Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Liam Cavanagh (Jonny McPherson)

liam and cain that bromance needs more

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I do like their scenes

Much more.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-01-2020)

Emmerdale star Jonny McPherson has revealed that his character Liam Cavanagh will be left "devastated" by the upcoming plot with Gabby.

In new scenes, Gabby will make a false accusation about Liam as she tries to draw a wedge between him and Leyla.

Explaining that her accusation is "left quite ambiguous", Jonny admitted that "it's not a direct accusation at any point".

"But Gabby does sufficiently little for Leyla to get the wrong end of the stick and to think that Liam might have done something untoward," he continued.

"Liam is absolutely devastated. The idea of somebody that you love thinking you're capable of doing some inappropriate with someone who's 18, 19, and has effectively been a daughter, is so outrageously inappropriate. It goes beyond being angry or frustrated. He's absolutely devastated."

Asked whether Liam would be able to forgive Leyla for thinking the worst of him, he added: "I think to jump to a conclusion as quickly as Leyla does, that will be difficult to get over.

"It's the fundamental feeling of not being trusted. It's such a terrible thing to accuse somebody of, so it's very difficult to come back from."

Elaborating on whether Gabby's ongoing obsession with Leyla could become dangerous, Jonny revealed: "I think it's part of the reason why Liam wants to do as much as he can to support Gabby.

"He can see she's struggling with her mental health, she's feeling abandoned after being left alone after Bernice's departure. Liam is trying to firmly but kindly steer her away from Leyla, but it's coming to a crescendo."

Digital Spy

Emmerdale star Jonny McPherson has opened-up about his real-life romance with co-star Natalie J Robb, admitting they are having a "lovely time".

The Liam Cavanagh and Moira Barton actors, who confirmed their relationship over the summer, started dating in January after a trip to Lapland last year ignited a spark, and swiftly moved in together during the first UK lockdown a few months later.

Speaking about making that big decision, Jonny told the Daily Mirror: "We had to make a decision as lots of couples did. We decided to move in together and so, yes, lockdown did fast forward our relationship."

"We get on so well," he explained. "We come from quite different backgrounds but we are essentially the same person. We are both a pair of big kids. We have exactly the same stupid humour.

"There is nowhere to hide during lockdown. It's a real test of whether you do get on with a person and thankfully we got through with flying colours. We hadn't spent any proper time together until that Lapland trip and we got on like a house on fire."

Speaking around their one year anniversary, Jonny added: "We are just shy of a year and it's still early days but we are having a lovely time.

"I have learnt so much from Natalie. She has been working on TV since she was knee high. We both love the work so much, we spend whole evenings discussing scripts and learning lines."

Jonny also said he would like children one day, admitting that it is "definitely a possibility".

"But I am so lucky as Natalie and I both love acting and as long as I'm working then I am delighted. I have a fantastic job and Natalie is wonderful, too."

Digital Spy

Jonny McPherson has opened up over his unique living arrangements after splitting from co-star Natalie J Robb.

The actor, best known for his soap role as Liam Cavanagh, has been living on a 60ft narrowboat on and off for the past four years.

liam lashes out blaming liv, will it stop her drinking or increase the drinking

liam lashes out blaming liv, will it stop her drinking or increase the drinking
    My guess is it will increase

I think Jonny is doing a good job as the grieving father Liam

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-07-2021)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...h-new-romance/

Emmerdale executive producer Jane Hudson has hinted that a new romance is on the cards for Liam Cavanagh.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press about the upcoming storyline, Hudson said: "We've got a more light-hearted story with Liam - our Dr Cavanagh, or should we be saying Dr Love?

"There's going to be something that I think will take you all by surprise and it starts off as quite a fun story but at the heart of it there is something serious, which will come out further down the line."

Hudson added: "But it's a great story. We'll see Liam and another character in a way we've perhaps not seen them before, so I can't wait for you to watch that."

Liam's love life has been anything but smooth in recent months, given he split from his wife Leyla Cavanagh towards the end of last year, after cheating on her with his ex-fianc? Bernice Blackstock.

Liam ended up locking lips with Bernice once again over Christmas, though she was left horrified after Liam vomited on her shoes.

It sounds like things are looking Liam up for Liam though, and he's not the only singleton gearing up for a summer romance.

Hudson recently revealed that Belle Dingle will find a new love interest in Jimmy King's nephew Tom, who returns to the village after a 10-year absence next week.

"Of course Tom and Belle have a history, which ? when they see each other ? they rekindle," she said. "We will be on a journey with Tom and Belle for quite some time as we play out the story."

Thread Information