Thread: Romeo (Owen Warner)

Exclamation Romeo (Owen Warner)

Hollyoaks has confirmed who former Coronation Street star Lucy-Jo Hudson will be playing when she turns up on the Channel 4 soap.

It was reported earlier this month that Hudson had landed a "decent part" in Hollyoaks, after spending three years playing troubled Katy Harris in Corrie between 2002 and 2005.

Now, Hollyoaks has confirmed that she's been cast in the role of Donna-Marie, described as a "reckless woman" who is desperate to hide the truth of her heartbreaking past when she turns up on-screen.

Donna-Marie arrives in town with her teenage son Romeo, to be played by young actor Owen Warner in his TV debut. Romeo funds the family's lifestyle with a string of low-level thefts.

His latest get-rich-quick scheme involves getting into business with Prince McQueen (Malique Thompson-Dwyer) to host summer rave parties. We imagine those won't be going well…

© LIME PICTURES
    (Romeo)

The closing moments of the episode saw Romeo turn up in the village to meet his dad, having been spurred on by Donna Marie – who believes it's time that James knew everything.

Romeo ultimately decided against introducing himself to James this time, but how long until the truth comes out?

Digital Spy

romeo is getting a new older love, grace or mercedes maybe

Owen Warner has explained what will happen to his character Romeo while he leaves the soap to feature in this year's edition of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!

The actor was speaking to ITV ahead of entering the jungle, which is now back in Australia, and said: "My character has been written out whilst I take part in the programme. He has gone to Spain for a little bit.?

Thread Information