Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Armstrong (Alice Wells)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    All they'd have to do is talk to each other, but they don't.

Yashvi talk to her parents about the advice Alice gave her (re: selling the ring).
    Dipi and Shane talk to Toadie about the lack of cleaning she did compared to the standards they have.
    Toadie talk to Nel about hiding under the house - secret or not, she's bound to say 'Aunty Alice told me to' or 'Aunty Alice said it's a secret..'.
    Karl should have said more about how she was in the pub with him.

All these things would raise eyebrows - but then again, they did hire her after knowing her for an afternoon.

I've just posted in a few threads and it feels like I'm being picky.. but I write for a living and Neighbours at the moment really tests my patience. You have to accept so many illogical things and make several leaps of faith to get from A to B in the storyline.

That says, to me at least, that the storylines are wrong - for the lack of a better term.

They aren't being constructed very well, and it seems that they've upped the guest appearances - like the Simpsons where characters are created for these guests rather than already having characters to fit into a story and then finding someone to play them.

Oh well. *shrugs shoulders*
    Dipi and Shane have talked to Toadie about the lack of cleaning Alice did.

As for " illogical things ", life isn't always logical is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Dipi and Shane have talked to Toadie about the lack of cleaning Alice did.

As for " illogical things ", life isn't always logical is it?
    Yeh they have, but that was it. They just accept the answer and move on. No follow ups.

I am not asking for it to be logical all the way, but at least make a bit of sense. They create holes in the plot to prolong the storylines. Classic soap opera, I guess, but it's worse when the character is a guest and they turn a - for example - 1 week storyline into a 4 week storyline by making you ignore something early on that would bring it all crashing down. Makes everyone involved look like idiots.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

badirene (21-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I agree, also the whole drugging Sonya things, just sits wrong with me.
    It's diabolical. What poor Sonya has to go through thanks to psycho mum and daughter. Also surely she'd know the effects of Codeine well enough to know something is not right

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

badirene (21-11-2018), kaz21 (21-11-2018)

Yeh they have, but that was it. They just accept the answer and move on. No follow ups.

I am not asking for it to be logical all the way, but at least make a bit of sense. They create holes in the plot to prolong the storylines. Classic soap opera, I guess, but it's worse when the character is a guest and they turn a - for example - 1 week storyline into a 4 week storyline by making you ignore something early on that would bring it all crashing down. Makes everyone involved look like idiots.
    They did the same thing to prolong the Finn storyline - Dipi never spoke to Sheila or Mark about seeing Finn, the tea box was conveniently placed in the perfect location to see everything, the camera somehow never ran out of power, Finn somehow managed to magically source identical outfits to Elly's within a day, Karl never met Patrick once at work.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zodiac999 For This Useful Post:

Anne N (21-11-2018), badirene (21-11-2018)

Does Alice want Toadie and her grand child to be with Andrea?

I like Alice, she is funny but I am confused by her agenda, why did she never apply for to take her grandchild, have sole custody?

Alice has also turned very pantomime baddy in the last couple of episodes with all the maniacal laughter. Nell would say something for sure. Kids are always grasses *speaks from bitter experience*
    Also how come David is everyone's GP? Totally unethical that he would treat people he knows personally.

Yes, she thinks if she gets rid of Sonya, toadie will get with Andrea. Nell would definitely tell. My friends little boy, was telling a friend, that I had fallen down stairs, kids have no filters.

I don't think it makes the characters look like idiots really. It's often how things happen in real life. Most fiction stories need to last quite a long time. It spoils it when it's over too soon IMO, perhaps with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Does Alice want Toadie and her grand child to be with Andrea?

I like Alice, she is funny but I am confused by her agenda, why did she never apply for to take her grandchild, have sole custody?
    Yeah she's hilariously bad. The interactions between her and her even crazier daughter amuse me. That is a good point though - she could have just applied for custody unless she has had mental/drug issues in the past that are well known

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

badirene (23-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
    Yeah she's hilariously bad. The interactions between her and her even crazier daughter amuse me. That is a good point though - she could have just applied for custody unless she has had mental/drug issues in the past that are well known
    how does no one smell the alcohol as she is well cut from drinking from her flask

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (24-11-2018), kaz21 (23-11-2018)

Thread Information