Thread: Tyler Jeffries (Will Barnett)

Exclamation Tyler Jeffries (Will Barnett)

A FORMER Bridgewater High student made his debut on Coronation Street tonight, Thursday.

Will Barnett plays the new character Tyler Jeffries and has been filming with Corrie for the past six weeks.

The 18-year-old has been a member of the National Youth Theatre since summer 2016.

Will, from Grappenhall Heys, was bitten by the acting bug when he was 14 and first appeared in Sir John Deane's College's production of Our Country's Good before being cast in National Youth Theatre's Zigger Zagger.

In his TV debut for Corrie he plays a school friend of Simon Barlow (Alex Bain) and will play a big part in the soap's storyline on Monday.

Will said: "I can't give away too much but my character gets Simon into a lot of trouble for doing a lot of stupid things.

"He has no respect for authority and just likes to cause trouble.

"Despite Tyler being a bad influence, the two are close friends whose friendship seems genuine due to the similar circumstances they find themselves in.

"I am super excited about my Corrie debut, we are having family and friends around to our house to celebrate this new chapter in my life.

"It still hasn't really sunk in and I don't think it will until I actually see myself on the TV.

"My experience so far at Corrie has been amazing and everyone there is so lovely, I feel as though I've fit right into the family."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (23-03-2018)

Coronation Street's Steve McDonald and Tracy Barlow realise there's no escape from troublesome Tyler Jefferies next week, as he bags himself a new job at the Bistro.

The couple want Tyler and his mum Vicky to stay well away from the cobbles and leave them in peace while Amy tries to cope with her surprise pregnancy.

Last week, Steve and Tracy promised that they wouldn't report 17-year-old Tyler for sleeping with their underage daughter, as long as he and Vicky kept their distance.

Sadly, Vicky won't be disappearing so easily and shocks the family next week by turning up at their door unexpectedly.

Vicky claims that Tyler feels guilty over his recent behaviour and now wants to be part of his baby's life.

Interfering further, Vicky also persuades Robert Preston to give Tyler a job at the Bistro so he can get his life back on track.

Later on, Steve, Tracy and Amy try to take their minds off the recent dramas by heading off for a family meal at – yep, you guessed it – the Bistro.

The trio can't believe their eyes when they find Tyler working there and are fearful over the Jefferies family continuing to make their presence felt.

Has Tyler really changed his ways and can Vicky be trusted?

Digital Spy

Thread Information