Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holby City 2018

Exclamation Holby City 2018

Holby City star Rosie Marcel has teased that another main character will be killed off.

The actress, who plays Jac Naylor on the BBC One hospital drama, revealed in a recent interview that one of the soap's main characters will meet their end "fairly soon". Gulp.

"They are going to kill off someone fairly soon actually," Rosie told Inside Soap.

"And that's a main character, so there really is no fear when it comes to doing stuff like that.

"Who knows what will happen to Jac?"

We don't know which character Rosie is referring to, although we do know that Holby City hasn't had much trouble killing off its main characters as of late.

In December, the soap said goodbye to beloved doctor Raf di Lucca (Joe McFadden).

Raf was killed off in one of the's soaps most shocking ever exits, which almost also saw the end of Jac herself.

After nearly four years in the show, he became a victim of Henrik Hanssen's son Fredrik, who'd targeted the hospital's staff in a shooting rampage in a two-part special.

The dramatic scenes were followed by actor and Strictly Come Dancing winner Joe visiting his own memorial in the show's hospital. A little creepy, no?

So, who will be next to meet their maker? Guess we'll find out "soon" enough.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (31-05-2018)

So long as it's not Dom, Jac, Fletch, or Frieda...although wasn't Frieda only supposed to be back for six months? Personally I hope it's Gaskell that goes, can't stand him.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-06-2018), Brucie (06-06-2018), kayuqtuq (31-05-2018), kaz21 (31-05-2018), Rear window (31-05-2018)

Well it isn't Frieda who dies then, which I'd honestly convinced myself it was going to be. Jac while Gaskell is operating perhaps?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

Brucie (06-06-2018), Rear window (07-06-2018)

Is it going to be Jac????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jj9961 View Post
    Is it going to be Jac????

Bound to be.
    I might stop watching it then.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

hward (07-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Bound to be.
    I might stop watching it then.
    I agree. If it is Jac who gets killed off then I will also no longer be watching. For me Jac is Holby City.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-06-2018), Rear window (07-06-2018)

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holb...r-death-hints/

Holby City has revealed two big death hints in its new trailer, suggesting that Jac Naylor or Essie Harrison could be the unlucky victim.

Rosie Marcel – who plays Jac – recently confirmed that a main character will be killed off in the coming month, leaving fans to speculate over who it could be.

With no further information available at the time being, the show's recent summer trailer has naturally set tongues wagging – with both Jac and Essie facing worrying health battles.

Viewers know that Jac is already facing a bleak future after discovering that her recent gunshot wound will eventually leave her wheelchair bound.

BBC Holby City

@BBCHolbyCity
    HAPPY TUESDAY, HAPPY SUMMER!! ☀️�� ❤️ #HolbyCity https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0696n52

10:00 PM - Jun 5, 2018
    214 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    With this in mind, Jac has signed herself up for John Gaskell's potentially life-saving operation that pioneers stem cell research – convinced that it's her only chance of making a full recovery.

Sadly, the trailer suggests that more bleak times are on the way for Jac, while Essie also finds herself having a health scare of her own. Is one of them going to meet their maker?

Speaking to Inside Soap, Rosie said: "They are going to kill off someone fairly soon actually. And that's a main character, so there really is no fear when it comes to doing stuff like that. Who knows what will happen to Jac?"

Other noticeable moments in the trailer include Bernie's return and subsequent reunion with Serena, Lofty popping the question to Dom, and a Casualty crossover when Ethan Hardy makes an appearance.
    Last edited by Perdita; 07-06-2018 at 12:39.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (07-06-2018), Rear window (07-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    I agree. If it is Jac who gets killed off then I will also no longer be watching. For me Jac is Holby City.
    Agree 100%! How can they kill her off!? I see where they’re going with the gunshot wound but Holby is nothing without her. I definitely won’t be interested to watch. She gives the show so much energy. I bet this is what’s going to happen...as she’s dying, Fletch is finally going to kiss her. Wow

Agree 100%! How can they kill her off!? I see where they’re going with the gunshot wound but Holby is nothing without her. I definitely won’t be interested to watch. She gives the show so much energy. I bet this is what’s going to happen...as she’s dying, Fletch is finally going to kiss her. Wow

It'll be another tragic love story if they do.. and yes perhaps the wounding of her thus making her unfixable except by dangerous risky lunatic surgery is a step too far. She'll die. Gaskell will leave and that'll be the end of that.

It'll be crap.
    I thought Raf going was harsh, but Jac dying will be too much.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-06-2018), jj9961 (13-06-2018)

It's a complete waste if they do kill her off and we're left with wooden characters like Gaskell and that Meena lass. I'd even put up with a love triangle between Jac/Fletch/Abigail if it means Jac ssurvives. Oh, and I thought Essie had left?

Edit - Having watched the trailer I don't think Jac dies as there's clips where she's dressed as if working and appears to be walking fine. I'm back to thinking it's Frieda.
    Last edited by hward; 07-06-2018 at 17:16.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (07-06-2018), Rear window (08-06-2018)

Thread Information