Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EE told they are to white

EE told they are to white

according to a thread on talk walford,which includes the article The BBC have told EE they must introduce more actors of an ethnic background and they are starting with a black nurse-sonia's friend,which sounds ok,but then they are to introduce a muslim family,which if rushed like the ferrereas could cause problems for the actors in my opinion cos the people who played them i have seen on other programms and they were great,put thm intoEe and lets be honest it won't be great for their future carreers,personally i think ee should be left alone to choose what ethnic background their actors are from,ee is only a soap we all know the east end is a multicultural area,so is manchester and corrie dosn't mirror this so while ee is recovering from the terrible storylines the ferrera's were given why should they be pushed into choosing actors because of their ethnic background,i don't mean this in a racist sense,i just mean if ee rush this it could damage th careers of actors like the ferrerea's and get ee loads more bad pulicity

I personally feel they are right but I don't think they should go about bringing characters from different ethnic backgrounds in on purpose, they need to just plan new signings. If it's a black character so be it it's all about the character not introducing them to up the ethnic numbers.
    Last edited by Treacle; 13-07-2005 at 14:19.

i know this is nothing to do with what you all are talking about so sorry about that...is spencer moon coming back??? and is alfie leaving????

have a look in the spoiler sections and you will find your answers

IMHO characters should not be brought in just because of their ethnicity. Look what happened with the Borrerias who were allegedly researched fot a year. The Osmans were fantastic and felt so natural. Its daft to bring in people just to please the PC brigade
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    IMHO characters should not be brought in just because of their ethnicity. Look what happened with the Borrerias who were allegedly researched fot a year. The Osmans were fantastic and felt so natural. Its daft to bring in people just to please the PC brigade
    They can look for a ethnic family but they should be basing their signings on potential storylines and the talent involved. They can however look specifically for a certain culture.

volvic is offline Give the guy a hacksaw ..
    i feel that EE has a good mix of ethnic race already,maybe they are going over the top

yes-i agree but it should be ee choice,when ee are ready not just cos the beeb are demanding cos if ee get it wrong again its the poor actors who get slagged of in the papers also i'm sure the actors chosen would rather be chosen for their acting ability and not their ethnic background plus if you think of the damage done to the careers of the actor who played the ferreres i'm sure a lot of good asian actors would wonders if they were being handed a poison chalice

If they had brought fewer Ferrias in it may have worked. After all Ash was a great actor on The Bill but wasnt given any decent storys on EE
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Well at the end of the day you can't like every character in the show, even when it was number one for 17 years, there was always characters I didn't like.

Thread Information