Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookside for sale!

Brookside for sale!

BROOKSIDE FOR SALE
    Chance to live a soap dream
    By Paul Byrne
    THE homes in TV's most famous cul-de-sac are going up for sale - for real.

And fans of ex-Channel 4 soap Brookside are expected to snap up the six star buys despite their grisly screen histories.

All 13 houses in the Close will cost around £250,000 apiece - though seven were used for offices, make-up and wardrobe.

So the half-dozen seen in the series that ended in 2003 after 21 years will be top targets.

Bought for £25,000 each in 1982 by Mersey TV, the Liverpool "des res" have had 35 deaths.

At the show's 1995 peak, nine million saw abused Mandy Jordache murder husband Trevor and get daughter Beth to help her bury him under their patio.

Other storylines included incest, drugs and lesbian love.

But estate agents GVA Grimley said: "That won't put people off. It's a unique sale as buyers get a scroll of the characters who lived in their home."

SETTING for the incestuous storyline that revealed brother and sister Nat and Georgia Simpson as lovers in 1998. Among other favourite residents were Lyndsey Corkhill (played by Claire Sweeney, inset) from 1999 to 2000, Terry Sullivan, Heather Haversham and Jonathan Gordon-Davies.

ABUSIVE husband Trevor Jordache was buried under the patio by wife Mandy - who stabbed him to death after he throttled her (inset) - and daughter Beth. Billy Corkhill and his family also lived there.

DRUG dealer Jack Michaelson was lynched from his own bedroom window in the last-ever episode in 2003. Other householders have included Ron Dixon and Bev McLoughlin (inset) from 1993 to 1997.

FIRST owners from 1982 to 89 were Bobby and Sheila Grant (inset), played by Ricky Tomlinson and Sue John-ston. House blown up by Cult leader Simon Howe, who died in blast. Other residents included Mick Johnson and Sinbad.

KATE Moses was shot dead by gunman John Clarke in a 1985 siege. But housemate hostages Sandra Maghie and Pat Hancock escaped. Other residents include five-times-wed Max Farnham (inset) - pictured with wife No1 Susannah, who was also his No4. She died in a stairs "fall". Patricia (2 and 3) and Jacqui were his other brides.

NOT such a tragic place to live - with more fun than fiendishness to be had from the fury of Harry Cross (inset) after his garden gnomes were kidnapped. The miserable pensioner who lived with Ralph Hardwick got postcards from all over the globe from his missing ornaments.
    Last edited by Treacle; 11-07-2005 at 15:10.

OMG. I'm going to make an appointment with the bank manager. If I don't even try to get one of these then I'll regret it for the rest of my life

I want one!!!

it would be weird living in a house used for brookside. In the corkhills they had the same curtains as us.

I wondered if they would ever do this, it's going to be so bizare.

Will it stay brookside close or will they change the name?

I hope they keep the name, it would be a shame to change it now.

It will remain Brookside Close. Brookside Close is the name of the actual street it's on anyways. The end part though (the cul de sac) was used as Brookside the tv programme.

Kool, they could never change it, it would be wrong.

oh my god am from liverpool i want one

Thread Information