Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dodgy" Camera-work in EE

"Dodgy" Camera-work in EE

Hello all,

I'm sure some of you, like me, have noticed the weird and wonky camera work in EastEnders this week- wobbly shots, lopsided shots, people half-in and half-out of shot while speaking, out of focus shots, and so on. I found this really distracting and it kind of ruined the show for me on Monday, so I asked the BBC and was told they were now using digital handheld cameras, because apparently this adds "tension and realism" to the show.

Now I really don't think that's true- I think there was nothing wrong with the way they've been making and shooting EE for 20 years, so why change it now?!?!

The bad news is that it from the email they sent me it doesn't seem to be a one-off, or an experiment- EE is now going to be wobbly and badly cut forever......

...unless someone tells them to stop!! So I urge all of you who don't like this new style to drop the bbc a line via the complaints section on their website. It doesn't have to be a big rant, just say you liked it better before and they should change back.

If you like the new style, fair enough, and if you haven't noticed a change then look closely next episode- once you've noticed it you'll find it's a real pain!!

There was nothing wrong with how they were doing it before- IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

Lister

im glad im not the oinly to notice this...i was wathcing tuesday episode at 3 in mor ning after being drunk and wondered if it was just me!

but obviosuly not, i agree they need to snap out of it and stick to how they have been doing it for 20 years

i must be the only one who hasnt noticed lol

Im not the one to usually spot things but that hand held one is just rubbish!!

remember when brookside changed its camerawork and it looked like a movie rather than a soap?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylea88
    i must be the only one who hasnt noticed lol
    You aren't the only one, I hadn't noticed it, the problem is thats all I will be looking out for in tonights episode.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

i have noticed that they are wobbley aswell and you dont get a very good shot

Just by looking at it for a few minutes, would can notice it. Its really annoying

i no!!
    do you think it is the cameras or the camera men??

A bit of both i guess. How does it make it "real" and "tense"?

Do all soaps use it now then?

Thread Information