Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kathy to Return from Oz

Kathy to Return from Oz

According to todays Sunday Mirror

MAL TO SHOCK EM

Jul 17 2005

Dale beauty makes surprise TV return

Exclusive By Suzanne Kerins

FORMER Emmerdale beauty Malandra Burrows is set to make a shock return to the Yorkshire soap.

Blonde Malandra, 39, who played unlucky-in-love Kathy Glover for 17 years, is coming back to attend the screen funeral of the show's Seth Armstrong.

An insider said last night: "Malandra was one of the most popular characters on Emmerdale. Her return is a huge coup."

The storyline will see Malandra's character Kathy, who emigrated to Australia in 2001, come back to Yorkshire for Seth's send-off. Actor Stan Richards, 74, who played gamekeeper Seth for 27 years, died in February.

The ITV1 soap's scriptwriters wrote Seth out of the series with a storyline that also saw him head to Australia. The insider added: "Seth has died over there and Kathy will bring him back to be buried in the place he loved most - the Dales."

Before leaving Yorkshire, Kathy was involved in a series of dramatic stories including teetering on a cliff edge in a car with crazed Graham and being jilted by Biff at the altar.

Malandra also landed a £500,000 record deal, but was dropped after a series of flops.

Sunday Mirror
    Last edited by alan45; 17-07-2005 at 10:43.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

aww bless that sounds good idea.
    How long is she staying for?
    I wounder how Betty finds out Seth is dead?

Former Emmerdale star Malandra Burrows is returning to the soap.

The actress, who played Kathy Glover, agreed to make an appearance for Seth Armstrong's funeral.

"Malandra was one of the most popular characters on Emmerdale," an insider told the Sunday Mirror. "Her return is a huge coup."

Stan Richards, who played Seth, passed away in February. He was written out of the soap after becoming ill, in a storyline which saw his character moving to Australia.

The source added, "Seth has died over there and Kathy will bring him back to the place he loved most - the Dales."

Going to be good to see some talent back in the programme

i liked her, hopefully it isnt just a drop in and out visit

I think it's only about a few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    I think it's only about a few episodes.
    its poiuntless then really...saying that at least the soap recognises past friends and family

in shows like enders and corrie major family relatives dont turn up for their family/friends weddings/funerals etc...i know sometimes it isnt possible but it is very unrealistic

That's true. It's nice that Aunt Sal always turns up for the Mitchell do's though in EE. They've kept that continuity there.
    It wouldn't be the same if Kathy didn't return home with Seth for his funeral.

hopefully she is the same person as well

If I remember rightly, Malandra Burrows was axed from the show. I'm sure she could be persuaded to stay on...

A new character called Avril will be joining the dales. Avril will be played by the actress Melanie Hill, who shot to fame as Aveline Boswell in the sitcom Bread. She is looking for love and will set her eyes on Bob, which causes ructions with Viv.

Thread Information