Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Foreman (Peter Ash)

Exclamation Paul Foreman (Peter Ash)

Coronation Street's David Platt is set to be rocked by a face from his past.

The character is in for a massive shock in the coming weeks when his old cellmate Paul Foreman makes a dramatic arrival on the cobbles.

The pair last saw each other in prison six months ago, and the arrival of Paul will leave David not knowing what to do.

They may have got on well with each other inside, but that's a period David doesn't want to be reminded about.

David Platt is startled by his cellmate Paul in Coronation Street
    © ITV

David was sent to prison for missing a court case after he brutally attacked Gary Windass during a charity boxing match.

David was struggling after being raped by Josh, which led to him losing control and lashing out at Gary during the fight. He then found himself befriending Paul while serving his short time in prison.

Paul is played by Peter Ash, who is best-known for starring in Footballer's Wives as Darius Fry alongside fellow Corrie star Ben Price.

Digital Spy

he is gemma's brother

Coronation Street will air a historic child sexual abuse storyline for Paul Foreman.

ITV is working closely with Survivors Manchester on the story as in the weeks ahead, Gemma Winter (Dolly-Rose Campbell) and Paul's (Peter Ash) stepfather Kel arrives on the cobbles.

Kel will reunite with Bernie (Jane Hazlegrove), and while Gemma and Bernie are happy to see him back, Paul struggles.

Paul was groomed and sexually abused by Kel when he was a teenager, although Gemma and Bernie are unaware.

Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) learns of what happened when Paul was younger, and the storyline will centre on Paul trying to come to terms with the sexual abuse and eventually his desire for justice.

Bernie will also struggle when she discovers what happened years ago without her knowledge.

"Gemma and Paul's family background has always been fascinating to me – the inseparable bond of twins but with a huge fault-line down the middle which we've hinted at but never explained," producer Ian MacLeod said.

"This story sensitively explores something that is tragically all too common in families in the real world, and will highlight the way these painful events still reverberate many years later.

"It will, I hope, allow people who have survived similar abuse and perhaps suffered in silence to find their voice and speak up.

"It will also showcase the brilliant talents of Peter Ash, Dolly-Rose Campbell, Jane Hazlegrove, and Corrie newcomer Joe Alessi in some incredibly challenging, powerful scenes."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...use-storyline/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-08-2019)

Bit more details:

Coronation Street is to explore the devastating effects of historic child sexual abuse within the Winter family.

Gemma's world is set to be torn apart when it is revealed that her twin brother Paul was sexually abused by their stepdad Kel.

In the coming weeks Kel will come back into their lives when Gemma and Paul’s mum Bernie is reunited with her ex.

It soon becomes evident that whilst Gemma and Bernie welcome Kel back into the fold, Paul is unnerved by his return and is struggling having him around.

Unbeknownst to Gemma and Bernie, Paul was sexually abused as a young teenager by Kel and the innocent boy was groomed into believing he and Kel were in a consensual relationship.

However, when Paul’s partner Billy Mayhew discovers his secret he points out to Paul that he was a young child and was in fact being sexually abused by Kel.

The heartbreaking story will explore Paul’s struggle to come to terms with what happened to him and his ultimate fight for justice. As the story develops Bernie will find it difficult to cope with the fact that she had no idea what was going on under her own roof.

Coronation Street producers and writers are working closely with Survivors Manchester who are advising on the story.

Producer Iain MacLeod said:

“Gemma and Paul’s family background has always been fascinating to me - the inseparable bond of twins but with a huge fault-line down the middle, which we’ve hinted at but never explained. This story sensitively explores something that is tragically all too common in families in the real world and will highlight the way these painful events still reverberate many years later. It will, I hope, allow people who have survived similar abuse and perhaps suffered in silence to find their voice and speak up. It will also showcase the brilliant talents of Peter Ash, Dolly-Rose Campbell, Jane Hazlegrove and Corrie newcomer Joseph Alessi in some incredibly challenging, powerful scenes. I am very proud of this story.”

Peter Ash added:

“I have known about this storyline for some time so have had the opportunity to speak to Duncan Craig at Survivors Manchester in advance of filming which has been great. His experience was really similar to Paul’s so it was invaluable for me to be able to talk about all the conflicting emotions and not accepting or realising it was abuse until later on in life. I have also spoken to Jack P Shepherd about how he found filming the male rape storyline and he told me about the increase in calls to Survivors Manchester off the back of it which is incredible. It’s an important storyline and I want to get it right.”

“Following on from our work on the David Platt rape storyline, I am delighted that Coronation Street have once again asked us at Survivors Manchester to help them with this sensitive storyline. We learned so much together before and the effort made last time is allowing us to tackle the finer and complex details of Paul’s feelings and behaviour. This story is going to resonate with so many male survivors, I’m proud of Coronation Street for committing to making sure it’s right.

“Peter (Ash) and I have been talking a lot about how Paul would be feeling and I have shared some of my own experiences of breaking my silence which Peter has handled with so much care. I know this story will be difficult but as a survivor I have to say it is vital if we are to understand male sexual violence and abuse. Well done Corrie for being brave enough to tell this true story.

“Once again, I’m proud to stand with Coronation Street in telling a difficult story as truthfully and as sensitively as possible. Their commitment to being authentic to real life issues is inspiring and I know first-hand the actual impact of these stories being told - our last piece of work together resulted in a 1700% increase in calls to the male survivor helpline!”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-10-2019)

well impressed by his acting the other night when realising he was so young

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-10-2019)

Coronation Street has confirmed that Paul Foreman will be drawn into the David Platt and Josh Tucker storyline next week.

Paul (Peter Ash) hopes to help David clear his name as he stands accused of stabbing Josh in prison.

Upcoming episodes will see David receive the bad news that he's staying behind bars for the foreseeable future after being charged with attempted murder.

Back on the outside, David's loved ones rally together to put an end to his nightmare. First up, his older brother Nick (Ben Price) plans to trick Josh by posing as his lawyer at the hospital, hoping he'll reveal who really stabbed him.

Nick's plans are thwarted when Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) catches him about to carry out his sneaky scheme. However, after a suggestion from Leanne Battersby, Billy agrees to speak to Josh himself and try to get the truth out of him.

When confronted by the vicar, Josh is adamant that he's sticking to his story. Fearful that David's rape allegation will be revisited by the authorities, Josh wants to destroy his reputation and undermine his credibility.

Billy is disappointed that he couldn't make any difference and later confides in Paul about Josh raping David. Feeling for David, a determined Paul takes up the mantle of trying to help him.

Jack P Shepherd, who plays David, revealed: "Josh has come out and changed his statement and said it was David who stabbed him. David is still protesting his innocence, but Josh has said it's David. So with these new allegations, they're keeping David in while he awaits a date for another trial.

"David is aware that Nick and Billy are trying to help. First Nick attempts to pose as Josh's lawyer, then Billy goes to speak to him.

"He thanks them for trying but David has given up, really. He's becoming resigned to the fact that he's going to have to get used to being in there for a very long time. Unless something drastic happens, he knows Josh isn't going to change his story.

"Billy then speaks to Paul, who was sexually abused, and it obviously hits a nerve with him. Paul goes to Josh's bedside and takes matters into his own hands…"

While we can't give away the full details of what happens next, word later reaches the Street that new evidence could lead to David being released in time for his planned wedding to Shona Ramsey (Julia Goulding).

Jack added: "David hears that Josh has changed his story again, saying it was Tez and Abe who attacked him, and he could be released that day.

"It means everything to him to get married to Shona, but whether they can actually get married that day, he still doesn't know.

"Shona means the world to him. She really does keep David sane and stops him going off the rails. When his life looks completely miserable, he has to remember that he's got her and two kids.

"David and Shona love each other, they've been there for each other through a lot of stuff and I think they need each other.

"It's not just the wedding drama they have to cope with, they've got Max playing up and Marion back on the scene sniffing around. David just wants an easier life now, he doesn't want any more threats hanging over his family."

Digital Spy

I like Paul but find Billy very pushy to quick in their relationship, will it end with Paul cheating with Sean if they all live together

I enjoy Paul with David and Rita, hope he and David become good friends

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I like Paul but find Billy very pushy to quick in their relationship, will it end with Paul cheating with Sean if they all live together

I enjoy Paul with David and Rita, hope he and David become good friends
    HOw much longer is "over acting" Paul to stay in Corri? his portrayal of an abuse victim is not realistic at all, I am actully getting irratated with Gemma's extended family, all that screeching and yelling,
    glad they are not my neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    HOw much longer is "over acting" Paul to stay in Corri? his portrayal of an abuse victim is not realistic at all, I am actully getting irratated with Gemma's extended family, all that screeching and yelling,
    glad they are not my neighbours.
    How do you think an abuse victim acts realistically ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (01-12-2019)

Corrie?s Paul Foreman is going to hit rock bottom and turn to booze to cope in a new storyline, we can reveal.

The factory assistant - who is played by actor Peter Ash in the ITV soap - has been living in bliss with vicar love Billy Mayhew.

Viewers watched last night as the pair celebrated Paul?s birthday and admitted they would love to get married to each other.

But things will soon take a dark turn and Paul will be left struggling to cope.

A source said: ?Paul hits the bottle in a bad way and no-one can get through to him. He spends days surrounded by empty cans and his own thoughts. It?s going to be a real test of his relationship with Billy to see if they get through it. And Todd?s return won?t help matters.?

Billy?s ex Todd will make his return to the cobbles later this year after years of being on the run.

However, it emerged this week that Todd had in fact been cleared of all charges and had no legal reason to stay away - adding another mystery to his disappearance.

Billy has become obsessed with finding him, even pushing Paul's birthday to the back of his to do list.

Actor Gareth Pierce will take over the role three years after Bruno Langley left in 2017

Viewers were told Todd had assaulted a police officer and "gone on the run" and he has been sparingly mentioned over the last three years.

In recent months, the soap has dropped a couple of hints that Todd could be on his way back to Weatherfield.

His mum Eileen - played by Sue Cleaver - told Fiz earlier this year: ?Every Mother?s Day or birthday it?s the same.

"I think this will be the time I hear from him but I never do of course.?

And vicar Billey Mayhew - who Todd had a relationship with - mentioned he was going to come face-to-face with "a blast from the past".

Since being axed from the soap, Bruno has retrained as a professional portrait photographer.

He previously said of his new career: "I?m really happy being creative in this way.

?I?ve been taking time out to catch my breath, reassess what is important to me and to make myself a better person.?

Thread Information