Thread: Obadiah Dingle (Paul Copley)

Exclamation Obadiah Dingle (Paul Copley)

Emmerdale's Charity Dingle will track down her father next week as she remains haunted by the past.

Show bosses have cast actor Paul Copley in the role of Charity's father Obadiah, who makes his first appearance on September 26.

Next week's episodes see Charity (Emma Atkins) back in self-destruct mode as she struggles to rebuild her life following DI Bails's imprisonment.

As she continues to ponder over the past, Charity becomes angry with her family for doing nothing when her dad kicked her out as a teenager, which left her alone and vulnerable ahead of her ordeal with Bails.

Charity Dingle accidentally injures Monty in Emmerdale
    © ITV

Although Charity is clearly going through a difficult time as she hits the bottle for comfort, not everyone is sympathetic.

Cain upsets Charity by making a jibe about how she'll never change, while the rest of the family are also annoyed when she accidentally runs over Monty the dog's foot while in Zak's van.

Later in the week, Charity decides to track down her dad with a little help from Zak, who knows exactly where to find him.

With her girlfriend Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) coming along for moral support, Charity heads off to visit Obadiah. Will the meeting go well, or will this be yet another terrible mistake?

Charity Dingle meets her father Obadiah in Emmerdale
    © ITV

Charity Dingle meets her father Obadiah in Emmerdale

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mrfreeman (18-09-2018), tammyy2j (18-09-2018)

ooh interesting

Is he Zak's brother and is her mother alive?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is he Zak's brother and is her mother alive?
    The Dingle family relationships are so difficult to follow.

Here's my best shot but I may well be wrong. Obadiah is Zac's first cousin. (That means Belle, Cain, Sam and so on are Charity's second cousins).

I don't know about Charity's mother but the impression I get is that she is not.

PS - it's good to see an actor like Paul Copley (Obadiah) appearing in Emmerdale.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBee View Post
    The Dingle family relationships are so difficult to follow.

Here's my best shot but I may well be wrong. Obadiah is Zac's first cousin. (That means Belle, Cain, Sam and so on are Charity's second cousins).

I don't know about Charity's mother but the impression I get is that she is not.

PS - it's good to see an actor like Paul Copley (Obadiah) appearing in Emmerdale.
    I can very well imagine that she will be introduced at same time soon if she is still alive .. I guess we might find out when Charity meets Obadiah .. would have thought they will mention her ..

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I can very well imagine that she will be introduced at same time soon if she is still alive .. I guess we might find out when Charity meets Obadiah .. would have thought they will mention her ..
    yes she could still be alive if no body

Thread Information