Thread: Jim Robinson (Alan Dale)

Jim Robinson (Alan Dale)

Ramsay Street is set to be visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past, as Alan Dale is returning to Neighbours one final time this December.

Following rumours of the iconic character's return to Erinsborough, Neighbours has now confirmed that Jim Robinson will return to the soap during its Christmas Day episode.

(Un)fortunately for fans, Alan's comeback as the Robinson patriarch will be in a dream or ghostly flashback sequence. So no Kathy Beale-inspired antics, we're afraid.

Download Lightbox Printable Set 836772 Image 836772cw Photographer REX/FremantleMedia LtdGrundy TV'Neighbours' TV Soap Alan Dale as Jim Robinson Rachel Blakely as Gaby Willis.
    © REX/FREMANTLEMEDIA LTD
    [Alan Dale in Neighbours]

Speaking to The Mirror about his return to the soap, Alan – who's since starred in the likes of Lost, The West Wing and Ugly Betty – has promised it will be "fun".

"How can I be back? I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise so I'm not going to say much except I was thrilled to be there! I am working with my dear old friend Stefan," he teased.

"It's fun, I hope everyone's going to enjoy it."

Alan also revealed that his reprisal of Jim Robinson was a cathartic experience, following his acrimonious exit from the soap back in 1993.

Referring to his axing from the show after a dispute over pay, Alan admitted: "It has laid a load of ghosts to rest for me."

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (30-11-2018), Pantherboy (01-12-2018), Ruffed_lemur (30-11-2018)

Digital Spy article. Not a spoiler, but for anyone interested...

Former Neighbours star Alan Dale gives the soap a shout-out on CW series Dynasty
    You can take the actor out of Ramsay Street...

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...t-out-dynasty/

Former Neighbours star Alan Dale hasn't been shy about sharing his dislike for the soap in the past, but after he made a shock return to his role of Jim Robinson over Christmas last year, it looks like Alan and Neighbours are on much better terms.

So much so, in fact, that Alan even gave the soap a shout-out while in character on his new series, The CW's Dynasty...…………..

Alan Dale should stfu and be thankful for where he is because of Australian television.

Thread Information