Thread: Jane Harris (Annie Jones)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Jane Harris (Annie Jones)

Neighbours bosses have announced that Jane Harris – aka Plain Jane Superbrain – is making an exciting return to the Aussie soap.

Annie Jones has reprised the role for the first time since 2005, when she appeared briefly in the show's 20th anniversary celebrations.

Jane was a regular on Neighbours between 1986 and 1989 and was a close friend of Kylie Minogue's iconic character Charlene Mitchell.

Originally portrayed as a nerdy bookworm – which earned her the 'Plain Jane' nickname on screen – the popular Erinsborough resident later underwent a glamorous makeover.

Neighbours chiefs have now teased that Jane has some unfinished business on Ramsay Street and will be heading back with a mission to rectify the past.

This is sure to mean crossing paths with Paul Robinson, the only regular character left who has history with Jane.

Speaking about her shock comeback, Annie explained: "I was absolutely thrilled to be asked to return to Neighbours. As an actor, the best thing you can be is a working actor.

"I've done a lot of guest roles but usually very short-lived, so this has been lovely to come back for an extended period and really get my teeth into a part."

Stefan Dennis, who plays Paul, added: "This is going to sound terribly gushy, Annie is just the same as she was on the show 30 years ago – kind, funny and just a beautiful person to be around. I've loved having her back on set."

Neighbours fans will see Jane make her return in early April.

Show producer Jason Herbison commented: "Annie is a beloved star from the golden era of Neighbours and we are honoured to have her back on the show. She had a very interesting take on what her character Jane might be up to nowadays and we incorporated it into the storyline. There's warmth and nostalgia, yet also a very fascinating character journey."

Greg Barnett, Channel 5's Commissioning Editor of Factual Entertainment added: "Neighbours fans across the world will be absolutely thrilled to hear that Plain Jane Superbrain is coming back to their screens. We're so pleased that Annie Jones has returned to the show and can't wait for our viewers to find out why Jane is back."

Digital Spy

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ChrisRF (19-02-2018), HarryHedgehog (23-02-2018), MellBee (19-02-2018), nallak (12-04-2018), Pantherboy (18-02-2018), TaintedLove (19-02-2018)

Thread Information