Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Stocks (James Moore) - Charity's son

Exclamation Charity's secret son

Emmerdale has seemingly confirmed rumours that Charity Dingle has a secret son.

The huge twist was revealed in the closing moments of Wednesday's episode (April 11), as Charity was seen opening up a secret box of mementoes relating to a baby boy.

This week's episodes have seen Charity confide in her girlfriend Vanessa Woodfield about how she was groomed and raped by DI Bails at the age of 14.

Much to Charity's distress, Vanessa later betrayed her trust by trying to report the matter to the police on her behalf.

As the couple clashed over the situation in Emmerdale's latest episode, Charity angrily dumped Vanessa – but not before hinting that she'd only told her half of the story.

Soon afterwards, Charity let Vanessa think that she was heading upstairs at The Woolpack to sleep with a random guy.

In reality, a tearful and lonely Charity took out a box containing a blue hat, a rattle and other baby-related keepsakes.

In December, an unconfirmed tabloid newspaper report claimed that a huge new story for Charity would see her come face-to-face with her son again.

Show sources suggested that Charity gave the baby up for adoption when he was just days old, due to the tragic circumstances in which he was conceived.

Digital Spy

some online mutterings that simon the son

Omg that wouldn't surprise me with McLeod. It amazes me that Pete and Ross had no conversation after Connor threatened to come back after attacking Pete, when is Ross going to find out about Debbie?

I would laugh if it turned out to be Joe

Exclamation Ryan Stocks (James Moore) - Charity's son

Emmerdale has confirmed casting for Charity Dingle's long-lost son following Tuesday's bombshell twist.

In the flashback episode, viewers learned that Charity's (Emma Atkins) baby boy actually survived 27 years ago and has lived his entire life without knowing her. Charity is still unaware of this fact, herself.

However, she'll come face-to-face with her son in upcoming episodes when actor James Moore arrives in the Dales as Ryan Stocks. Ryan has Ataxic Cerebral Palsy, but makes it clear to his mum that he won't be defined by his disability.

With Charity struggling to come to terms with having inadvertently abandoned her child all those years ago, will she find forgiveness or resentment from Ryan?

Emmerdale (00:01 Wednesday May 30th): Ryan Stocks
    © ITV

"I'm so excited to have joined the Emmerdale cast," actor James Moore said today (May 30). "Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and I'm having a great time playing Ryan. I leapt a mile when I got the call and I was over the moon to hear that I had got the part."

Acting Series Producer Kate Brooks added: "We are absolutely delighted to welcome James to the show; an actor of real skill, talent and charisma. As to be expected with his Dingle heritage, the character of Ryan is feisty, funny and reckless, and with an unquenchable zest for life.

"Ryan will not only turn Charity's life upside down, but also the wider Dingle clan as his arrival throws a massive spanner in the works. As Ryan navigates his newfound family ties and connects with the mother he never knew he had, it unearths yet another layer to Charity.

His journey on the show is jam-packed with laughter, tears, unlikely friendships and with the odd unexpected twist thrown in for good measure."

On Tuesday, Emma Atkins teased that the "shock impact" of Charity learning of her long-lost son "will be huge" for Emmerdale.

"It is a big moment in her life, to discover that her child did actually survive," she said. "What would anyone think? You just have to be human to know that would knock anyone west, as it's such an enormity. The gravity of that is huge."

Digital Spy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (30-05-2018), tammyy2j (31-05-2018)

You think he'd be better looking. He looks like he could be Marlon's son.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigirl View Post
    You think he'd be better looking. He looks like he could be Marlon's son.
    I'm surprised that he's not a criminal, to be a Dingle you have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    I'm surprised that he's not a criminal, to be a Dingle you have to be.
    He has not had the Dingle family upbringing though

Is that Jesus?

can we expect joe to try and kill him

Thread Information