Thread: Mel's ex-husband Ray

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Mel's ex-husband Ray

EastEnders looks set to introduce a big storyline this autumn involving Mel Owen's mysterious ex-husband Ray.

He will reportedly arrive in Albert Square in the summer, according to Metro, and while initially quite smooth, this will conceal a darker edge that will shake things up for others on the show, particularly Mel and son Hunter.

It will also likely cause problems in Mel's budding relationship with Jack Branning, and may push Hunter – whose contact with Ray leads him to Albert Square – further over the edge.

Hunter Owen in EastEnders
    © BBC

Ray will apparently make his first appearance later on this summer, with casting yet to be finalised.

EastEnders had no comment when contacted by Digital Spy.

This isn't the only time Mel has been confronted by the past since she came back to Albert Square, with Ian Beale recently vowing to marry Mel again – despite them splitting 18 years ago.

Tamzin Outhwaite returned to Albert Square as Mel back in January after 16 years away from the soap, admitting at the time that producer John Yorke's offer to bring her back was one she "just couldn't refuse".

"John created Mel's most memorable storylines, so it is an honour that he has asked me to return. EastEnders is in my DNA and I always knew deep down that someday I would revisit Mel," she said.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-07-2018)

Thread Information