Thread: Juliet (Niamh Blackshaw)

Exclamation Juliet (Niamh Blackshaw)

Hollyoaks bosses have announced that Romeo Quinn's sister is joining the soap's cast.

Niamh Blackshaw, who may be a familiar face to fans of Coronation Street, has been cast in the role of Juliet and will make her first appearance next month.

Juliet is the teenage daughter of prostitute Donna-Marie (Lucy-Jo Hudson) and has a close relationship with her big brother Romeo, who's always been her protector.

Show insiders have revealed that Juliet is damaged and vulnerable after her troubled upbringing and tends to lash out at the world by bullying others.

Speaking about her new role, Niamh commented: "I am so excited to be joining the cast of Hollyoaks. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and I can't wait to get started."

Niamh previously played the role of tragic Lara Cutler in a handful of Coronation Street episodes last year. Lara was one of the youngest victims of Nathan Curtis's grooming gang and later took her own life.

David Platt and Shona Ramsey team up to track down Lara in Coronation Street
    © ITV

In Hollyoaks, Niamh's character Juliet will be joining the local high school and will be in the same year as Ollie Morgan, Imran Maalik and Brooke Hathaway.

Prior to Juliet's arrival, Hollyoaks High will be re-opening later this month for the first time since the devastating explosion caused by Mac Nightingale – showing off a snazzy new look.

Hollyoaks High's new look
    © LIME PICTURES

Hollyoaks High's new look
    © LIME PICTURES

Digital Spy

dying as cancer terminal

Thread Information