Thread: Home and Away 2019 Spoilers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There has been speculation for a while now as to when H&A would return on Ch7 in 2019. The complicating factor has been that Ch7 has now bought the cricket broadcast rights for Test matches (from ch9) & the expanded Big Bash T20 league (from ch10). Conversely, Ch9 then got the tennis rights from Ch7. As we know, Ch7 previously started H&A for the new year once the tennis finished, in late January. Now that Ch7 has lost the tennis but gained the cricket, people were speculating as to what this meant for the resumption of H&A, & have been waiting for Ch7 to make an announcement.

There is a day/night cricket test match starting on Jan 24, & I think the expanded Big Bash T20 tournament ends on Sunday 17 Feb, so I had been wondering whether H&A would start on Ch7 after that ie on Monday 18 Feb. Maybe that will be the case now that they have confirmed it won't return till end of Feb. We will see. I am not sure how long the My Kitchen Rules (MKR) series will go for, but the other thing is that apart from starting on 28 January, apparently MKR will be on at 7pm ie in H&A's usual timeslot. So if MKR does go longer than 18 Feb, maybe H&A will be held back even further (or at that time MKR will revert to 7:30pm??). Again, we have to wait & see. All very confusing!

As for transmission in the UK, like you say Perdita, maybe they will have to take another early break??

On a lighter note, this a Digital Spy article with some storylines coming up, at UK pace:

Home and Away spoilers! 8 of the biggest storylines to come, from Chelsea's kidnap to Tori's baby deception
    What's next in Summer Bay?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...spoilers-2019/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

HarryHedgehog (18-01-2019), Perdita (16-01-2019)

Thread Information