Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 7th - 11th May

Exclamation Corrie Spoilers 7th - 11th May

As Toyah and Peter show off their bundle of joy, Aidans in turmoil and Eva is stunned when he arrives at the cottage for a visit.

Has he guessed the truth about the little girl?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (29-04-2018)

Exclamation Corrie Spoilers 7th - 11th May 2018

Monday (1)

Alone, Aidan is deep in thought, but he's forced to snap out of it and head to Johnny's leaving party at The Rovers. With the party in full swing, Aidan gives Johnny a farewell present as everyone raises a toast to Jenny and Johnny.

Toyah is happily watching Susie being passed round the pub, but when Sally goes to hand Susie to Aidan, she panics and swoops in. Aidan and Toyah's eyes meet, and while Toyah quickly looks away, Aidan continues to look at Susie. Is he piecing it all together? Finding an opportunity, Aidan picks up Susie, battling to make sense of it all.

Later at the cottage, Eva is on the phone to Toyah when there's a knock on the door. She's shocked to see Aidan.

Meanwhile, Peter and Toyah make a fuss of baby Susie, but it's tinged with guilt for Toyah as Leanne expresses her upset that Eva isn't coming back.

Elsewhere, Bethany confides in Sarah that she's thinking about being more than friends with Craig. At Speed Dahl, Craig tries to open up to Bethany, but he's embarrassed as waitress Kayla interrupts and mocks him.

Also, having seen how miserable Flora is in her care home, Daniel asks Sally if any of her council contacts can help.

Finally, Gail vows to be there for David and the kids whatever happens at his plea hearing. She tries to get David to open up to her but he storms out, leaving Gail seriously worried.

Monday (2)

Admitting that he found the address for the cottage in Toyah's handbag, Aidan apologises to Eva for how he spoke to her when he found out she was pregnant.

Eva is confused as to what exactly Aidan knows, but when Aidan brings up Susie, Eva bursts into tears and tells him she's sorry. Soon afterwards, Eva discovers that Aidan has purposely left her engagement ring.

Later, when Toyah video calls Eva at the cottage, she panics on seeing Aidan's coat on the sofa. Eva tells Toyah about Aidan's visit and how she thinks he wants to get back together. Back on the street, Toyah goes to speak to Aidan.

Meanwhile, Craig tells Kayla about his OCD and she apologises. As she interrupts their meal again, Craig is amused by her eccentric personality but Bethany is annoyed, even more so when Kayla gives Craig her number!

Elsewhere, Emma confides in Maria about David being distant with her, admitting that they've only slept together once and he freezes if she goes near him. Maria confronts David, but he tells her to back off and then tries to break up with Emma.

Also, Robert tries to get Carla and Michelle to make peace.

Finally, Sally tells Daniel she can't help Flora.

Wednesday

Warning: This article contains discussion of suicide, which some readers may find upsetting.

Hour-long episode

Eva toys with her engagement ring, hoping it's a sign that Aidan wants to try again. However, when Aidan doesn't arrive to open up at the factory, Johnny presumes that he's slept in and lets himself into Aidan's flat. He finds a note in Aidan's handwriting and then forces his way into the bathroom.

Johnny calls Carla, who comes to the flat. He also lets the police and paramedics inside, breaking the awful news that Aidan has taken his own life. The police confirm Aidan's suicide and the Connors are overwhelmed with grief.

Meanwhile, David announces he's going to attend court alone and doesn't want any support. He emotionally hugs Max and Lily, aware that he might not be coming home. When Maria reveals that Aidan has killed himself, David is floored – aware of his own suicidal thoughts.

As Imran drives him to court, David suddenly leaps out of the car and runs off. Shona finds him sitting alone in the urban garden, where desperate to unburden himself, David reveals he was raped by Josh.

Suicide is preventable. Readers who are affected by the issues raised in this story are encouraged to contact Samaritans on 116 123 (www.samaritans.org), or Mind on 0300 123 3393 (www.mind.org.uk). CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) also has helplines available from 5pm to midnight, 365 days a year, on 0800 58 58 58 (nationwide) and 0808 802 58 58 (London) (www.thecalmzone.net/).

Readers in the US are encouraged to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline on 1-800-273-8255 or visit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

Friday

Gail is worried sick as David still hasn't returned. In the urban garden, David continues to open up about his rape ordeal. Shona suggests that if he won't go to the police, David should see a counsellor. However, David is adamant that no-one can know as he couldn't cope with the shame.

As they return to the Platts' hand in hand, Gail is relieved. However, the police arrest David for failing to appear at court. As he's bundled into the police car, the fear on his face is evident. Will Shona maintain her silence?

Later, Shona confronts Josh, telling him she knows he's a rapist.

Meanwhile, after a sleepless night, Johnny is convinced that something must have happened to cause Aidan to take his own life. When Kate labels Aidan's actions as selfish, Johnny snaps at her for speaking ill of her dead brother. Kate's anger dissolves.

Later, Johnny is distraught, blaming himself for failing to see what Aidan must have been going through. Jenny feels useless.

Elsewhere, making out she's back from America, Eva arrives at The Rovers. Emotional, she cuddles baby Susie and tells Toyah that she can definitely see a likeness to Aidan.

Also, in an attempt to bury thoughts of Aidan's death, Adam gets drunk in the Bistro and chats up a young woman called Niamh.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-05-2018 at 07:34.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-05-2018)

Hopefully this storyline will boost the number of calls to the suicide hotline, just like David’s storyline did with the rape crisis one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-05-2018), tammyy2j (01-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by olivia1896 View Post
    Hopefully this storyline will boost the number of calls to the suicide hotline, just like David’s storyline did with the rape crisis one
    I hope it is handled well but I am not looking forward to it

It's going to affect so many characters, not just his family. I really hope Carla doesn't hit the bottle again - she's going to feel guilty that he donated a kidney to her when he had so much going on in his head.

I do not want it pushing Johnny to Liz for an affair, I like him and Jenny who I think will do amazing in this storyline

I wonder would Aidan's family go for custody of his daughter if Eva still does not want her or if anyone will believe Eva had a baby which I think will come out by the photographer's photo

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-05-2018), mysangry (03-05-2018)

I think there is enough proof. First of all, the birth certificate is a true picture, Eva is named as mother. Though this will not be the one Peter sees. The difference will be clear to anybody familiar to birth certificates. Then Jacqui's miscarriage is easy to prove. Eva will be desperate to have any part of Aiden and so I can't imagine she will leave "Susan" with Toyah and Peter. The whole Connor family will support her.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I do not want it pushing Johnny to Liz for an affair, I like him and Jenny who I think will do amazing in this storyline

I wonder would Aidan's family go for custody of his daughter if Eva still does not want her or if anyone will believe Eva had a baby which I think will come out by the photographer's photo
    eva lies to johnny

aidan guesses the truth i think about toyah's baby being eva's

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    The whole Connor family will support her.
    Not so sure ... the way she mucked him about she had a part to play in this.

Wondering if Toya is the final straw ... she is supposed to go and see him about keeping quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    Not so sure ... the way she mucked him about she had a part to play in this.

Wondering if Toya is the final straw ... she is supposed to go and see him about keeping quiet?
    how can toyah and eva live with the guilt knowing they contributed to aidan taking his own life, how can they face his family

Thread Information