Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colby (Tim Franklin)

Colby (Tim Franklin)

Tim Franklin makes his debut on H&A this week (in Aust) as new cop Colby.

Daily Telegraph article:

Tim Franklin to debut as new heart-throb cop Colby on Home and Away

HE almost ran away with the circus but instead Tim Franklin has joined the cast of Home And Away.

The 27-year-old from the Gold Coast will debut as new heart-throb cop Colby in Summer Bay on Tuesday night.

Franklin told Confidential the role, replacing Pia Miller’s character, was a dream come true.

“It’s actually been so much fun,” he said. “I used to pretend to be a cop when I was a little kid and it’s funny now I do that for a living.”

But if it wasn’t for trapeze classes, he might have never pursued acting.

“I didn’t see the potential of acting as a career until my high school teacher introduced me to drama, clowning and physical theatre,” he said.

“Every week my teacher and I would go to flying trapeze. I was a little tall to join the circus; I wasn’t able to genetically pull it off.

“But besides almost running away with the circus, I was always into acting straight out of school.”

...and the TV Week article:

Tim Franklin prepares for life in the spotlight.

'Fame is surreal'

Tall, handsome and confident, the new cop in town is bound to attract attention.

But for his portrayer, Tim Franklin, the idea of being in the spotlight isn't that easy to grasp.

After photographers snapped him in Sydney's Palm Beach, the newest Home and Away star is still processing his first taste of fame.

"It's very surreal and weird." Tim laughs. "I was on the beach training, which is such a small moment in time, and it ended up on the internet. But I suppose it comes with the territory."

The role of Colby is the biggest to date for the Brisbane-born actor. In fact, he found out he'd be playing the part in his 27th birthday.

"It was the biggest news I've ever had," he enthuses. "My agent sang 'Happy Birthday', but changed my name to Colby. When I heard it, I jumped out of my seat and screamed - it was the best gift."

To get into character, Tim says he draws on his personal experiences to bring out the darkness in the cop.

"Colby has come from a turbulent upbringing, which is why he became a police officer," Tim says.

"I believe that any character has to come from a reality within myself. We've both had traumas and heartache in our past - as we all have - so I try to bring as much of myself to the role."

And while he appears to exude confidence on screen, Tim is surprisingly shy about playing the authority figure.

"I was daunted to play a police officer, because I had this idea in my head of what a police officer is," he reveals. "But the uniform does half the job for you - it gives you that authority."

Ahead of his debut on the Aussie drama, Tim admits he's anxious about what's to come.

"I can't say I'm ready, because I don't know what to expect," he smiles. "I'll just take it as it comes."

Dailymail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...interview.html

...and some photos of Tim filming with Sam Frost (Jasmine) in an article posted back in November 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-filming.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 06-02-2018 at 07:23.

Elsewhere in Summer Bay, a new police officer arrives in town following Kat's death.

Senior Constable Colby Thorne, played by new cast member Tim Franklin, turns up just as the situation with the new River Boys is getting out of hand.

There's trouble ahead when two of the gang members – Taz and Bluey – antagonise customers at the gym by fiercely interrogating them over Robbo's whereabouts.

When Mason Morgan (Orpheus Pledger) takes control by throwing them out, Taz and Bluey are left wanting payback and they lie in wait for him later that day.

Mason Morgan is hassled by River Boys in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Mason Morgan is hassled by River Boys in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Although Mason tries to walk away when the thugs try to pick a fight with him, Taz and Bluey aren't backing down and go on the attack regardless.

All of a sudden, Colby arrives on the scene and warns the River Boys to back off – earning himself a punch from Taz in the process.

As a huge fight erupts, the police arrive and break it up – only for Colby to surprise everyone when he introduces himself as the town's new copper. Will Colby be able to take control of the River Boys?

New cop Colby Thorne arrives and breaks up a fight in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

New cop Colby Thorne arrives and breaks up a fight in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Thursday, March 22 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (10-03-2018)

is he a river boy, a touch of the departed undercover as a cop?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is he a river boy, a touch of the departed undercover as a cop?
    AUST PACE

He is an ex-river boy (he even has the 'Blood and Sand' tattoo on his chest) - and as the cops wouldn't take too kindly to his old 'gang' affiliations, he doesn't want the Sarge to know!

Is he an ex boyfriend of Willow?

I think he’s just a childhood friend. She definitely dated dean tho.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (01-04-2018), tammyy2j (17-04-2018)

Home and Away reveals more about the history between new policeman Colby Thorne and River Boy Dean Thompson later this month.

Colby (Tim Franklin) is clearly feeling guilty about the past when he approaches Dean and offers him an opportunity to punch him, hoping that it'll be enough to settle their past grudge.

Dean (Patrick O'Connor) is far from impressed over Colby's offer, reminding him that he lost everything in the road crash they were both in years ago.

Dean Thompson and Colby Thorne clash in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Before Dean can continue speaking his mind, he suddenly collapses to the ground and starts convulsing in shocking scenes.

When Dean is rushed to hospital, he's stabilised by the doctors and it's revealed that he may have had a bad reaction to some home-brewed alcohol.

While the bad boy rests, Willow Harris (Sarah Roberts) quizzes Colby about the crash he was in with Dean when they were younger.

Finally telling the truth about what really happened that night, Colby admits that they weren't going for a joyride together – he actually asked Dean to steal the car and still bailed on him after the crash.

Mason Morgan works on Dean Thompson in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Colby offers to give Willow the full story, but she doesn't want to hear any more – claiming that nothing could justify why he let Dean go to jail for him.

Later, Dean wakes up and is furious that Colby told Willow everything, but she wants to wait until he's better before they go into it. Is there even more to learn about their past?

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, April 24 and Wednesday, April 25 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away's Colby Thorne to reveal a big secret after sex with Jasmine Delaney.

What has he been hiding?

Home and Away will reveal one of Colby Thorne's biggest secrets on Australian screens this week.

Colby (Tim Franklin) will decide to confide in fellow Summer Bay newcomer Jasmine Delaney after they spend the night together.

Scenes which aired in Australia today saw Colby and Jasmine (Sam Frost) continue to grow closer, having previously shared a kiss.

Home and Away fans in the UK have yet to see them interact much, but a spark between them will be explored in future episodes coming up on Channel 5.

After Colby sleeps with Jasmine, he seems full of regret by insisting that it can't happen between them again.

Revealing there's more to his rejection than meets the eye, Colby explains that he's in the police force for a very important reason, which very few people know about.

Colby's secret means that he could have to leave Summer Bay at very short notice, so he doesn't want to get romantically attached to anyone.

Today's Australian episode also saw Colby study an old missing girl's file for a 10-year-old called Bella Nixon.

Although their connection was left unclear, Colby was clearly affected by her image.

Is this all linked to Colby's secret and the unknown reason that he's in the police force?

Home and Away will air these scenes in late May in the UK. The show airs at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Follow up Digital Spy article to the previous story on Colby:

Home and Away reveals a dark secret from Colby Thorne's past.

The truth is out!

Warning: This article contains Home and Away spoilers for episodes which won't air on Channel 5 in the UK until May.

Home and Away has revealed Colby Thorne's big secret on Australian screens.

Summer Bay's new policeman confided in Jasmine Delaney in scenes which aired Down Under today (April 17), explaining that he's desperate to track down two missing family members.

Upcoming episodes on Channel 5 will see Home and Away explore a romantic spark between Colby (Tim Franklin) and Jasmine, which leads to them sleeping together.

Afterwards, a nervous Colby tries his best to push Jasmine (Sam Frost) away – insisting that nothing can happen between them ever again.

As seen in today's Australian episode, Colby does have feelings for Jasmine but is scared to get himself tied down in any relationship.

That's because Colby's younger sister and his mother were both abducted by his abusive stepfather a long time ago – and he knows he'll have to drop everything and leave if he ever gets a lead on their whereabouts.

Colby's secret search is also the main reason why he joined the police force, hoping that it would improve his chances of tracking his family down.

Opening up to Jasmine, an emotional Colby explained: "Dad was a cop, but he died in the line of duty. I went off the rails a little bit, fell in with the River Boys, but never really felt like I belonged.

"Mum remarried, a guy named Ross Nixon. They had Bella, my sister. She was such a great kid. I loved her to bits."

Revealing more about Ross, Colby added: "He was violent. I tried to get my mum and Bella away from him, but before I could, he grabbed them and he ran.

"I went after them and I've been searching for them ever since. I even became a cop because I thought I could help. Mangrove River was the last place I saw them, so when the position came up, I took it.

"I can't help but think there's something that I missed all those years ago – a clue as to where they might have gone."

Home and Away airs these scenes in May in the UK. The show airs at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-04-2018)

Digital Spy article - AUST PACE SPOILER ALERT!

Home and Away airs a shock death in new Colby Thorne storyline.

The scenes aired in Australia today.

Warning: This article contains Home and Away spoilers for episodes which won't air on Channel 5 in the UK until May.

Home and Away killed off a character on Australian screens today (April 19), as an impulsive decision from Colby Thorne had terrible consequences.

Policeman Colby (Tim Franklin) fired his gun at returning villain Boyd Easton while in the line of duty, which led to Boyd losing his life in hospital when doctors were unable to save him.

UK fans saw Boyd introduced to Home and Away for a short stint earlier this year. His initial storyline saw him terrorising Willow Harris over some money that she owed him.

In the next few weeks on Channel 5, UK viewers will see another unsettling turn of events in Summer Bay when Justin Morgan's daughter Ava is kidnapped – with Boyd and his family later revealed as the sinister culprits.

Still obsessed over the money and his grudge, Boyd and his accomplices demand $25,000 in exchange for Ava's safe return.

Keen to help her boyfriend get his daughter back, brave Willow then agrees to be part of a police operation to draw out the kidnappers, acting as bait as she brings along the money.

Unfortunately, the police plan descends into complete chaos when River Boy Dean Thompson launches his own unofficial attempt to rescue Ava, which proves to be an unnecessary distraction for everyone.

When Boyd takes his opportunity to escape from the scene amid the confusion, he rushes to his car and drives straight for Dean – forcing Colby to pull out his gun and fire.

This means that the vehicle swerves and only clips Dean, but Boyd is left with a serious gunshot injury and later passes away in hospital.

Home and Away's latest death is just the beginning of even bigger drama to come, as Boyd's family will be going out for revenge in a tense new storyline.

Boyd's mum Hazel is particularly devastated by his loss – but his sister Ebony seems to pose an even greater threat.

Cool, calm and collected, Ebony poses as a nurse at the hospital to keep an eye on her brother's progress before he dies.

Ebony then conspires with Hazel – promising that she already has a plan in mind to take revenge against everyone who was involved in Boyd's death.

With Colby's career already hanging in the balance after he broke protocol and shot Boyd, could there be even worse to come with a dangerous new enemy now coming for him?

Home and Away will air these scenes in the UK in May. The show airs at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information