Thread: Colby (Tim Franklin)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Colby (Tim Franklin)

Tim Franklin makes his debut on H&A this week (in Aust) as new cop Colby.

Daily Telegraph article:

Tim Franklin to debut as new heart-throb cop Colby on Home and Away

HE almost ran away with the circus but instead Tim Franklin has joined the cast of Home And Away.

The 27-year-old from the Gold Coast will debut as new heart-throb cop Colby in Summer Bay on Tuesday night.

Franklin told Confidential the role, replacing Pia Miller’s character, was a dream come true.

“It’s actually been so much fun,” he said. “I used to pretend to be a cop when I was a little kid and it’s funny now I do that for a living.”

But if it wasn’t for trapeze classes, he might have never pursued acting.

“I didn’t see the potential of acting as a career until my high school teacher introduced me to drama, clowning and physical theatre,” he said.

“Every week my teacher and I would go to flying trapeze. I was a little tall to join the circus; I wasn’t able to genetically pull it off.

“But besides almost running away with the circus, I was always into acting straight out of school.”

...and the TV Week article:

Tim Franklin prepares for life in the spotlight.

'Fame is surreal'

Tall, handsome and confident, the new cop in town is bound to attract attention.

But for his portrayer, Tim Franklin, the idea of being in the spotlight isn't that easy to grasp.

After photographers snapped him in Sydney's Palm Beach, the newest Home and Away star is still processing his first taste of fame.

"It's very surreal and weird." Tim laughs. "I was on the beach training, which is such a small moment in time, and it ended up on the internet. But I suppose it comes with the territory."

The role of Colby is the biggest to date for the Brisbane-born actor. In fact, he found out he'd be playing the part in his 27th birthday.

"It was the biggest news I've ever had," he enthuses. "My agent sang 'Happy Birthday', but changed my name to Colby. When I heard it, I jumped out of my seat and screamed - it was the best gift."

To get into character, Tim says he draws on his personal experiences to bring out the darkness in the cop.

"Colby has come from a turbulent upbringing, which is why he became a police officer," Tim says.

"I believe that any character has to come from a reality within myself. We've both had traumas and heartache in our past - as we all have - so I try to bring as much of myself to the role."

And while he appears to exude confidence on screen, Tim is surprisingly shy about playing the authority figure.

"I was daunted to play a police officer, because I had this idea in my head of what a police officer is," he reveals. "But the uniform does half the job for you - it gives you that authority."

Ahead of his debut on the Aussie drama, Tim admits he's anxious about what's to come.

"I can't say I'm ready, because I don't know what to expect," he smiles. "I'll just take it as it comes."

Dailymail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...interview.html

...and some photos of Tim filming with Sam Frost (Jasmine) in an article posted back in November 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-filming.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 06-02-2018 at 07:23.

Thread Information