Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Colby (Tim Franklin)

I hated this twist. Doesn't she think? They have known for a long time that there was no physical evidence linking either of them to the crime. It was over until she decided that Colby needed to answer for his crime, without her Angelo has nothing.She also risked Dean, it is likely that the crime scene shows that two people were involved leaving Dean wide open to being charged. It doesn't make sense to me that Willow who has lived her entire life straddling the line between legal and illegal would be so black and white. Neither Dean nor Bella will forgive her ever. She sat there at their farewell dinner plotting to make him confess on tape and knowing that she and she alone was going to send her childhood friend to prison, leaving Bella an orphan. I know she already is but he was In loco parentis. If Colby had been in danger of being charged or had threatened to bring Dean down with him, then maybe but not in the,situation as it was.

is he killed in prison or put in protection so leaving?

Nowtolove.com.au article:

AUST PACE!

EXCLUSIVE: Tim Franklin spills on tonight?s explosive Home And Away finale, and fans better hold on to their couch cushions because it?s going to be HUGE
    ''I was really shocked.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...le-colby-66093

The moment we've been waiting for is almost here, it's so tantalising close we can almost taste the salty Summer Bay sea breeze.

That's right, tonight the Home And Away finale is set to air and it's promising to deliver waves of emotion and drama, culminating in one shock ending.

With Colby behind bars, following his intense trial and the shock Witness X reveal, he finds himself trapped with the very criminals he put in there.

In tonight's season final we'll see Colby pacing the jail when a crew of inmates surround him. They recognise his face? it's one they'll never forget.

Speaking with Now To Love ahead of tonight's explosive season finale, the actor who plays Colby Thorne, Tim Franklin, spills on all the drama that's about to unfold.

"I knew when Colby decided to kill Ross that that drama was like? they let it rest and they let it rest for a long time. I knew it was on the back-burner and I knew it was going to come around, like a cheeky little storyline boomerang," he says with a laugh.

"I knew something was coming, but I didn't know how they were going to write it."

Colby may be keeping up a brave face behind bars but Tim says the reality couldn't be further from that for the ex-cop.

"He isn't coping well. He always knew it was a possibility to end up in that environment."

"We filmed it at an actual prison, which meant not a lot of acting was required, the place had such an intense energy."

"But Colby is constantly on edge, he's one word away from people finding out he's a cop, in a facility like that it's life-threatening," the actor explains.

Fans have been torn over Colby's storyline and whether he deserves to be behind bars for killing Ross.

So, what does Tim think?

"Lets be honest, Ross was a piece of work. He killed his parents, he kidnapped his sister and wife the day after his wedding, kidnapped his sister for most of his life."

"I don't even know what Tim would do in that situation! If someone killed my parents I can't be certain as to what I would do."

"I'm not saying his actions are justified, violence is the last thing that any of us should do but I think Colby was dealt a very hard hand and he just had to play it in the end."

As for tonight's final episode, Tim admits even he didn't see what was coming.

"I was really shocked," he teases.

Home And Away's season finale airs tonight on Channel 7 at 7pm

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away reveals shocking new 2021 storyline for Colby Thorne
    Will he survive?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...021-storyline/

Home and Away spoilers follow for UK and Australian viewers.

Home and Away has revealed that Colby Thorne will face a dramatic fight for his life next month.

The huge storyline has been confirmed in a new trailer which teases what's to come when the 2021 season begins on Australian screens.

Last November, the 2020 Australian season finale episode ended on a worrying note for Colby after he'd been sent to prison for the murder of Ross Nixon.

Colby had desperately hoped to prevent any of the other inmates from finding out that he used to work as a police officer, knowing that this could be a potential death sentence.

Unfortunately for Colby, his secret was ultimately exposed and a group of menacing prisoners cornered him.

Home and Away's newest trailer now shows Colby in hospital, seemingly as a result of the incident.

Colby's sister Bella Nixon (Courtney Miller) is seen by his side in an emotional state, saying: "I love you, Colby."

Meanwhile, an on-screen caption bills the storyline as "A fight to survive".

Rumours that Tim Franklin, who plays Colby, has left the Home and Away cast have been circulating online for some time. However, viewers will have to tune in to find out whether the disgraced policeman is being killed off.

Home and Away returns to Australian screens on Monday, February 1.

The show has already made its comeback on Channel 5 in the UK, which is running several weeks behind the Australian timeline.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and returns on Monday, February 1 at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Is this the end for Colby? Home and Away's former cop fights for his life after vicious prison attack
    It's a "race against time" to save the beloved character.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...olby-die-66630

Every Home And Away fan felt sick to the stomach as Colby was approached by angry prison inmates in last year's gripping season finale.

Things certainly didn't not bode well for the ex-cop, now behind bars for a killing he tried to conceal but failed.

And our biggest fears have come true in the season return of the hit drama, with Colby (Tim Franklin) beaten senseless by vengeful jailbirds.

"We pick up with Colby's fight for life and the race against time to try to save his life," series producer Lucy Addario tells TV WEEK.

The first thing we see is Lewis (Luke Arnold) frantically performing CPR on Colby, but his vitals aren't improving.

"He's not responding," Lewis (Luke Arnold) yells.

"We need an ambulance."

Oblivious to Colby's dire situation, Dean (Patrick O'Connor) and his sister Bella (Courtney Miller) wonder how he's faring in prison.

If only they knew?

On the way to the hospital, Colby's condition further deteriorates when he has a seizure.

At the hospital, Jasmine (Sam Frost) is rocked when she sees Colby being rushed in and, together with Lewis, they devise a plan to get Dean and Bella in to see him before it's too late.

Dean gets the River Boys to cause a distraction at the hospital while he and Bella slip into the ward to see an unconscious Colby.

"Dean is scared for his mate," Patrick, 28, says.

"He would be absolutely devastated if Colby died."

With his life hanging by a thread, is it time to say goodbye to Colby?

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away returns for 2021 season with dramatic Colby Thorne plot
    The show is finally back on Australian screens.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-2021-scenes/

It was Colby's final appearance in tonight's episode in Aust & it was revealed that the new incident, where he was sent to solitary, was because he was in a fight with an inmate who he stabbed with a makeshift knife.

Digital Spy article after last night's episode:

Home and Away reveals second incident in Colby Thorne jail storyline
    Bella and Dean receive more bad news.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...cond-incident/

And now the Nowtolove.com.au article after tonight's episode:

EXCLUSIVE: Tim Franklin reveals he tried to convince Home And Away?s producers to go with a very different ending for Colby

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...by-leave-66781

When we've said goodbye to Home And Away characters in the past it's typically been in dramatic or fulfilling fashion ? a shock shooting or a happy family moving on to a fresh start.

So, when we watched disgraced Summer Bay cop, Colby Thorne, dragged to solitary confinement tonight, it hardly felt like a just ending.

Given his tumultuous and criminal story lines maybe this is a form of justice in itself ? other than his prison sentence, of course.

Regardless of how you feel about Colby's demise, this was the last time we will see Tim Franklin on our screens ? sob!

Speaking exclusively to Now To Love the actor reveals his exit from the show wasn't exactly what he envisioned for his character, either.

"I was really shocked, I was really surprised, you know, surprised that it wasn't going to be a death to be honest," Tim admits. "I was trying to convince [the writers] for a long time, like, I want to go out guns blazing."

"But, when I read it, I really loved it; it's a really nice little end for Colby. He needed to pay the price at some point."

Tim, who has played the River-Boy-turned-police-officer since 2018, has known for a long time the murder of his criminal step-father, Ross Nixon, would always come back to haunt Colby.

"I knew when Colby decided to kill Ross that that drama was like? they let it rest and they let it rest for a long time. I knew it was on the back-burner and I knew it was going to come around, like a cheeky little storyline boomerang," he says with a laugh.

It's been a dramatic past few months for Colby after being exposed by Detective Angelo, being betrayed by Willow, who was revealed as Witness X, and fighting for his life in prison.

The former cop shut out his loved ones and has been forced to do whatever it takes to survive behind bars. The turn of events paired with his open ended exit also means he could, someday, return.

"I've always floated the idea with some of the producers like, 'Hey, Colby could come back as a bad, bad boy who has broken out of prison.'"

"To be honest, I had the most fun playing Colby when he was a bit of a villain."

While Tim's "happy" with how things ended for Colby, his departure from the show on a personal level was much more sombre.

"It was like a family member moving away, except I was the one that was leaving, it was sad."

"We'd become a family over the past three years, you spend more time with the cast that my family and friends."

"There were definitely a few tears, mainly from me," he says with a chuckle.

And:

Home and Away star Tim Franklin speaks out after Colby Thorne's exit
    Tim Franklin's final scenes will air in the UK in three weeks.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-tim-franklin/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 11-02-2021 at 21:21.

Surely his highlight was working with Taylor !

was any of ross bad deeds and killings taken into account for colby case, no chelsea back who was kidnapped or belle testifying

Thank god he's gone.

Thread Information