Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodger Savage (Danny Mac)

Dodger Savage (Danny Mac)

Hollyoaks star Danny Mac has admitted that he wants his character Dodger Savage to have more scenes with the soap's villains.

Dodger found himself embroiled in the dark and dangerous world of Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) and Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) earlier this year when he was accused of stealing money from nightclub Chez Chez.

Mac told Inside Soap when asked whether he would like Dodger to have further involvement with the bad boys: "I absolutely love it when Dodger gets himself in big trouble, so yeah I would. I was excited about filming all that stuff as that was my first time getting to play with the 'big boys' in the show.

"I was very pleased when I watched those scenes for the first time too, because Dodger slotted quite well into their world. He's like a crap Jack Bauer from 24 - he'll always find his way out of any mess."

Mac, 23, also revealed that he would play the role of Dodger's geeky brother Will if he was given the chance to portray any other character.

"Dodger's not totally like me but I know a lot of guys like him, so playing Will would be a lot more of a test," he said.

Hollyoaks' Savage brothers joined the cast of the soap earlier this year.

Hollyoaks' Danny Mac has revealed ladies man Dodger Savage is set to meet his match.
    The soap star revealed he doesn't want the playboy to settle down, but that the hunky barman is set to meet a woman who doesn't fall for his charms.
    Danny said: "I think eventually he's going to meet someone that might be his match and then we'll see what Dodger's like when he's a bit more vulnerable and not so cocky and confident."
    He added: "I don't want him to settle down. But I want him to have that drive to. But for some reason he can't."
    Dodger has been enjoying the arrival of the new freshers at Hollyoaks Community College after getting a job in the student bar.
    Danny said: "It's been really great actually to be in that student bar and to be able to be amongst that excitement all those new faces that are really young and fresh and really exciting to be with. It was really nice and I'm really glad the writers stuck Dodger in there."
    He added he was enjoying working more with James Atherton, who plays his young brother Will. But he revealed the brothers are set to clash as Will doesn't like Dodger trying to hang out with his new student friends.
    He said: "Me and James are such good mates. We live together and it's really good to have that chance to work together.
    "In the upcoming weeks we've got some nice stuff that takes place between Dodger and his brother, being in too close proximity."

PA

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hollyoaks' Danny Mac has revealed ladies man Dodger Savage is set to meet his match.
    The soap star revealed he doesn't want the playboy to settle down, but that the hunky barman is set to meet a woman who doesn't fall for his charms.
    Danny said: "I think eventually he's going to meet someone that might be his match and then we'll see what Dodger's like when he's a bit more vulnerable and not so cocky and confident."
    He added: "I don't want him to settle down. But I want him to have that drive to. But for some reason he can't."
    Dodger has been enjoying the arrival of the new freshers at Hollyoaks Community College after getting a job in the student bar.
    Danny said: "It's been really great actually to be in that student bar and to be able to be amongst that excitement all those new faces that are really young and fresh and really exciting to be with. It was really nice and I'm really glad the writers stuck Dodger in there."
    He added he was enjoying working more with James Atherton, who plays his young brother Will. But he revealed the brothers are set to clash as Will doesn't like Dodger trying to hang out with his new student friends.
    He said: "Me and James are such good mates. We live together and it's really good to have that chance to work together.
    "In the upcoming weeks we've got some nice stuff that takes place between Dodger and his brother, being in too close proximity."

PA
    I think is it Ash and Will likes her too

Cool Danny Mac Interview

Hollyoaks star Danny Mac took home the 'Sexiest Male' prize at the 2011 Inside Soap Awards, and he'll now be hoping to do it all over again after receiving the nomination for the second year running.

As always, the Inside Soap winners will be determined by the public - but with longlist voting closing at the weekend, time is running out to support your favourites.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Danny to chat about his nomination and what's ahead for his cheeky character Dodger Savage.

Congratulations on your nomination for 'Sexiest Male' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "I'm buzzing - it's always nice to get nominated and it's massively flattering. I'm over the moon, really!"

You won the prize last year, so is there any pressure to do it all over again?
    "I suppose there's a little bit on the backburner, yeah! It's good to have got the nomination at least, as it hopefully shows I haven't gone downhill too much! (Laughs.) But winning it this year will be a tough one, I think, because there are some very attractive gentlemen in the category. We'll see what happens."

Is there anything you'd say for why soap fans should be voting for all things Hollyoaks this year?
    "I think it'd be nice for us to win some prizes, because with the mainstream Soap Awards it's purely down to numbers, whereas magazines like Inside Soap allow a programme like Hollyoaks to do really well and show where their strengths are. The fans of that magazine seem to be really loyal to Hollyoaks as well.

"I think we do deserve some awards. It's quite important for the cast and the show to be taking stuff home, so we just need anyone who is a fan to get behind us!"

What do you think the show's highlights have been this year?
    "Soap's best-kept secret with Lynsey Nolan's death was pretty fantastic, including all of the craziness afterwards with Sampson, Brendan, Walker and Joel. I also quite liked the festival week with Maverick Sabre including the spinoff 'Chasing Rainbows', which was really cool.

"We've had the homeless plot with George, and Steven [Roberts] did a great, great job with that storyline, and it's been nice to see Phoebe brought in with Jacqui and Rhys. Also, Jess Fox and Ashley Taylor Dawson dealing with the miscarriage storyline earlier this year was incredible."

We've seen more serious scenes for the Savages this summer, especially when they were impacted by the Silas dramas. How did you feel about taking on bigger storylines?
    "It's been so nice. I think Dodger came in to Hollyoaks as a character who people either took to or they didn't. He was very confident, cocky, full of life - and that's what I was playing last year. But this year things have changed, and I think that's another factor that may affect the 'Sexiest Male' category, because I haven't been playing sexy scenes for a while. I've actually not taken my top off that much in the last six months, so it's nice for me to really get my teeth stuck into something instead.

"It was nice that I came in as that cocky character, but the writers and the producers have decided that there's more to Dodger than just that. That's meant so much to me as an actor, because I've been able to play some serious stuff and he gets taken more seriously now. I don't see him as just a two-dimensional character who's going around trying to flirt with girls - he's got so much more depth to him."

Were you surprised that it took Dodger quite a while to support Will following the murder charge?
    "Yeah, it was a tough one to get to grips with from an acting point of view, because you think, 'Hold up - he's always been such a loyal person'. But I think it was because of how much Will's actions had affected Texas, who Dodger - whether he knows it or not - cares a lot for.

"So that's the way I played it - it came from a place where he was realising his feelings for Texas by how strongly she was affecting his decision-making. If it was another girl, I don't think he would have thought twice about it and he would have stuck by his brother from the start."

Are you pleased about the Savages moving out of the camper van and into the boat on the pond?
    "That's great, yeah. It's really good, actually. It took some getting used to at first as we were working out where the cameras would go, but we've started to churn it out more easily now and it's like our home. The camper van was ridiculous to shoot in, because it was so small!

"It's really nice to have a base, especially in a show like Hollyoaks. You think, 'God, they've just given our family this big set - bang in the middle of the village and right next to The Dog, one of the most well-known sets in soap'. It's brilliant, because you feel like a part of things more."

How is Dodger feeling about the news that Dirk isn't his real father?
    "It massively affects him, every single day. Because family is so important to him, it's one of the biggest things for him to deal with. Another factor is that Texas is the only other person who knows. Apart from her, Dodger is dealing with it on his own, and when it gets too much, he needs Texas there to help him deal with it too. So now that she's threatening to go abroad, it just throws things into the air even more."

Are you hoping Dodger will find his real father?
    "Definitely - that's what's driving me through storylines at the moment. That's the place where it inevitably has to go, for better or for worse. He needs to find out who his father is and get some questions answered.

"It's such a life-changing time for Dodger, but it's nice that it hasn't been one big stunt or one big drama. Instead, it's just slowly fizzling through the other stories and building up. It's really good to have a prolonged storyline."

We noticed some fans really liked Dodger's chemistry with Amy Barnes. Were you sad to see Ashley, who played Amy, leave Hollyoaks recently?
    "I was absolutely gutted, and I thought our two characters worked really well together. I did say to the producers once that if Dodger and Texas never worked out, how would Dodger be if he fell for someone with kids? It would be good to see how he'd deal with that extra responsibility - and I absolutely loved working with Ash."

What is it about Texas that stands out for Dodger?
    "I think it all comes back to the time they first met, and she was like a bird with a broken wing after what had happened to her sister. He was able to make things better as he got to know Texas.

"Usually, he wouldn't have gone near a girl that had issues like that - he would have steered well clear! But I think his conscience kicked in and he realised that he couldn't just sleep with this girl and then sack her off, because she's got so much other stuff going on.

"Maybe as Dodger's become more mature, he's realised how nice it is to be able to help someone. In return, she's been able to help him when he's had problems. He realises that he's found someone special."

As Silas has threatened to come back for Texas at some point, would you like to see another return stint for him?
    "It'd be amazing to have Silas back again. I don't think it would be very good for Texas if she stays around - would it really be third time lucky? That'd be a worry! But from an actor's point of view for Dodger, it'd be interesting to see what would come of that!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Pussycat1one (26-08-2012)

Hollyoaks' Dodger Savage becomes a murder suspect next week after Texas Longford is killed on her wedding day.

When Texas (Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove) is pushed from a window and to her death shortly after an argument with Dodger, all evidence seems to point to him being the killer.

We recently caught up with Danny Mac, who plays Dodger, to hear why his character is in the frame.

How do you feel about being part of such a big storyline?
    "It's fantastic. What's nice is that the story hasn't just come out of nowhere - it's been building for the two years that I've been at Hollyoaks. We've had two or three producers in that time, but they've all seemed to like it and they've made it grow. Now it's coming to such a big climax.

"I haven't seen the episodes yet, but fingers crossed they'll look as good as it felt when we were filming them. I'm really over the moon. Obviously it's a massive shame to lose Bianca, but if you're going to go, what better way to leave the show?"

Do you see it as your biggest storyline yet?
    "Yes, it's definitely the biggest - especially in terms of it being a challenge acting-wise as well. It also has big repercussions on other storylines. I think this will stay with Dodger for the rest of his time on Hollyoaks."

Dodger is one of the five suspects who have been named by Hollyoaks. Do you think he's capable of being a killer?
    "Definitely at the time of this happening, he is capable, as he's in such a major state emotionally. Also, after Texas is murdered, everything seems to lead towards Dodger in terms of the evidence."

What kind of evidence do the police have against him?
    "They have a CCTV image which is timed shortly after Texas's death, showing Dodger looking very distressed and panicked as he's leaving the wedding venue. Dodger also has a cut on his face which has DNA links with Texas. At first glance of the evidence, everything seems to be pinned on Dodger!"

How does Dodger cope with the questioning?
    "Dodger knows that he looks guilty, and he's still trying to deal with the fact that Texas is dead. He can't comprehend this situation and the pressure gets to him massively."

Things improve for Dodger when Patrick gives him an alibi. Is it a real one?
    "As far as I'm aware, it's just Patrick helping his son out! Without it, Dodger wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Patrick saves him."

How does everyone react when the police attention turns to Leanne?
    "It's a relief for the Savages and the rest of the village, because they think they've found out who's done it. All of the evidence starts to point towards her, so everyone is more than happy to believe that Leanne is guilty. Dodger is actually quite adamant that it must have been her, but that might change when he gets a chance to speak to her..."

Do you think Dodger will find love again?
    "I think it could be an interesting thing to explore. When you love someone and then lose that person, it's something that can never be fixed. Dodger is going to have to deal with that in any relationship that he has in the future."

Patrick and Sienna are both proving to be interesting characters. Are you enjoying having them in the mix?
    "Yeah, I'm loving working with Jeremy and Anna. They bring a whole new dynamic to the character of Dodger and the rest of the Savages, so it's really enjoyable. [Executive producer] Bryan [Kirkwood] is keeping a lot of cards close to his chest when it comes to the Blakes, so I'm quite excited to see what comes out of it."

Would you like Dodger to see Patrick's dark side?
    "I think the best way it can play out for the time being is for the audience to see Patrick's dark side, while Dodger stays oblivious to it. A lot of the storylines are based on what will happen when Dodger finds out.

"Dodger is a guy who's not meant to be sad and upset - he's meant to be the happy-go-lucky guy, but he's being torn away from that with all of the things that are happening to him. The final straw that breaks him could be finding out the truth about Patrick, but we're leaving that suspense for the audience. We have to build up to it!"

Would you like Dodger to share more scenes with his mum Anna?
    "Yes, as Saskia Wickham who plays Anna is fantastic. I'm so, so glad they cast her as she's just been brilliant. Whenever I read the scripts, I'm just so grateful that she's playing the character. Anna is a big part of Dodger's life so I'm looking forward to exploring that more."

Have you had many scenes with the Roscoe family?
    "I've had a couple of scenes where I'm in the same place as the Roscoes but our characters haven't really spoken, but then I've also had a scene where Dodger speaks directly to one of them. I think it's something that will be explored more in the future, as there are similarities between the characters."

How do you feel about being shortlisted for 'Sexiest Male' at the British Soap Awards again?
    "It's always flattering. At least I'm maintaining the same level at the minute - just don't ask me when it stops! (Laughs.) I'm over the moon and it's nice that there are two of us from Hollyoaks in the category, as Kieron [Richardson] is up for it too. Hollyoaks definitely is Britain's sexiest soap, so I'm glad that's been shown with the numbers on the shortlist."

There's still time to vote, so is there anything you'd say in support of Hollyoaks in the other categories?
    "I think the last 12 months have been huge for the show. The awards happen in May each year, so you have to bear in mind last summer's scenes too. We've had the Brendan and Ste storyline, as well as the dramas with the Bradys, Joel and Theresa in Hollyoaks Later, which were brilliantly executed.

"There's been loads of other highlights with Esther's storyline, the slow-burn introduction with the Blakes, and Darren and Nancy's struggles with their baby. It's all been dealt with so well, and the performances have been incredible.

"The bus crash should definitely win something - I've not seen much else on the soaps that's been so dramatic and of such a high standard. I'm so proud of Hollyoaks for that.

"We've also had fantastic actors and actresses who have left the show really dramatically, but in a really positive way that pushes the show forward for the other people who are still here. It's been that way with Scan leaving, Claire Cooper leaving and Andy Moss going, as well as all the kids in the bus crash. If that doesn't deserve an award, I don't know what does!

Hollyoaks' Dodger Savage becomes a murder suspect next week after Texas Longford is killed on her wedding day.

When Texas (Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove) is pushed from a window and to her death shortly after an argument with Dodger, all evidence seems to point to him being the killer.

We recently caught up with Danny Mac, who plays Dodger, to hear why his character is in the frame.

How do you feel about being part of such a big storyline?
    "It's fantastic. What's nice is that the story hasn't just come out of nowhere - it's been building for the two years that I've been at Hollyoaks. We've had two or three producers in that time, but they've all seemed to like it and they've made it grow. Now it's coming to such a big climax.

"I haven't seen the episodes yet, but fingers crossed they'll look as good as it felt when we were filming them. I'm really over the moon. Obviously it's a massive shame to lose Bianca, but if you're going to go, what better way to leave the show?"

Do you see it as your biggest storyline yet?
    "Yes, it's definitely the biggest - especially in terms of it being a challenge acting-wise as well. It also has big repercussions on other storylines. I think this will stay with Dodger for the rest of his time on Hollyoaks."

Dodger is one of the five suspects who have been named by Hollyoaks. Do you think he's capable of being a killer?
    "Definitely at the time of this happening, he is capable, as he's in such a major state emotionally. Also, after Texas is murdered, everything seems to lead towards Dodger in terms of the evidence."

What kind of evidence do the police have against him?
    "They have a CCTV image which is timed shortly after Texas's death, showing Dodger looking very distressed and panicked as he's leaving the wedding venue. Dodger also has a cut on his face which has DNA links with Texas. At first glance of the evidence, everything seems to be pinned on Dodger!"

How does Dodger cope with the questioning?
    "Dodger knows that he looks guilty, and he's still trying to deal with the fact that Texas is dead. He can't comprehend this situation and the pressure gets to him massively."

Things improve for Dodger when Patrick gives him an alibi. Is it a real one?
    "As far as I'm aware, it's just Patrick helping his son out! Without it, Dodger wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Patrick saves him."

How does everyone react when the police attention turns to Leanne?
    "It's a relief for the Savages and the rest of the village, because they think they've found out who's done it. All of the evidence starts to point towards her, so everyone is more than happy to believe that Leanne is guilty. Dodger is actually quite adamant that it must have been her, but that might change when he gets a chance to speak to her..."

Do you think Dodger will find love again?
    "I think it could be an interesting thing to explore. When you love someone and then lose that person, it's something that can never be fixed. Dodger is going to have to deal with that in any relationship that he has in the future."

Patrick and Sienna are both proving to be interesting characters. Are you enjoying having them in the mix?
    "Yeah, I'm loving working with Jeremy and Anna. They bring a whole new dynamic to the character of Dodger and the rest of the Savages, so it's really enjoyable. [Executive producer] Bryan [Kirkwood] is keeping a lot of cards close to his chest when it comes to the Blakes, so I'm quite excited to see what comes out of it."

Would you like Dodger to see Patrick's dark side?
    "I think the best way it can play out for the time being is for the audience to see Patrick's dark side, while Dodger stays oblivious to it. A lot of the storylines are based on what will happen when Dodger finds out.

"Dodger is a guy who's not meant to be sad and upset - he's meant to be the happy-go-lucky guy, but he's being torn away from that with all of the things that are happening to him. The final straw that breaks him could be finding out the truth about Patrick, but we're leaving that suspense for the audience. We have to build up to it!"

Would you like Dodger to share more scenes with his mum Anna?
    "Yes, as Saskia Wickham who plays Anna is fantastic. I'm so, so glad they cast her as she's just been brilliant. Whenever I read the scripts, I'm just so grateful that she's playing the character. Anna is a big part of Dodger's life so I'm looking forward to exploring that more."

Have you had many scenes with the Roscoe family?
    "I've had a couple of scenes where I'm in the same place as the Roscoes but our characters haven't really spoken, but then I've also had a scene where Dodger speaks directly to one of them. I think it's something that will be explored more in the future, as there are similarities between the characters."

How do you feel about being shortlisted for 'Sexiest Male' at the British Soap Awards again?
    "It's always flattering. At least I'm maintaining the same level at the minute - just don't ask me when it stops! (Laughs.) I'm over the moon and it's nice that there are two of us from Hollyoaks in the category, as Kieron [Richardson] is up for it too. Hollyoaks definitely is Britain's sexiest soap, so I'm glad that's been shown with the numbers on the shortlist."

There's still time to vote, so is there anything you'd say in support of Hollyoaks in the other categories?
    "I think the last 12 months have been huge for the show. The awards happen in May each year, so you have to bear in mind last summer's scenes too. We've had the Brendan and Ste storyline, as well as the dramas with the Bradys, Joel and Theresa in Hollyoaks Later, which were brilliantly executed.

"There's been loads of other highlights with Esther's storyline, the slow-burn introduction with the Blakes, and Darren and Nancy's struggles with their baby. It's all been dealt with so well, and the performances have been incredible.

"The bus crash should definitely win something - I've not seen much else on the soaps that's been so dramatic and of such a high standard. I'm so proud of Hollyoaks for that.

"We've also had fantastic actors and actresses who have left the show really dramatically, but in a really positive way that pushes the show forward for the other people who are still here. It's been that way with Scan leaving, Claire Cooper leaving and Andy Moss going, as well as all the kids in the bus crash. If that doesn't deserve an award, I don't know what does!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-05-2013)

Dodger Savage will face the wrath of the Roscoe brothers in Hollyoaks when they discover that he is having a fling with their mum Sandy.

The boys are convinced that Sandy (Gillian Taylforth) is having an affair with Jack Osborne, but the truth behind her mysterious behaviour comes out when they catch her with Dodger.

Dodger (Danny Mac) is chased shirtless through the village by the furious siblings, but it doesn't stop him from continuing his new relationship.

When the Roscoes later find a cocky Dodger in their kitchen and he winds them up about the romance, they decide to teach him a lesson.

Viewers will see Dodger bundled into a van, tied up and blindfolded by Joe (Ayden Callaghan) and Freddie (Charlie Clapham).

Joe and Freddie then try to terrify Dodger by making him believe that they've taken him to the top of a cliff to get their revenge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-07-2013)

how did dodger get with sandy and he got over texas very fast

Hollyoaks star Danny Mac has revealed his co-star Gillian Taylforth is one of the best kissers on the soap.

Dodger Savage (Mac) is currently having a fling with Sandy Roscoe (Taylforth), much to the dislike of her sons.

Mac told the Daily Star: "She's bang up there with the best of them, that's for sure. It's great because she's got good banter and she's soap royalty.

"It's so mad, because I used to watch her as a kid and she hasn't changed one bit. She looks better than ever."

Speaking about his character's on-screen romance with older woman Sandy, Mac added: "I'm the toyboy for a cougar.

"It's come about because there's a hot older woman in the village who has caught Dodger's eye. This romance is going to surprise people."

It was announced yesterday that Jesse Birdsall has been cast as Sandy's new love interest.

Hollyoaks charmer Dodger Savage made a decision he might live to regret as he slept with Maxine Minniver in the latest E4 first look episode (September 26).

The two characters have been through some tough times recently, but Dodger knows that he's made a mistake as his controlling father Patrick is still in love with Maxine and wants her back.

Earlier today, Digital Spy caught up with Danny Mac - who plays Dodger - to hear his thoughts on the storyline twist and what's coming up next on Hollyoaks.

Were you surprised by this storyline twist?
    "I was, actually! It was a strange one, because I've always seen Dodger as a very loyal person. I thought that he wouldn't do something like this to his dad, so it was morally quite strange to get my head around it, but then it's our job to find a way of justifying it. It was surprising, but it makes great drama and it leads to a great story. People can make mistakes and Dodger is just as human as everyone else."

How does Dodger feel about Maxine?
    "I think what happened makes total sense in a way, because Maxine is a very attractive girl and she is Dodger's age. Also, at this time, Patrick isn't actually with Maxine. It's a silly mistake, but Dodger does let himself fall for Maxine and I think his feelings are really strong.

"Dodger's feelings actually take him by surprise. When he was with Sandy, it was just a physical thing and that was it. With this story, I think Maxine is perfect for Dodger. After losing Texas, Dodger does need to move on and I don't think there's anyone more perfect in the village. She's so lovely, bubbly and fun.

"The worst thing is that Maxine becomes unobtainable again very quickly, which is another attractive trait in anyone!"

Does Dodger want to keep what happened a secret, or is there part of him that wants to be honest with Patrick?
    "I don't think Dodger wants to be honest in any way, shape or form! There's definitely something about Patrick which puts the fear in anyone - maybe it's the whole headteacher thing that he's got going on!

"If it was Dirk, I think Dodger would come clean in the knowledge that Dirk would forgive him for anything. With Patrick, for Dodger it's a fear of losing him again. He's only just found his dad and it's nice to have someone around who loves him. Patrick hasn't got a bad word to say about Dodger at the moment, and he also confides in him quite a lot. Dodger loves having that in his life.

"What you'll see is that Dodger feels so bad about what happened, so he wants to put it all behind him, even though he likes Maxine. There's no way he wants to tell Patrick the truth."

Would you like Dodger to see Patrick's true colours?
    "I would, but I'm not sure any of us know what Patrick's true colours are yet! One day definitely, but Dodger is already finding out so much about everyone that it's breaking my heart! (Laughs.)"

Were you sad to see Saskia Wickham leave recently when her character Anna was murdered?
    "I was really sad to see Saskia go. There was always going to be drama for Dodger and his mum, whoever was going to play her. When Saskia came in, it was even better because of how amazing she was. Saskia was lovely and she really settled in well at Hollyoaks. We were all so close and it was like having a mum out of nowhere, even off set!

"On a personal note, it was sad to see her go and it was sad to lose her from a dramatic point of view too, as it would have been nice to see more played out with Dodger and his mum. At the same time, I think I think it has worked well for the story, which has been brilliant."

Earlier this week, Hollyoaks released an autumn trailer which previewed some big drama for Dodger. Are you excited for the viewers to see what's coming up?
    "I cannot wait! The stuff that I've had the privilege to film recently has been outstanding. The whole studio and everyone involved in Hollyoaks is just so excited. Everyone has been working so hard and it's relentless, but it's some of the best work that my fellow actors have done and it's some of the best stuff that I've been asked to do. To be so hands-on with it all has been brilliant.

"The trailer we've released is just perfect. It hints at what's going to happen, but it doesn't give away any secrets. It's actually not even a fraction of what's going to happen! It's going to be so good."

It's been your biggest year yet on the show. How do you look back on it?
    "It's been challenging and exciting. I feel like we've really got stuck in, so it's also the most tired I've been, but it's always for the best reasons. We're definitely not going home fed up! It has been our biggest year and I was even saying to James [Atherton, who plays Will] recently that when you look back on our entrances two and a half years ago, would you ever have thought these characters would have got to this place?

"It's the massive, amazing thing about soap that these things can happen. I'm so pleased that it's gone this way and how the two brothers have developed. It's been excellent and I can't fault it."

Which other stories from the show have you enjoyed recently?
    "I think Nick Pickard's (Tony) story has been fantastic. The whole Sienna/Nancy/Darren thing has been as exciting as stories come. It's always good to hate certain soap characters, I think! We've had the Roscoe boys come in, and Greg Wood's character Trevor is such an excellent bad guy to have in the show. Kieron gave an amazing performance with the Ste and Pauline story, and it's nice to see Ste back as the scally as it gives him so much more of an edge."

With Ashley Taylor Dawson on Strictly Come Dancing this year, will you be tuning in every week?
    "Without fail! I can't wait to see him dancing round! I watched a video today of him rehearsing and he looks really good already. The best thing is that he doesn't look awkward at all - it looks like he's really comfortable and going for it.

"I'm rooting for him to win, and I don't want to speak too soon, but I think he's got a hell of a chance. Excuse the pun, but he can't put a foot wrong! He's the nicest guy, he's a family man and you can't imagine anyone not liking him."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (27-09-2013)

Thread Information