Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: harry potter and the Half Blood Prince... post reading anaysis (contains spoilers)

not long to go now til the next film comes out!

The Gryffindor sword was a Horcrux....wasn't it?

im not sure....i dont think so though

I need to re-read it!! I'm forgetting everything in it!

Possible Horcruxes
    Voldemort is believed to have created six Horcruxes, thus rending his soul into seven pieces (the last piece stayed with his body). Albus Dumbledore suspected that the items that were Voldemort's Horcruxes were:

Marvolo Gaunt's ring, hidden in Gaunt's shack (this Horcrux was destroyed by Dumbledore before the start of the school year in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, though the ring physically survives with its black stone now 'cracked down the middle')
    Tom Riddle's diary (destroyed by Harry in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
    A locket once belonging to Salazar Slytherin and hidden in an underwater cave. This Horcrux was not recovered as it was replaced with a fake by an unidentified R.A.B.. It is uncertain if the orginal locket still exists or was destroyed. There is, however, "a heavy locket that none of them could open" found at 12 Grimmauld Place in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which also suggests a resonable identification of R.A.B.
    A cup once belonging to Helga Hufflepuff
    Either:
    An unknown item belonging to Godric Gryffindor (Dumbledore indicates that Gryffindor's only known surviving possession, his sword, is accounted for; it resides in a glass case in his office, though he overlooks the Sorting Hat as another possibility), or
    An unknown item belonging to Rowena Ravenclaw.
    The great snake Nagini (once Voldemort was unable to procure an item belonging to Gryffindor) (probably created in murdering Frank Bryce, an old groundskeeper living in Voldemort's father's garden hut)
    All of his Horcruxes have a special meaning to Voldemort, whether it be from a founder of Hogwarts where he felt most at home, or from a trophy of his torturous actions.

so dumbledore said the sword was accounted for - so i think that means it cant be a horcux

Hmmmmm.....I wonder what is then! Something belonging to either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor....???

Well well just have to wait an find out - although i dont think i can wait two + years

Me neither! It's gonna be such a long wait. I don't want it to end though,

oh dont say that - i dont even want to think about it being the last book

Thread Information