Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Den Watts

Dirty Den: Messages From The Grave

Found this on Supanet, haven't seen it posted anywhere:

Dirty Den from beyond the grave

EastEnders fans who thought they had seen the last of Dirty Den are in for a shock after he makes an appearance from beyond the grave.

The conniving con-man met his maker for the second time on the BBC show after he was hammered to death by Chrissie Watts, played by Tracy-Ann Oberman, in the soap's biggest storyline of the year.

But after his body is discovered under the Queen Vic cellar, his voice is heard again - reading a letter found by adopted daughter Sharon, played by Letitia Dean.

It will not be the recognisable gravely drone of Leslie Grantham, however, as BBC bosses were forced to search out a soundalike to take his place after relations between the two parties soured irretrievably.

Actor Grantham was sacked after reports about his private life appeared in the tabloid press and his departure from the show is certain to be for good.

"We are recruiting a soundalike to duplicate Dirty Den's voice for the reading of the letter," a BBC insider told the Daily Star.

"The letter will contain bombshell revelations for Den's nearest and dearest as he tries to justify and condone his behaviour in writing."

Well, it doesn't sound too bad - at least he's not actually back,

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Richard Arnold said on GMTV this morning that he was going to be discovered in September as well

A soundalike - hmm - can anyone do any good impressions? You could land yourself a part in Eastenders!! Where is this letter going to come from - didn't Chrissie throw away all his stuff?

so he is definely going to be dead but read the letter out that he wrote for sharon is that right i am confused.

I hope he does come back it will be really rubbish if he did think about it.

Oh it sounds great

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    What has Den got to confess ?? I'm sure Sharon and Dennis really want to know the truth about why he slept with Zoe and don't they know that already?? I think its a bit daft really, its not as if he can tell everyone that Chrissie dealt the fatal blow!

I wonder what it is?
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

There's nothing to say he even talks about his death, obviously that would be impossible.

I think it's probably some stuff he wrote in a letter to try to explain his seedy behaviour but he just never got round to sending it. Some people write letters just to let their feelings out. Maybe Sharon could find it and it could be one of them voice over things where she is reading the letter and it's just Den's voice in her head. That wouldn't be stretching credibility too far although it's an unusual special effect for a soap.
    Last edited by Treacle; 11-07-2005 at 15:36.

it sounds to me like they are probably trying to get leslie to do his voice,and their just letting him know that if he dosn't they'll get someone else to do it,to make it credible it would be better if he did it,cos is voice is very recognisable and if it isn't done properly it'll just be pathetic

i know yeh it sounds really good

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

Thread Information