Thread: Martha Stewart (Belinda Giblin)

Exclamation Martha Stewart (Belinda Giblin)

Home and Away airs a life-changing moment for Alf Stewart next month as his first wife Martha comes back from the dead.

Alf (Ray Meagher) recently shocked his daughter Roo by revealing that Martha didn't really die in a boating accident in the '80s – a secret that he'd kept from her for many years.

Scenes airing on Channel 5 in May see Roo (Georgie Parker) return from a trip to find clues on Martha's whereabouts.

Roo is disappointed to report that the mission didn't throw up any new leads, so she's decided to put the search on the backburner for the time being.

Roo Stewart tells Alf that she's leaving to find her mum in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5
    Finally making peace with Alf and moving back home, Roo suggests that if it's meant to be, she will meet Martha one day.

Roo's words prove to be surprisingly prophetic, as Martha (Belinda Giblin) pops up just two days later – much to everyone's surprise.

After spending the afternoon playing basketball with his girlfriend Coco and their friend Raffy, Ryder Jackson notices that a mysterious woman has been hanging around the house.

When Ryder points out the new arrival to Alf, the Summer Bay legend is stunned to see that it's Martha. What has brought her back to the Stewarts' lives after all these years?

Prior to the recent revelation, Martha was thought to have died in a boating accident in 1985, three years before Home and Away's first episode. She appeared briefly in the show in flashback scenes in 1989.

Ryder Jackson and Alf Stewart react to Martha's arrival in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Martha Stewart arrives in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday, May 4 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (21-04-2018)

was belinda in h&a or neighbours before?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    was belinda in h&a or neighbours before?
    Belinda has been in H&A before - she played Cynthia Ross, Michael's first wife, in about 10-12 episodes in 1991. She also played a character named Catherine Clements for an episode or two in 1998. She has been in many, many Aust shows over the years, but I don't think she has ever been in Neighbours.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-04-2018)

Home and Away has kicked off Alf Stewart's new romantic storyline by bringing back his first wife Martha.

The Summer Bay soap is giving Alf a fresh chance of happiness by reintroducing Martha, who was at the centre of a huge storyline twist last year.

This week's Australian episodes on Channel 7 have seen Belinda Giblin reprise her role as Martha, after Alf made the impulsive decision to get in touch with his old flame.

Shaken by the shock shooting of Willow Harris, Alf realised that life was too short and made contact with Martha in a spontaneous phone call.

In heartwarming scenes, Alf and Martha have begun to reconnect as friends – but Leah Patterson-Baker (Ada Nicodemou) and Marilyn Chambers (Emily Symons) are both convinced that it could lead to more.

Home and Away legend Ray Meagher, who plays Alf, told Aussie magazine TV Week: "He's apprehensively pleased that she's around. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

"I'm delighted Belinda is back – we've known each other for around 40 years. The first time we ever worked together was in a black-and-white episode of Matlock Police in the '70s, so I'm thrilled to be back together on screen."

Up until last year, Home and Away fans thought that Martha had died in a boating accident in 1985 – three years before the Aussie soap's first episode.

Alf came clean with his daughter Roo about how Martha was actually still alive and out there somewhere, which paved the way for her much-hyped arrival in 2018.

Home and Away's UK fans will see Martha's latest return on March 14 on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

she looks like an older kylie minogue

Home and Away star Belinda Giblin has spoken to Digital Spy about Martha Stewart's long-term future in the show.

Friday's episode for UK fans (March 20) sees Martha tie the knot with Home and Away's sole remaining original character Alf (Ray Meagher). The romantic scenes first aired in Australia in January.

Martha is Alf's first wife, who was presumed to be dead for the first 29 years of Home and Away. In 2018, viewers discovered that Martha was still alive and she began making guest appearances, reconnecting with Alf after so many years away.

In an exclusive chat with Digital Spy, Belinda has confirmed that viewers will be seeing more of Martha in the show from now on – although she's not currently classed as a full-time regular.

Belinda told us: "I'm not full-time, I'm a semi-regular. One of the reasons for that is that I do a lot of work on stage over here. And part of Ray's contract is that he takes a certain number of holidays each year, so when he leaves, I will leave.

"That means I'm out of it when Ray's out of it. When I get offered a stage play, I'll go off and do that. I've been doing a play recently. So I'm always going to be in Home and Away, but probably in and out with Ray.

"I'd like to be a full regular, but I don't know what the writers are concocting. Now Martha is married to Alf, I'm obviously going to be there."

Asked about the wedding, Belinda continued: "It's particularly poignant because Alf and Martha have been married before. Now they've renewed their vows, it's extra special. It's been 30 years and a lot has happened. I think the episode is very sweet.

"The lead-up to the wedding is a bit fraught. There's other drama happening around it, so it's not just one episode devoted to the wedding.

"When we were filming, we started the day very early and ended it very late. It must have been the hottest day in Australia at the time, so everyone was sweltering!"

Belinda also let us in on a secret regarding her involvement in Home and Away, revealing that Ray recommended her to play the role of Martha.

She said: "Ray and I have known each other since we were in our 20s. We did our first ever television job together. It was in black and white and it was a show called Matlock Police.

"Ray's character was a big of a thug in that and tried to kill me! So we've known each other for a very long time and been friends for all those years.

"When they decided to give Alf a new relationship, the writers thought it'd be a great idea to bring back his first wife, who hadn't been seen in the show before.

"I think Ray said that when they were deciding about the storyline and bringing Martha back, he had suggested me to play the role.

"It was lovely and we're such good friends. We get on famously. Georgie Parker who plays our daughter Roo is lovely too. The Stewart family unit is a lovely one to be part of."

Digital Spy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (21-03-2020), Pantherboy (20-03-2020)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Inside Martha's terrifying hostage ordeal on Home And Away
    Has volatile Kieran gone too far this time?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...a-kieran-67112

First Kieran was in The Bay, swilling alcohol and stirring up trouble.

Then he was gone, appearing only to his agitated and hallucinating mother, Martha.

Now, he's back again ? for real this time ? and fans will be gobsmacked when booze-fuelled Kieran kidnaps Martha.

In this week's tense Home And Away, Kieran (Rick Donald) takes a terrified Martha (Belinda Giblin) hostage in a caravan, violently putting his hand over her mouth so she can't scream out to her beloved Alf (Ray Meagher) for help.

With no chance of escape, things are looking grim indeed for poor Martha.

The drama kicks off with an embarrassed and upset breaking down conceding to Alf and Roo (Georgie Parker) that what she'd previously thought was Kieran was a figment of her imagination.

Although Roo thinks it's a bad idea to take her out of the hospital, Alf decides to bring Martha home.

"Roo has been worried about Martha since Kieran's arrival," Georgie, 56, shares.

"Apart from the shock of finding out she has a brother, Roo feels like Martha has deceived her and Alf. She is not only concerned for Alf but also the health of the family."

Later, when Martha goes to a caravan to empty out Kieran's things, she's shocked to see Kieran inside. Is it him or another hallucination? Alf and Roo and convinced Martha's mind is playing tricks on her again, but they go with her to the van to make sure.

As they expect, the van is empty, but little do they know, conniving Kieran is hiding, watching them all. And that night, a crazed Kieran breaks into vans, feverishly gulping down whatever alcohol he can get his grubby mitts on.

When Alf and Roo go looking for Martha, they find her paints scattered everywhere, but no sign of Martha. Although they can tell there has been some kind of struggle.

Little do they know Kieran has a vicious hold on Martha in another van. He wants money from Martha for more alcohol. A worried Alf calls the police ? but will get there in time?

"It's such an unlikeable thing when a man is aggressive towards a female, but it feels even worse when it's towards his own mother," Rick, 35, tells TV WEEK.

"I definitely think I won't have many supporters on the show. I think a lot of people don't like the way he treats people."

And:

Home and Away announces shock hostage storyline for Martha and Kieran
    Martha is faced with yet another problem.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...napped-kieran/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 22-03-2021 at 22:22.

Thread Information