Thread: Holby City Spoilers 25th September 2018

Exclamation Holby City Spoilers 25th September 2018

Hanssen (Guy Henry) holds a fretful bedside vigil at the hospital, while Gaskell (Paul McGann) wrestles with his conscience over what he’s done. How far will he go to keep his secrets safe?

Fletch (Alex Walkinshaw) is missing Evie (Macey Chipping) and angrily blames Steven (Jesse Birdsall) for pulling his family apart. He’s riled further when Mikey (Kai O’Loughlin) turns up to visit his grandad. But is Mikey actually running from trouble?

Sacha (Bob Barrett) tentatively steps back into Holby after time off for his depression - and finds an unexpected source of support in Frieda (Olga Fedori).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (07-09-2018), Jules72 (13-09-2018), TaintedLove (08-09-2018)

Professor John Gaskell (Paul McGann) has gone to desperate lengths to keep his guilty secret under wraps in tonight’s Holby City by murdering fellow neurosurgeon Roxanna MacMillan (Hermione Gulliford) in scenes just shown on the BBC1 medical drama.

Gaskell had already sabotaged Roxanna’s potentially life-saving operation, an act that left her with locked-in syndrome, unable to communicate or move. But the evil medic went one step further this evening after Roxanna tried to spell out the danger that Gaskell posed using a board of letters.

Fearful that his duplicity would be exposed, Gaskell caused Roxanna to flatline by injecting a neurotoxin into her IV, thus ensuring that his colleagues wouldn’t discover the truth about the fact that his entire career is a fraud. For those unaware, Gaskell’s experimental trial is built on a fallacy, seeing as the original patient he supposedly ‘cured’ didn’t actually have motor neurone disease in the first place.

In an attempt to justify his actions to a helpless Roxanna, Gaskell was seen covertly whispering: “I know you understand. The only way of making history is to keep going.”

Leaning over Roxanna in her final moments, he added chillingly, “All those times I wavered, you gave me strength. I love you. I always have – you know that, don’t you?”

As Roxanna’s life slipped away, a distraught Hanssen looked on, while Gaskell ensured that he was well away from the scene of his crime. Viewers last saw him standing outside the hospital, staring into the distance, fully aware that he has now brought about his co-worker’s untimely demise

Speaking about her exit from the series, Hermione Gulliford said to RadioTimes.com: “I really loved being welcomed into the Holby family, which is made up of such a friendly, talented and committed bunch of people. So it was hard to say goodbye to Roxanna, who I’ve really enjoyed playing.”

Executive producer Simon Harper added that it had always been the intention for Roxanna to come to a tragic end: “Hermione has been in that unique position of knowing her character was going to be killed off from the top, which she handled with great grace and aplomb – as well as giving the most wonderful, nuanced performance as Roxanna.

“We’ve been so lucky to have this wonderful actor on board in this huge story.”
    Last edited by kaz21; 25-09-2018 at 22:11.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

hward (25-09-2018)

He is one evil creep, makes my skin crawl

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (26-09-2018)

Aggghhhhh.

Can they not just have CCTV of him and then lock him up?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

hward (26-09-2018), kaz21 (26-09-2018)

Surely since she'd just been showing signs of improving to suddenly seemingly go like that should surely need some sort of investigation as to why and then find that she was given something? And as much as I don't like Meena will she be charged with causing her death since she was the one who hit her?

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    Surely since she'd just been showing signs of improving to suddenly seemingly go like that should surely need some sort of investigation as to why and then find that she was given something? And as much as I don't like Meena will she be charged with causing her death since she was the one who hit her?
    I can't remember the name of the drug he gave her else I'd look it up and see how noticable it is in an autopsy.
    Surely if they look at her brain they'll see the tie he left on?

Thread Information