch this space,” producer Simon Harper teased. “This year will also include the 1,000th episode of Holby City, which is scheduled to fall around Bonfire Night.

“Viewers can look forward to a very explosive story indeed... The huge driving theme at the heart of series 21 has always been part of Holby’s DNA – family, relationships and bloodline.”

Ahead of the 20th anniversary celebration, a big wedding special is airing tonight (December 11) that will feature Strictly Come Dancing star Reverend Richard Coles officiating as one couple tie the knot.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...h-anniversary/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Jules72 (13-12-2018), kayuqtuq (11-12-2018)

Thread Information