Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Violet Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    Thank god they did a runner , sean was getting on my wick. I could be wrong but I am sure instead of Violet waiting for a baby he said he would do it ! No strings , but then IT's MY BABY! agggrh ... Never were a couple , never going to be a couple , it was a fast track so Vi could get a baby. He was never to be the FATHER.
    Exactly!!!

He was supposed to be in the babies life but not as the dad just a friend/uncle kinda thing. If he hadnt tried taking over they would never have left. I mean getting her apartment cleaned... how insulting is that.

Cant beleive that Marcus told Sean about Violet cancelling her appointments. Surely he can get done through the confidentiality laws. He isnt supposed to tell anyone else about her appointments even if Sean is the boilogical father.

Violet return?

Jenny Platt could once again reprise her role as Coronation Street's Violet Wilson.

The actress recently returned to the ITV1 soap in the Easter special as Sean Tully (Antony Cotton) visited London to meet his son Dylan.

The one-off appearance saw Violet split from boyfriend Jamie Baldwin, played by the actress's real-life partner Rupert Hill. Speaking to the Sunday Mercury, Hill revealed that the story could continue on screen for Platt.

"It's on the cards for Jen to do more episodes," he teased, appearing to rule himself out of a future return.

While unconfirmed, any possible future appearances from Violet could tie into reports that Sean will start raising his 4-year-old son himself.

Hill, who has a 1-year-old daughter with Platt, is currently appearing in Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors at Stafford Castle alongside former Corrie co-star Eric Potts (Diggory Compton).

"Jen has warned me that he is renowned for trying to get other actors to 'corpse' or burst out laughing during the performance. I'm a bit worried about that," he told the paper.

Another one returning without her partner? Another failed relationship?

I didn't really like her after she ran off with sean's baby

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Another one returning without her partner? Another failed relationship?
    Looks like it!

It all seems so gratuitous. Violet and Jamie breaking up when they're not even in the programme, just like Sonia and Martin in Eastenders. It's as if the scriptwriters can't conceive of any relationship lasting more than a year or so. Perhaps it reveals what happens in their lives...?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Looks like it!

It all seems so gratuitous. Violet and Jamie breaking up when they're not even in the programme, just like Sonia and Martin in Eastenders. It's as if the scriptwriters can't conceive of any relationship lasting more than a year or so. Perhaps it reveals what happens in their lives...?
    That is what I was thinking of when I read about Violet's possible return. If they can't get the actor who played Jamie to come back, use a different actor or leave well alone, sick to death with all the relationships in soaps not lasting longer than 2 minutes
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-06-2011 at 18:51.

Is Eileen's house going to one of those houses that has unlimited bedrooms? Well Violet and Dylan need somewhere to live?

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

will Violet ever come back to Corrie again?

Hi first post here

I really hope she will someday.

She was one of my favourite characters on the show and the actress (Jenny platt i think it was) was brilliant. When she left first time round i thought she was just having a break or something, but she hasn't been back since i don't think. I thought she would come back in a kinda shock twist with her son at some point, maybe when Sean was homeless to save him or save Eileen when she nearly got killed by that Phelan bloke but she never did.

i hope they bring her back at some point with her son and that sister she had (I think she had a sister) She's still got links to the street too. Sean, Eileen, Ken, Michelle, Fiz, etc.

She's been away so long they could do anything with her now. Just please not a personality transplant, she was really nice so i would hate for them to turn her into a bitch. And a Violet return would give Sean a reason for still being on the programme, he's like a spare part nowadays!

If I was in charge of corrie and bringing old characters back Violet would be top of my wish list definitely! I don't really see no reason she couldn't come back, I'm sure the actress has said she would come back.

There's a lot of things they could do with her if she comes back:

1) she could be hiding a secret (not sure what)
    2) if she is on her own she could be struggling with being a single mum- maybe they could show this
    3) have it turn out her kid is a violent little **** who beats her up (this could prove what a good actress she is and really give her a chance to shine) not sure the son is old enough though
    4) give her a new or old bloke. i could see her going for Peter barlow maybe, or if they bring Jason back get him back together with Violet again
    5) she realises shes bisexual (I swear she was gonna be a lesbian when she first came into it)
    6) explore that student teacher relationship with Ken- okay hear me out here please. Anything seems possible in soaps nowadays, I wouldn't put anything past soap anymore. Soaps like to be as controversial as possible and they like to copy each other. A Ken and Violet affair would be going one better than Eastenders, since he is old enough to be her grandad and she is his ex student. The reaction to it would be hilarious, and Ken could prove he's still got it :P
    7) new friendship with Sinead or Toyah or someone

If she comes back though I think they would maybe ruin her. She would probably be changed completely into a bitchy slut who has like 4 kids all to different dads. They have a habit of ruining characters don't they

Anyway, what do you reckon? Do you think they'll ever bring her back, would you like to see her back?
    Last edited by girly-wurly; 15-11-2018 at 13:13.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to girly-wurly For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (15-11-2018)

Does no one else wanna see her back then?

With Violet's name having been mentioned frequently recently, will Jenny Platt or a new head come to Weatherfield to be a mother to Dylan?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (31-08-2022)

Thread Information